E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS for login after 1.0.12 to 1.5 Stable

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
heary
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS for login after 1.0.12 to 1.5 Stable

Post by heary » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:46 am

Hi
This is heary from Canada I am new user of Joomla but I have a similar problem with my Joomla installation , once the user registers to the account, the jos_users table reflects the new user creation and an email is also sent out but once the user tries to login he gets a E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS and in the database. I have seen that the jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map and the jos_core_acl_aro tables don't get updated. can you give me a solution to this problem?
Signature rules: Literal URLs only - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

SamTzu
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SamTzu » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Concur. Having the same problem with J1.5.15 - Could this be SEF issue?
------------------------------------
SamTzu

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Are they in other tables? If they're working and not working make sure you're not seeing corruption. They should be in some of the jos_core_acl tables and if they're not then you won't see them in the user manager but you will see them in the table.
Sam Moffatt
Updater, Installer and Authentication Systems
JoomlaCode Backend Systems
Pie.

SamTzu
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SamTzu » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:07 pm

I think I solved the problem.

It looks like in the migration from Joomla 1.0 to Joomla 1.5 the 'Administrator' account had somehow not been migrated. (ie. I had made a mistake) so I manually used phpmyadmin to add the account and now everything seems to work.

Apparently you need that account even though it's not in use in any of the sites we host.

Sami Mattila
Last edited by ooffick on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Note: Removed manual Signature. Please read the Forum rules for details.
SamTzu

panosakris
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by panosakris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:09 pm

Hey mates i have the same serious problem but i am newone. I got mu users from one site to my newone inorder to enter the newone with same password they used to have in the old one... till here everything ok. BUT when i try to make new registration with activation link feature activated, the activation link never shows up in the users e-mail... If i disable this feature and just make a new registration then when i try to login i recieve e_login_access...

Please help it is a live site thks in advance!

SamTzu
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SamTzu » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:53 pm

You need to give more and clearer information on how you moved/copied the users/groups?

Sam
SamTzu

thefaro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thefaro » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:05 pm

All of my users are in both the jos_core_acl_aro and jos_users tables. STILL, I am getting that damned E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS error upon login and none of my registered users are appearing the administrator's user list. WTF? WTF? (>_<)

thefaro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thefaro » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:22 am

OK guys, I think I found the solution for everyone's issue here in this thread. I have just fixed my database. Follow these simple steps and everything should be back to normal.

Note: You must have your users in the jos_users table in order to fix the issue. If you have lost your users entirely within the (jos_users table) SQL, this will not help you.

Step 1 - Back up the following SQL tables:
jos_users
jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map
jos_core_acl_aro_sections
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map

Step 2 - Delete each row in the jos_core_acl_aro table. Do so by scrolling below all of the rows displayed and clicking "Check All" and then the "X" button.

Step 3 - Run the following SQL code in your database by copying/pasting the code in the SQL tab.
Per Yngve Berg wrote:

Code: Select all

insert into  jos_core_acl_aro (section_value, value, name) select 'users', id, name from jos_users; 
All of your users from jos_users should now appear in the jos_core_acl_aro table.

Step 4 - Delete each row in the jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map table. Do so by scrolling below all of the rows displayed and clicking "Check All" and then the "X" button.

Step 5 - Run the following SQL code in your database by copying/pasting the code in the SQL tab.
Per Yngve Berg wrote:

insert into  jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map (group_id, aro_id) select '18', id from jos_core_acl_aro; 
All of your users from the jos_core_acl_aro table should be synced with the jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map table.

Step 6 - Cry tears of joy.

Now, to grant rights to those who need them, simply access the jos_core_acl_aro_groups table. Take note of the id column. That is the number you will be replacing some group ids with in the jos_core_acl_aro_groups table. Make certain to change the correct user. The aro_id is the same as the id listed in the jos_core_acl_aro table.

Hope this helps a ton (^__^). I know I feel relieved that this nightmare is over for meh.

SamTzu
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SamTzu » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:47 am

Thx. Man. Good article.
SamTzu

jhendric1000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jhendric1000 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks for providing such great information. Didn't work for me (ugh) which makes me think the real problem is still not understood. That said...On your second sql statement

insert into  jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map (group_id, aro_id) select '18', id from jos_core_acl_aro;
should it actually be

insert into  jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map (group_id, aro_id) select '18', aro_id from jos_core_acl_aro;
Assuming that's the case, I'm at a total loss of what to do next. I have over 5,000 users and this is a nightmare pita.
thefaro wrote:OK guys, I think I found the solution for everyone's issue here in this thread. I have just fixed my database. Follow these simple steps and everything should be back to normal.

Note: You must have your users in the jos_users table in order to fix the issue. If you have lost your users entirely within the (jos_users table) SQL, this will not help you.

jos_users
jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map

Step 2 - Delete each row in the jos_core_acl_aro table. Do so by scrolling below all of the rows displayed and clicking "Check All" and then the "X" button.

Step 3 - Run the following SQL code in your database by copying/pasting the code in the SQL tab.
Per Yngve Berg wrote:

insert into  jos_core_acl_aro (section_value, value, name) select 'users', id, name from jos_users; 
All of your users from jos_users should now appear in the jos_core_acl_aro table.

Step 4 - Delete each row in the jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map table. Do so by scrolling below all of the rows displayed and clicking "Check All" and then the "X" button.

Step 5 - Run the following SQL code in your database by copying/pasting the code in the SQL tab.
Per Yngve Berg wrote:

All of your users from the jos_core_acl_aro table should be synced with the jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map table.

Now, to grant rights to those who need them, simply access the jos_core_acl_aro_groups table. Take note of the id column. That is the number you will be replacing some group ids with in the jos_core_acl_aro_groups table. Make certain to change the correct user. The aro_id is the same as the id listed in the jos_core_acl_aro table.

Hope this helps a ton (^__^). I know I feel relieved that this nightmare is over for meh.

juelie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by juelie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:07 pm

jhendric1000 wrote:Didn't work for me (ugh) which makes me think the real problem is still not understood.
Didn't work for me either. I have tried everything prescribed, worked and re-worked... but to no avail :(

However my trouble was with CB. When I imported data (jos_comprofiler, jos_core_acl_xxxx, jos_users) onto my J!1.5 test site (whether it's of a migration or clean install), I ran into this brick wall. There was a mention in http://www.joomlapolis.com/component/op ... 71/#123671 to use CB's Tools. But I can't even log into the Admin backend :'(

Help.

thefaro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thefaro » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 pm

So sorry guys. I was really hoping that my post would have resolved the issue (v_v). My issue before applying this fix was that all of my users disappeared from my user list in the admin control panel. After some research I realized the problem was the core user tables. They were missing data for each user so once I recovered the data using the tha script I mentioned and added the rights, no more no_login error for me. All my users were back. I really hope Joomla devs find a fix for this. This is pretty critical and has been happening for a long time.

juelie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by juelie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 am

You are a lifesaver, thefaro!!! I re-installed J!1.5.15, copied over the database and files, and employed your script on my test sites. It's working great. Now I'm moving onto the live ones.

Thank you very much! :)

coolbung
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by coolbung » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 am

I ran into the same problem a few days ago.
Realised that it's due to the difference in table structures of the ACL related tables between Joomla 1.0 & Joomla 1.5. I'm listing below the related tables and their column names in Joomla 1.0 and Joomla 1.5

Following are the changes
Table: #__core_acl_aro
J1.0
aro_id section_value value order_value name hidden

J1.5
id section_value value order_value name hidden

Table: #__core_acl_aro_groups
J1.0
group_id parent_id name lft rgt

J1.5
id parent_id name lft rgt value

#__core_acl_aro_sections
J1.0
section_id value order_value name hidden

J1.5
id value order_value name hidden

#__core_acl_groups_aro_map
J1.0
group_id section_value aro_id

J1.5
group_id section_value aro_id

So the problem will occur only if you copy the tables instead of using the migrator tool.

The migrator tool can sometimes time out, or exceed PHP limits. In such cases you might need to directly copy the tables from your Joomla 1.0 to the new Joomla 1.5 site. The above table will be helpful to you. If you rename the fields according to Joomla 1.5 you should be good to go!
Ashwin K. Date - Follow @coolbung @tekdinet @techjoomla @jugpune
Joomla! Extensions & Training - www.techjoomla.com

AbbasKhalil
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AbbasKhalil » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:34 pm

thefaro wrote:So sorry guys. I was really hoping that my post would have resolved the issue (v_v). My issue before applying this fix was that all of my users disappeared from my user list in the admin control panel. After some research I realized the problem was the core user tables. They were missing data for each user so once I recovered the data using the tha script I mentioned and added the rights, no more no_login error for me. All my users were back. I really hope Joomla devs find a fix for this. This is pretty critical and has been happening for a long time.

Hello, hello!

I tried the steps that you mentioned to run the specific queries, and it worked!

I didn't migrate, it was a fresh install of Joomla.

The tables were not syncing, when I used to register a user on the website, the account was created within only one table and it didn't show up anywhere else. Your queries did the job and I was able to sign-in with the user.

But the problem is that whenever I register a user on my website, they do not show up! Your queries work great if you already have lots of users registered.

My problem lies with the fact that I want new registrations to work without the help of running queries manually.

Any suggestions on how I do that?

Thanks again for your Advice,
Now I have a better idea of what the problem is.
Now to get to the bottom of the problem of new user registrations. :D

bretfort
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bretfort » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:39 am

mattioi wrote:Here was my fix (I had the same issue).

I had one staging site that I did a clean install of J1.5 on, and my live site running J 1.0xx.
All my users were getting "E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS" when they tried to login.

I resolved it by doing the following...

First I ran the migrator again on my old site with only checking the "Core ACL" tables.

Core ACL ARO ETL Plugin
Core ACL ARO Groups
Core ACL Groups ARO Map

I took the .sql file that it made and imported it into my new staging J1.5 site. It chugged away importing all my users and then error'd at the end on "administrator user already exists". This was not a big deal because administrator was already working because I set it up when I installed J1.5.

Now I ran community builders "Tools -> Check Users" item. It told me a bunch of errors with my "core_acl_aro table." It offers the option to fix it. I clicked fix it... and bam all my users now can login and both my JOS_USERS & JOS_Comprofiler are in sync.

-Matt

the above procedure iz perfect when u add record into user account info database from an external script. u have to run it once

AbbasKhalil
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AbbasKhalil » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:53 am

bretfort wrote:the above procedure iz perfect when u add record into user account info database from an external script. u have to run it once

That only seem to fix the problem of already registered users.

New Registrations still can't seem to login!

Same syncing problems!

It doesn't work!

bretfort
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bretfort » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:48 pm

i use the fllowing php procedure to enter user logininfo from an externally captured form or from any other datbase

$sql = "INSERT INTO jos_users(name, username, email, password, usertype, block, sendEmail, gid, registerDate, lastvisitDate, activation, params) VALUES ('$stfirstname', '$username', '$email', '$password', '$usertype', '$block', '$sendmail', '$gid', '$senderdate', '$lastvisit', '$activation', '$params');" ;

$query = mysql_query($sql) or die("Server Error. Please contact the site administrator with the error below.<br />" . mysql_error());

//--------------------------------get data from ""jos_users""----------------------------------------
$sql3 = "SELECT id, name FROM jos_users WHERE name='$stfirstname' ";
$query3 = mysql_query($sql3) or die("Server Error. Please contact the site administrator with the error below.<br />" . mysql_error());
$results = mysql_fetch_array($query3); // get rsult row into results variable array.
$value = $results['id'];
$name4acl = $results['name'];
$section_value = "users";
$order_value = "0";
$hidden = "0";
//------------------------entering dat into """'jos_core_acl_aro""""---------------------------

$sql2 = "INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_aro(section_value, value, order_value, name, hidden) VALUES ('$section_value', '$value', '$order_value', '$name4acl', '$hidden');" ;

$query2 = mysql_query($sql2) or die("Server Error. Please contact the site administrator with the error below.<br />" . mysql_error());

//----------------------entering data into """""jos_comprofiler""""""-------------------------------------
$id = $value;
$user_id = $value;

$sql4 = "INSERT INTO jos_comprofiler (id, user_id, firstname, middlename, lastname, hits, message_last_sent, message_number_sent, avatar, avatarapproved, approved, confirmed, lastupdatedate, registeripaddr, cbactivation, banned, banneddate, unbanneddate, bannedby, unbannedby, bannedreason, acceptedterms) VALUES ('$id', '$user_id', NULL, NULL, NULL, '0', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0', NULL, '1', '1', '1', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '', '0', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, '0');" ;

$query4 = mysql_query($sql4) or die("Server Error. Please contact the site administrator with the error below.<br />" . mysql_error());

//----------------getting data from """""" jos_core_acl_aro""""" -------------------------------------------
$sql6 = "SELECT id FROM jos_core_acl_aro WHERE value='$value' ";
$query6 = mysql_query($sql6) or die("Server Error. Please contact the site administrator with the error below.<br />" . mysql_error());
$results6 = mysql_fetch_array($query6); // get rsult row into results variable array.
$acl_aro_id = $results6['id'];
$groupid = "18";

//--------------------------------entering data into """""jos_comprofiler""""""--------------------------------------

$sql5 = "INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map (group_id, section_value, aro_id) VALUES ('$groupid', '' , '$acl_aro_id');" ;
$query5 = mysql_query($sql5) or die("Server Error. Please contact the site administrator with the error below.<br />" . mysql_error());

DarkMessiah
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DarkMessiah » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:39 am

thefaro wrote:OK guys, I think I found the solution for everyone's issue here in this thread. I have just fixed my database. Follow these simple steps and everything should be back to normal.

jos_users
jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map

Per Yngve Berg wrote:

Per Yngve Berg wrote:

I am going to hug you one day.

I was dealing with this nightmare for almost 36 hours and I found this post. Everything is working perfectly, everyone is able to register/login. Thanks for your help!

bsky92
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bsky92 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Thank you soooooooooo much, I had no idea to know how to make it work, and now it's fine again

Thanks

raTMole
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by raTMole » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am

jos_users
jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map

Per Yngve Berg wrote:

Per Yngve Berg wrote:

thanks thefaro
after following you steps i realized that the table jos_core_acl_aro_groups was empty.

then i run in phpmyadmin

INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (17,0,'ROOT',1,22,'ROOT');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (28,17,'USERS',2,21,'USERS');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (29,28,'Public Frontend',3,12,'Public Frontend');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (18,29,'Registered',4,11,'Registered');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (19,18,'Author',5,10,'Author');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (20,19,'Editor',6,9,'Editor');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (21,20,'Publisher',7,8,'Publisher');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (30,28,'Public Backend',13,20,'Public Backend');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (23,30,'Manager',14,19,'Manager');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (24,23,'Administrator',15,18,'Administrator');
INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_groups` VALUES (25,24,'Super Administrator',16,17,'Super Administrator');
and everything was ok.
thanks again

pankajjain
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pankajjain » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:00 am

newuser31 wrote:I get the same error. I checked all the tables and the values are correct.
Please help!!!
Yeah!! same comes to me..hey folks i need to introduce new cam chat option in joomla website. Is there any plug in for the same.

om1985
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by om1985 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 pm

maybe its a template issue???? i have a replica copy of the site on another domain. and everything is fine on that site. however on my other site i am getting this error, yet i do not see why when it is an exact replica of the site which is getting an error, and both sites hosted on the same server. I have done several reinstall's including deleting all databases and creating new ones. At first I thought it may have been Kunena or Joomfish, as these components/plugins were not installed on the replica site.
However I have been reinstalling the entire site, from a fresh install of joomla, replicating the site in everyway except for the template and the two component/plugins as mentioned above.
I will try again with a new install of everything with a different template and without the Kunena and joomfish installed and will post my results here.
I'n the mean time you can check both sites here www.oryanm.com and www.kiwination.co.cc

lakshy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lakshy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:26 am

I had same problem..
I created my own usertypes as admin and associate, I dont know why this is third time records from jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map table only admin users records deleted automatically..
I am using NoixAcl component for adding custome access levels..

Please help me...

om1985
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by om1985 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:17 am

jos_users
jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map

Per Yngve Berg wrote:

Per Yngve Berg wrote:

following these steps, you may find that you are unable to login to the joomla administrator (backend) section. If this occurs, a simple fix would be to add a new admin to the mysql database.

om1985
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by om1985 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 pm

That doesn't work. Everytime a new user signs up you have to go through those steps again. Also following those steps, it prevents you from logging into the administrator control panel (backend) therefore I had to add a new administrator via mysql.
Also every time a new member signs up, that means I ill have to do this solution all over again, also I never migrated to 1.5stable. I have always and only ever installed joomla 1.5 stable.

Is there another solution to this?
Feel free to join my website as a member to get an idea on what this original post is all about.

nebyl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nebyl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Here's a little fix code that i added in the com_user controller under the register_save() function:

$db =& JFactory::getDBO();
$sql_id = "SELECT id FROM #__users order by id desc limit 1;"; 
$db->setQuery($sql_id);

$results = $db->loadObjectList();
$last_id = $results[0]->id - 1;

$query = "INSERT INTO `#__core_acl_aro` (`section_value`, `value`, `order_value`, `name`, `hidden`) 
SELECT 'users',id,0,name,0  FROM `#__users` WHERE id>".$last_id;

$db->setQuery( $query );
$db->query();

$query2 = "INSERT INTO `#__core_acl_groups_aro_map` SELECT 18,'',id 
FROM `#__core_acl_aro` WHERE value>".$last_id;

$db->setQuery( $query2 );
$db->query();
it worked pefectly after that, hope it will resolve your problems as it did with mine. For any further questions, please do not hesitate.

om1985
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by om1985 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:05 pm

where is com_user controller???

nebyl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nebyl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:48 pm

om1985 wrote:where is com_user controller???

/www/YourJoomlaProject/components/com_user/controller.php
of course, add the fix code at the end of the register_save() function.

ATek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ATek » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:47 am

nebyl - You rock! That fix worked perfectly. I had a fresh installation of 1.5.23 and Virtuemart 1.1.9 and I still was having problems registering new users, I didn't have any problems with the admin login on the backend.

It simply was not creating entries, even when I manually added them in through the User manager. With your fix it works perfectly now! That fix should be in all versions of Joomla.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”