E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS for login after 1.0.12 to 1.5 Stable

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
compass
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS for login after 1.0.12 to 1.5 Stable

Post by compass » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Performed what seems successful migration.

Users could not log in with what they thought their password was. After resetting their password, they now get an error:

E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS

Has anyone done a successful migration of 1.0.13 to 1.5 stable and everything was OK with the users?
Follow me on Twitter @compassdesign
www.compassdesigns.net - Get get free templates and news for Joomla
simplweb.com/joomla-hosting - Fully Managed Joomla Hosting - Unlimited Support

PhilTaylor-Prazgod
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS for login after 1.0.12 to 1.5 Stable

Post by PhilTaylor-Prazgod » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:36 pm

Barrie

After my debug session I can confirm that on your site after the migration all of the users in your site were set as registered users (group_id = 18 within the jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map table by changing the row where aro_id=10 to have a group_id = 25 I was then able to login as your super admin.

The same is true for all other user levels on your site - all had been reset to group_id = 18

Furthermore, all of the passwords remained md5 unsalted and were not changed to more secure salted passwords.

Hope this helps someone else :-)
Last edited by PhilTaylor-Prazgod on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Taylor
- https://mySites.guru - Manage Multiple Joomla/WordPress Sites In One Dashboard for Security, Audits, Backups and more....
- https://www.phil-taylor.com/

compass
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by compass » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks for your work on this Phil...

I guess we need to test whether the missing values were:

1. A migrator burp because of the large user table
2. A bug that occurs to superadmin users

PhilTaylor-Prazgod
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by PhilTaylor-Prazgod » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:29 pm

For the record, on a plain default install I cannot replicate the issue barry had - in my test it did transfer the mappings for the single super admin on the site.
Phil Taylor
- https://mySites.guru - Manage Multiple Joomla/WordPress Sites In One Dashboard for Security, Audits, Backups and more....

compass
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by compass » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 pm

Yup... it seems on reviewing the sql files created, the migrator burped on two lines, unfortunately the super admin acl mapping.

Here is my suggestion
I had huge problems because two lines were somehow missing from the migration dump. These two lines were the ACL maps that gave the Super Administrator the correct user rights!

Check that you can see this line in your migration output:

INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map (`group_id`,`section_value`,`aro_id`) VALUES ( '25','','10');

If you can't find it (mine was lost somehow), then you ill be locked out of you migrated site!
Last edited by compass on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingJackaL
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by KingJackaL » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks for this post compass - I've just had a similar problem (same fix).

In my case it was an installed-from-blank 1.5.0 stable site that had been working for a few weeks - I'm not 100% sure what triggered the login problem (a lot of development going on), but I tried an upgrade to 1.5.1 to fix it (which didn't work). In the end it was just that ARO-Group mapping that was missing.

Note to self: always put:

Code: Select all

<jdoc:include type="message" />
...in custom templates. The lack of that just makes debugging even harder :).

On the upside, it's forced me to gain a much better understanding of that chunk of the DB. Roll on 1.6 ;).

bett00
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bett00 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:56 am

I got the E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS three weeks after migration (it was ok). I get the error with an admin and author. i checked the
jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map and the numbers were ok, in fact they were login, suddenly, does not work the access to them (only for superadmin is ok the login)

I registered an new user as admin and i got the same.

Betty

teddirez
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddirez » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:14 pm

I got stuck in the admin loop on 1.5.1 that wasnt migrated from an earlier version with no error message. ASAIK there was no trigger for it.. Just stopped letting me in one day, i hadnt installed any new com/mod/bots recently the only changes made were a few articles added. I made a copy and installed it on my test domain where the problem was the same, updated to 1.5.2 and the E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS error started to show. jos_user the superadmin had reverted to "Registered" with gID 10 so i changed that back and also implemented the fix in this thread with no luck.
The only other trigger i could think of was me backing up the site from cPanel the night before, and strangely enough the backup contains the error as well.. So im really stumped.

PhilTaylor-Prazgod
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by PhilTaylor-Prazgod » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:13 pm

teddirez wrote:I got stuck in the admin loop on 1.5.1 that wasnt migrated from an earlier version with no error message. ASAIK there was no trigger for it.. Just stopped letting me in one day, i hadnt installed any new com/mod/bots recently the only changes made were a few articles added. I made a copy and installed it on my test domain where the problem was the same, updated to 1.5.2 and the E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS error started to show. jos_user the superadmin had reverted to "Registered" with gID 10 so i changed that back and also implemented the fix in this thread with no luck.
The only other trigger i could think of was me backing up the site from cPanel the night before, and strangely enough the backup contains the error as well.. So im really stumped.
without full access to the ACL database tables in the joomla database it will be near impossible for me (or anyone else) to provide free advice in this forum. Hace you tried manually resetting the password? are you sure your password is correct? if so then you may have some database integrity issues (rows in one table not tallying with rows in another table that have a virtual relationship)
Phil Taylor

teddirez
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by teddirez » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:15 am

yeh i had tried resetting the password. If i enter the wrong passpword it spits out the error accordingly. I can login to the front end, however, once logged in it doesnt seem to recognise the admin status as no modules/menu's set to 'special' show up. It's as if ive been reset to a standard registered user. When I originally checked the jos_user, my status was in fact "registered" with a gID of 10. I reset those to superadministrator and 25 respectively but wasnt allowed in backend of J! still.

Update: I have restored the database from last week and so far so good.. will be backing up nightly now just in case..

lisko12345
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lisko12345 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Im running Joomla 1.5.3 (I think, cant check atm). I haven't migrated from an older version, I installed a new one couple of months ago.

Today I tried to log in with my super admin password. I got an error telling me that my username/password are wrong. Im quite sure they are not.

I didn't reset the password yet, first I asked another user (I think she is admin, not super admin) to create a new super admin account. I tried logging in but I get a new error: E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS.

From what I could figure out from these forums, resetting my admin password wont do any good. That would just return E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS. Ill try that later but...

Does anyone have any idea whats going on here?

newuser31
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by newuser31 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:32 pm

I get the same error. I checked all the tables and the values are correct.
Please help!!!

Corsulian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Corsulian » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Likewise, lisko12345 & newuser31.

I didn't perform an upgrade or even a component/module installation to set this off -- it just happened one day that Joomla declared my super admin username/password to not match. Attempting to log in to the front end prompts the E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS error.

Using a different account to access the administration backend, I can see that the super administrator account isn't visible in the community builder user table.

Looking into phpMyAdmin, the gid and everything looks good. Even all the linked tables are good. I even tried replacing the password field with another MD5+salt encrypted word. Upon using that password on the backend, the Login button no longer prompts the username/password mismatch but instead does nothing (nothing = page refreshes with no error message or anything else).

This is a weird problem and seems to have come up more frequently for others recently.

dewguru
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dewguru » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:45 am

I have just run into this exact same problem. Site was running fine, haven't added anything new. Went away for the weekend and returned after labor day. The site no longer recognizes the Super Admin account and having one of the administrator's check the User list in Joomla, the Super Admin account doesn't show up.

However, it is showing up fine on looking at the table in MySQL.

Can't see anything out of the ordinary to correct.

dewguru
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dewguru » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:05 am

Okay, I got my Super Administrator account back. It doesn't make sense to me, but here's what I did.

Opened the MySQL database and promoted one of the Administrator's to a Super Administrator.

phpMyAdmin - the applicable database - xxx_users - browse - usertype to "Super Administrator" and gid to "25"

The promoted Administrator was able to log-in successfully, and suddenly they could see the Super Administrator account. I had them change the password for me, and then I tested the account and it worked. Scaled back their account back to Administrator, logged off, and was able to successfully log in again. Looks like the problem solved so far.

Now what caused it to do that in the first place, I've no idea...

roswara
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by roswara » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:53 am

Hi all,

Today, I also have problem about the user, when I tried to add users directly from sql phpMyAdmin (since I have to add over 100 users data, the fastest way is to directly inject user data into the database, right?).

Later on, I found out, that one user data means one row data in table jos_users, one row data in table jos_core_acl_aro and one row data in table jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map. I don't know exactly the use of those three tables.
But maybe you can follow these tips from me.. :laugh:

1. check your user table, make sure that you have all your users listed there.

2. check table jos_core_acl_aro. this table has field id, section_value, value, order_value, name, and hidden.
With some sql syntax, I make the name field in table jos_core_acl_aro has the same value with field name in table jos_users, and field value in jos_core_acl_aro has the same value with the field id in table jos_users.

3. check table jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map, and make sure that group_id is "18" for Registered User, and 25 for Super Administrator, and field aro_id in table jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map has the same value with field id in table jos_core_acl_aro.

Check all users data conformity in those three tables. Go to joomla homepage of yours, cross your finger, and try to log in. Hope it works fine, just like it is in mine.. 8)
Thank you for your help....
Cheers..
V ( ^ _ ^ ) V

ravindranathk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ravindranathk » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 am

hi,

i recommend complete backup of database and files before attempting.

the same issue came out of nowhere and i couldn't login.

i recommend this as the easiest way to go if anything doesn't work out.
the main login datas are all inside jos_users table.

1. if you have a local installation and a super admin field browse&export all the details using phpmyadmin.

2. delete the super admin which cannot be used to login in the "live site".

3. Select the query from locally exported super admin details ex: INSERT INTO `jos_users`(..........................);

and run it in the database of live site at the same place.

hope it'll workout, because the other methods didn't work with me.

mattioi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mattioi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:31 am

Here was my fix (I had the same issue).

I had one staging site that I did a clean install of J1.5 on, and my live site running J 1.0xx.
All my users were getting "E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS" when they tried to login.

I resolved it by doing the following...

First I ran the migrator again on my old site with only checking the "Core ACL" tables.

Core ACL ARO ETL Plugin
Core ACL ARO Groups
Core ACL Groups ARO Map

I took the .sql file that it made and imported it into my new staging J1.5 site. It chugged away importing all my users and then error'd at the end on "administrator user already exists". This was not a big deal because administrator was already working because I set it up when I installed J1.5.

Now I ran community builders "Tools -> Check Users" item. It told me a bunch of errors with my "core_acl_aro table." It offers the option to fix it. I clicked fix it... and bam all my users now can login and both my JOS_USERS & JOS_Comprofiler are in sync.

-Matt

l3ackdraft
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by l3ackdraft » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:14 pm

I had a similiar problem.
I migrated 500+ users from a cvs file to the database.

I lost privileges for everybody.

After looking through things I made sure the the
table - "jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map" - aro_id matched that of the user i wanted to have super administrator. the default is 10. (which was not the case for me)

The 10 comes from table - "jos_core_acl_aro" which is the id of the user with the super administrator privileges.

If your users are not listed in both of those tables with the correct assignments you will get the "E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS" error.

Hope this helps you out.

drmmr763
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by drmmr763 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:58 pm

I just had this issue as well. I am planning on doing a migration for a client, so I decided to do a test run on my localhost (with fresh 1.0 and 1.5 installs) today and see how difficult it would really be. I was FINALLY successful with my admin login after an hour of ripping my hair out.

When I first ran into this error I ran over here to find a solution, didn't find one that worked but the stuff that roswara posted really gave me a good hint that it was database related.

So; what I did:
I did a normal Joomla 1.5 install. From there I compared all of these tables to the attempted migrated tables in phpMyAdmin:

jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map
os_core_acl_aro_sections
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map

On two of those tables there was data missing (I don't remember which ones now...sorry). What I did was just hit the SQL tab on the working install, copy out the data insert SQL code, then go back to my non-working migration database and run the query. I did this at least twice. After making sure all the data in both databases matched in those tables, I tried logging in, and praise-God, it worked!

Definitely had something to do with table data missing in the acl mapping tables. This worked well in my case because I only have 1 real user to think about: me. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work for someone who has more levels of ACL in use.

-Chad
-Chad Windnagle
Please use the search feature as your question might already have been answered.

http://www.s-go.net/ ~ Website Hosting - Strategic Marketing - Website Development - Print Work

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:46 am

The 1.2 version of the migrator has an extra ETL plugin that is disabled by default which should handle transferring extra groups. It'll be for the jos_core_acl_aro_groups table which is what most ACL hacks in 1.0 worked upon. By default this isn't selected because it shouldn't be relevant however it is there as an option.
Sam Moffatt
Updater, Installer and Authentication Systems
JoomlaCode Backend Systems
Pie.

drmmr763
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by drmmr763 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:31 am

I saw that and made sure I checked in the second time I did a migration attempt. It didn't seem to have any effect as I still had the problem described in this thread. However, I will double-double check next time I do a migration to insure I didn't miss it.
-Chad Windnagle
Please use the search feature as your question might already have been answered.

http://www.s-go.net/ ~ Website Hosting - Strategic Marketing - Website Development - Print Work

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:11 am

Well the only table that would be left at that point is the sections table. What ACL hack were you using?
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

drmmr763
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by drmmr763 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Well the only table that would be left at that point is the sections table. What ACL hack were you using?
Not sure if I understand your question here. I wasn't using any 3rd party ACL comps. It was a straight joomla 1.0.15 demo install to a straight joomla 1.5.10 migration.
-Chad Windnagle

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Can you send me an export of your user tables? Seems strange that without exporting them all the users wouldn't appear this is typically some form of ACL hack at work.
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:34 pm

BTW, my email is sam DOT moffatt AT joomla DOT org
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

drmmr763
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by drmmr763 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:17 pm

Sure be glad to. I'll do it tomorrow afternoon.

Also to add to the confusion. I worked on a live client site today. I selected all ETL plugins available and did the export. Downloaded and tried to insert into J! 1.5.10's installer. It was successful import according to the app, however NONE of my content showed up. (This was working on a localhost so it's not like PHP was stopping my file from being uploaded, it's not even that large file size wise).

I also had the same login issue that I had previously with my user name and password not being recognized by the admin.

I'll try to re-simulate this tomorrow and take careful notes of what I do to help you out.

-Chad
-Chad Windnagle

brianmcgui
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by brianmcgui » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:09 pm

I have the problem that I have succesfully migrated my joomla 1 to 1.5 and all the users are across and i can log in using a registered user however if I try to log in with an administrator account I get the E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS I have tried logging into the administration and changing that user to registered etc so that I can see the gid change to 18 in the users table yet it still wont let me log in, I have quite a few administrators and they cant log in..

is there a fix for this yet?

thanks in advance

mandm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mandm » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:57 am

I have a similar problem with my Joomla installation , once the user registers to the account, the jos_users table reflects the new user creation and an email is also sent out but once the user tries to login he gets a E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS and in the database i have seen that the jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map and the jos_core_acl_aro tables don't get updated....does anyone have a solution to this problem?

hlarledge
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hlarledge » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:54 am

[bump]

In my case, users can work for days then get an E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS error. Checking the User Manager, they're not visible. Checking the jos_users table, they're right there.

Can we get a fix for this?

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”