can't edit any articles :( -SOLVED

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
N6REJ
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

can't edit any articles :( -SOLVED

Post by N6REJ » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:23 am

i'm getting a very strange error...
Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /home/treeturn/public_html/n6rej.com/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 263
this happens wether i'm in the front end or back... can anyone point me in the right direction?
legacy mode is on.
Last edited by N6REJ on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear

arthegone
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: can't edit any articles :(

Post by arthegone » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:25 am

I have the same problem.
installation:

JOOMLA 1.5.0
FIREBOAD
DISCUSSBOT

N6REJ
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: can't edit any articles :(

Post by N6REJ » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:50 pm

This is caused by discuss bot
Bear

fragov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: can't edit any articles :( -SOLVED

Post by fragov » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:00 am

No only Discuss Bot, I've got same from "Editor Button - Pagebreak" Bot (Joomla 1.5.4) :eek:

omanzi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by omanzi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Check if you have DOCLink plugin installed then disable it.

omanzi
Kigali
Rwanda

colowebstud64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDispla

Post by colowebstud64 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi! My name is John and I've been working with Joomla for 6 months. I have never came across the ERROR:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /hermes/web07b/b2128/moo.ordwaybuildingsupply/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 268.

Now What I did is build my website from a template (mx_joomla46) It works great! But the problem is trying to edit it and that ERROR is what I get. I have already done one great Joomla site, no problems.

This is what I used in the site:
Joomla 1.5.22
mx_Joomla 46 template
Contact Enhanced Componemt
JCE Editor 1.5.7.6

The hosting Technician (at FatCow) told me that my error was due to incorrect database credentials provided in the Joomla configuration file. I don't want to mess with it until I get your opinion.

It would ber greatly appreciated. If you need to get into my C Panel to take a look let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance!
John

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:41 pm

This error is usually caused by an extension or plugin that is set to display a button in your editor window but is not working correctly. I see you are using an older version of JCE, try un-installing it and install the latest version.

colowebstud64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: can't edit any articles ... Still

Post by colowebstud64 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:05 am

Hi! I did what you said.. I uninstalled the older version of JCE and replaced it with the newer version which is Version: 1.5.7.10. Downloaded the package, component and plugin using the install option inside the Joomla C Panel.. Still getting the same message.

Still stuck here.. Would appreciate your thoughts.
John

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:26 am

Try disabling your extension
Contact Enhanced Component
Maybe it adds a button to the editor, if you have any other extensions you have added try disabling them one at a time and test the editor to see if you find one that is the cause.

If that fails try uploading a copy of the plugins folder from a full file set of Joomla 1.5.22, you could also try uploading the media folder.

Make sure your FTP program is set to Auto mode and overwrite existing files. If you use FileZilla check the Failed Transfers tab, bottom left, and re-queue any files there till they upload.

colowebstud64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: can't edit any articles ... Still

Post by colowebstud64 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:38 am

Hey Virtuoso,
I did exactly what you said. But I use FireFox FTP and I put them in the adminstrator folder under the file name Plugins and Media.. Still nothing happened.. I am getting very frustrated (LOL). I used the Contact Enhanced for my feedback and contact form and RSMonials for the testimonial section of the site and both those pages come back as 404 - Component not found - Yet they are installed inside the site.

Any other suggestions?? Let me know if you want access to my Joomla C Panel and/or webhosting panel at Fat Cow... I will be keeping this Forum information once we get it working for future reference.

I look forward to hearing back from you. I don't mean to bother ya, still learning lots here!

John

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 am

I put them in the adminstrator folder under the file name Plugins and Media
No I meant for you to upload the Joomla "plugins" and "media" folders to the root of your site, overwriting the plugins and media folder already there.
I used the Contact Enhanced for my feedback and contact form and RSMonials for the testimonial section of the site and both those pages come back as 404 - Component not found - Yet they are installed inside the site.
This could be related to your problem, did you try disabling these and test if your editor problem gets fixed?

colowebstud64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by colowebstud64 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:02 am

Ok.. I did what you said. The first time I opened the Administrator folder directly under the root and put the "plugin" and "media" folders where I saw them. My bad. I re-fetched them to the ROOT directly to the folder names, BUT it still came back with the same message.. Then I got to thinking, Remove the Contact Enhanced component and re-install in via my joomla control panel. It now works!!! Despite I having to re-do the contact page and feedback, but I did a print screen and saved it to a MS word file to help me speed up getting it back up. (Might have to do the same with the RS Testimonials component too).

Thanks for your help Virtuoso! Much Appreciated!

John

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:14 am

Glad you figured it out. One note of caution, if you edit text in Word do not copy and paste it directly into your editor, it will contain hidden code that may cause the article page not to load in IE. With TinyMCE and I think JCE there is a button you can click to "Paste From Word" that should clean up the code, with TinyMCE you need to have it's plugin parameter set to Extended/Enhanced.

colowebstud64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by colowebstud64 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Ok.. Will heed your warnings there on the copy and paste situation. -- Thanks again!
John

charleyhankins
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by charleyhankins » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:19 pm

I had the same issue. I just opened up my plugins and disabled the last dozen or so that I had installed. Everything came up fine. Now, to sort out which little booger caused the problem.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”