why my site is blank page after moving to other server?

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
beskucnik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

why my site is blank page after moving to other server?

Post by beskucnik » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:17 am

Hi, I had 1.0.15 Joomla installation and content disappeared. I don't know why... I have also the same content just Joomla 1.5.23 in other server (I made migration, like online backup), and even there disappeared one text in content. Then I decided to move website from one server to other, because 1.5.23 is newer and better for security reasons, and when I moved 1.5.23, I got blank page. I connected database, admin login panel is visible, I can login, but many things don't function in admin panel and as I said, live website is just blank page, there is no content or design or anything.
where is the problem? why in one server everything is visible in Joomla 1.5.23 and only one text disappeared and in other server it is blank page?
server did me a favour, they moved my site from their server with php 5.3 to server with php 5.2 but again my website is a blank page.
MySQL version: 5.1.49-3 through PHP extension MySQLi
just to add that server where migration is visible (mentioned online backup) has PHP Version 5.3.3-7. so, if server where I moved 1.5.23 has the same 5.3.x php then everythign should work, but it is not so.

Prowebdesign
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: why my site is blank page after moving to other server?

Post by Prowebdesign » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:44 am

Have you updated your permalinks?
Best regards,
Streamline
Web design blog and tutorials http://www.majas-lapu-izstrade.lv
http://www.uniqcube.com

beskucnik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by beskucnik » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 am

How to check it and how to do it?
my global configuration settings:
Search Engine Friendly URLs: NO.
Use Apache mod_rewrite: NO.
Add suffix to URLs: NO.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Check if you moved over a .htaccess file from the old server, if so try renaming it to htaccess.old and see if that helps. Also check if you moved over a php.ini file from the old server, that may have settings that do not work on the new server.

The other possibility is that you are missing files or files were corrupted during the move. You could try FTP'ing the files again and Importing the database again.

A better idea may be to use the Akeeba Backup extension to create a full backup of your old site and then use the backup file to clone your site to the new server. Search this forum for Akeeba for more info.

beskucnik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by beskucnik » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:29 pm

php.ini is at server, I can't change anything about it, htaccess is the okay, so, I decided to wait that server upgrade to some new php version, in some future, in the meantime, I will try new installation of Joomla 1.6.4 and I will spend 2-3 months importing all content, day by day, upgrade tools are not good, I tried one time to upgrade from 1.5.23 to 1.6 and 2 weeks all was good until suddenly right frame/modules moved down to footer and I could not bring it back in the right place. so, step by step, 3 months and all content will be finished...

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:58 pm

In Global Configuration, set Error Reporting to Maximum.

That will show any php errors.

Are you running J1.0.15? I don't think it will run on php 5.3.

Spell
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Spell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 pm

I ran into a similar problem. Four year old site (Joomla 1.5.1) moved to a new hosting account running PHP 5.3. Front end was showing up as a completely blank page, but I could log into the back end okay. Problem was resolved by updating Joomla to current version (Joomla 1.5.26).

First back up your site. Then download the updates for Joomla 1.5 to get it to the most recent version. It is the one that shows as 1.5.0 - 1.5.26. You simply do this via FTP. First open the zip file you download from Joomla.org. Then FTP everything inside the zipped file to the new account and click on "Replace All."

After I did that, everything worked like it was supposed to. Good luck.

defeedme
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by defeedme » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Hey Spell,
same thing happened to me but had blank screen wsod on both front and back end - was already in the process of doing exactly what you said when I came across your post - worked like a charm, even fixed my sorting problem.. thanks!

jjspelman
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by jjspelman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:57 am

defeedme wrote:Hey Spell,
same thing happened to me but had blank screen wsod on both front and back end - was already in the process of doing exactly what you said when I came across your post - worked like a charm, even fixed my sorting problem.. thanks!
I had the same thing happen to. I cannot access either front or back end - just blank pages - no source code either.

However, I do not want to copy over the new patch files because it will erase the components I installed won't it?

In other words, if I drag the 1.5.26 patch "components" folder into the old directory, it will overwrite the old components directory, including the contents. Unless I open each new folder and try to copy the contents instead of the folders?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 am

Uploading the patch package will not erase any content or installed extensions.

Spell
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Spell » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Yes Per Yngve Berg is correct. The Joomla update will only replace the files that are older duplicates. It will not touch other files for your components that are already there. In other words, the update only replaces the Joomla core files and doesn't do anything with extensions, components or plugins that you have added yourself to your own website.

As a note, on the subject of updating Joomla 1.5 websites, when or if you update your PHP to version 5.3, you may find that your main menu disappears. This is easy to fix. Go to the following folder modules->mod_mainmenu. Open the file "helper.php" and change the following line:

function buildXML(&$params)

to

function buildXML($params)

The menu will re-appear.

jjspelman
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by jjspelman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm

thanks guys, i'll give it a try this evening

rishabh58
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rishabh58 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:47 am

Ok here is solution for this problem.

Set all paths correct
Path to Log Folder *: /home/user/public_html/log
Path to Temp Folder: /home/user/public_html/tmp

If your site is contained in any folder then it has to be added after public_html
Path to Log Folder *: /home/user/public_html/foldername/log
Path to Temp Folder: /home/user/public_html/foldername/tmp

Make sure you have check the DB connection settings

server: localhost
DB user: username
DB name: DB name
Database Tables Prefix: prefix_

After all these settings, make sure you clear the cache.
To clear a cache go to joomla admin panel > System > Clear Cache.

Now check your site it will be working I guess so. No blank page will come now, Good Luck.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”