Uplocading localhost Joomla Site to GoDaddy

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
passionatelypr
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Uplocading localhost Joomla Site to GoDaddy

Post by passionatelypr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 am

Worked on this for 3 days. Through much trial and error this is the full directions. If you have any questions feel free to email me at [*** Mod Note: Removed URL ***].

UPLOADING LOCAL SERVER TO GODADDY

1. Download Godaddy Joomla database in GoDaddy applications to your host site.
2. FTP all Joomla localhost files from localhost folder to godaddy domain
Copy Files and Directories of Your Local Joomla Directory to the Remote Host
You have two methods:
1.Upload all files by FTP or
2.Upload only a compressed file by FTP

Copy the Contents of Your Local MySQL Database to the Host MySQL Database
In Joomla!, all the contents of the site (articles, menus, users, and so on) are stored in the MySql database. You need to copy this information to the host database. This is done by creating an export file on your local system and then importing this file into your host MySQL database, as follows:
1.Open phpMyAdmin on your local system by navigating to it's URL with your browser. On your local system, this URL will normally be "//localhost/phpmyadmin". Note: If you have a password on your database, you will be prompted for it.

2.The phpMyAdmin screen will display. Select the Export link.

3.Select the database you want to export in the upper right-hand list. In the example below, the database "joomla15" is selected. Keep all of the default options, including "SQL" as the export type.

4. Check the "Save as file" box at the bottom of the screen, and enter the name of the export file, as shown below. .
Deselect all Structure Options.

5.Check the "Save as file" box at the bottom of the screen, and enter the name of the export file, as shown below. .

6.Press the "Go" button in the lower right corner. An Open / Save / Cancel dialog will display. Press Save and select a folder to save the file in. The export will complete and the file will be saved in the chosen location.

7.Open up the phpMyAdmin on the GoDaddy host server.
To Import a SQL File Into a MySQL Database on GoDaddy
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. From the Products section, click Web Hosting.
3. Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
4. From the Databases section, click MySQL.
5. Click Manage via phpMyAdmin.
6. Enter your user name and password for your database.
7. Click the database into which you are importing data.
8. On the far upper-left corner of the page, click the SQL button. This will be immediately to the right of the green Exit button.
9. Click the Import files tab in the new window that appears.
10. Click Browse, and then locate the SQL file you want to import.
11. Click Go.
This will run the SQL file and update the database as specified in that file.
NOTE: The phpMyAdmin interface is limited to importing 2MB of data at one time. If you need to import more than 2MB, we recommend breaking up the file into 2MB pieces.
NOTE: It is unnecessary to include a CREATE DATABASE line in your MySQL database, and if present can even cause your import to fail. If your database includes this line, remove it before uploading the database to your hosting account.
8. Go to your domain and enjoy your site.
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed the Email id mentioned in the post. Also, changed the case of the Subject that was in ALL UPPERCASE to Mixed Case. Please do not repeat this in the future.

Expertise7
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: UPLOADING LOCALHOST JOOMLA SITE TO GODADDY

Post by Expertise7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 am

Thank you. Thank you for you time. I would love to donate for that, but I dont see any "Button' saying "donate here" :) . Let keep that for next time. (just kidding). Thank again.
I think Godaddy should copy this full tutorial for their own FAQ to help joomla CMS local developers.

ramonhm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ramonhm » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi passionatelypr.

I´m traying tu upload a joomla site to from my localhost (wamp) to Godaddy but is a real headache with no solution.
My local site:
Joomla version: 2.5.14
Apache Version : 2.2.22
PHP Version : 5.3.13
MySQL Version: 5.5.24

Hi think I understood all your instructions (zip the hold site and upload to Godaddyall and export mysql from local to remote host too ) but the first step is not really clear:

1. "Download Godaddy Joomla database in GoDaddy applications to your host site".

I´ll really apreciate your help.

ramonhm

ldevlin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ldevlin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:34 am

After a great deal of struggle in following these directions and others, I found that a key step is missing in virtually all of them, i.e., after installing Joomla on the Godaddy server in your site's root folder, you need to preserve the htaccess.txt file that is produced and then, after migrating your localhost files, overwrite the .htaccess file with the htaccess.txt file by saving as .htaccess.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”