Migrate Mambo 4.6.5 to Joomla 2.5.4

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
frankman71
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Upgrade 1.0.10 to the current version

Post by frankman71 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Hello Experts,

I´m new here, so first I want to say hello: Hello!

I want to upgrade a joomla from version 1.0.10 to the current version 2.5. I searched in this forum and in the internet but I don´t find any helpful article. I just found thinks like: how to upgrade from 1.0.10 to 1.0.15 with the step 1.0.13 between.

OK, I will do this before I can continue to upgrade to the current version, but where can I get the upgrade kits for that old versions?

Or I found an article here in forum about an upgrade from 1.0.x to 1.5. I the article I read that it´s not really easy to do this but I don´t find how to do this ...

So here my qustion:

- Somebody knows a Site where I can find an explanation how to upgrade from an very old version to the current version?

- Or somebody know where I can get the old upgrade kits to upgrade step by step?

Many thanks for any help!!

Frank

IkariGendo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Migrating from Mambo 4.5.1a to Joomla 2.5 (yikes!)

Post by IkariGendo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Disclaimer: it's not a commercial page, more of a hobby site and it's hosted free of charge by a nice person. I also have pretty basic html knowledge and not much else.

First of all, I sort of "inherited" the site, so not much I can do about it, the webpage is still stuck on ye olde mambo 4.5.1a, with server php upgrades, mambo has stopped playing nice.

I have a separate installation of joomla 2.5, another person will help me with the data migration. At a glance, joomla 2.5 doesn't look all that different from mambo, but I guess stuff changed under the hood. Fortunately I do not have a lot of plugins, modules and other complicated bits, main upgrade will be the simpleboard forum to kunena which was mainly used for commenting.

As far as I can tell the template system changed as well, so I'll need to work on that as well... can anyone point me to some helpful articles or point out what I can automate and what I'll have to sort out manually for example, the menu structure?

I can paste the url, what plugins, modules I use, see if I can find what needs to be worked on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Migrating from Mambo 4.5.1a to Joomla 2.5 (yikes!)

Post by abernyte » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm

If I remember correctly that far back, for Mambo version below 4.5.2 this article might still apply http://help.joomla.org/content/view/818/181/ as the J1.0 to J1.5 migration compnent won't work.
You are going to have to jump in 2 stages. Mambo > J1.5.26 > J2.5.4.
The last jump should be easier with migrator options available now. Check the JED http://extensions.joomla.org/search?q=migration Templates will be an issue so try to use the stock template during the migrations.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

cappsie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Migrate Mambo 4.6.5 to Joomla 2.5.4

Post by cappsie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi All,

I'm still a bit stuck with regard to migrating Migrate Mambo 4.6.5 to Joomla 2.5.4.

Ideally I need a simply migration guide. I did already post here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=701342

But I didn't receive a definitive response AND Joomla is now on 2.5.4 and not 2.5.2.

Can someone please help me :(

Thanks,
Adam

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Upgrade 1.0.10 to the current version

Post by humvee » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:40 pm

[Mod Note: Duplicate topics merged as the actions are particularly relevant to all parties]

cappsie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Migrate Mambo 4.6.5 to Joomla 2.5.4

Post by cappsie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Hiya,

Thanks for merging. Do you have some advice for me? :)

Thanks
Adam

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”