Admin Menu Disabled when mootools upgrade plugin enabled

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
trenthhh
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Admin Menu Disabled when mootools upgrade plugin enabled

Post by trenthhh » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 am

I am trying to upgrade a Joomla 1.5.25 site to 2.5 using Jupgrade but mootools must be enabled to use jupgrade. When I do so my admin menu becomes disabled.
I have tried uploading fresh administrator and media folder recommended by another post but that has not worked. I have upgrade several other sites but never had this issue before. What am I doing wrong???

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Admin Menu Disabled when mootools upgrade plugin enabled

Post by dpacadmin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:29 am

Try setting Error reporting to maximum in the Global Configuration settings then enable mootools and see if you get a php error message that may help. Are you using the default admin template, if not try switching to the default template then test. Check if you have Legacy mode enabled, if so try disabling it and test.
http://docs.joomla.org/What_is_%22legacy_mode%22%3F

trenthhh
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by trenthhh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks! When I set the error reporting to maximum it displayed an error for a plugin that I am no longer using but was enabled. Disabled that, enabled mootools upgrade and my menu works...and so does jupgrade.
Thanks again! I knew it must have been something simple.

HM0W
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by HM0W » Wed May 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I want to update to 2.5 from 1.5 but when I enable mootools everything breaks. (Specifically, the entire site goes out including admin. tools, and I get a message reading, "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in .../plugins/system/mtupgrade/behavior.php on line 52".)

However, none of the prior suggestions worked for me. Is there anyone who might know what can be done?

HM0W
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by HM0W » Thu May 16, 2013 12:02 am

Problem solved--my host was running PHP4 not PHP5. Thanks, Lunarpages :P

echaa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by echaa » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Erm ... mine seems to be something different. I ran the procedure above and the php error message is:

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_KEY in /home4/truport1/public_html/plugins/system/jupgrade/authorizer.php on line 39

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home4/truport1/public_html/plugins/system/jupgrade/authorizer.php on line 89

What can I do in this case?

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:31 pm

You seem to have an issue with your jupgrade plugin. Try installing it again or see if anyone has had that error message on the jupgrade forum.

jgyan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jgyan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:19 am

I set Error reporting to maximum but i get no error message and I cannot get to where to the plugins are to make any changes there.

jgyan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jgyan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:48 pm

thanx very much. i typed in the link to the plugins page and disabled mootools. My admin page is back to live!!!

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”