Creating new webdesign importing db

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
eduardoma
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Creating new webdesign importing db

Post by eduardoma » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Hello, I have many people saved in an access db and I want to export then to Joomla 1.5. I recreated the webdesign of my website but I could not upgrade joomla cause it's used in more than 200 websites so I cannot update it. I just updated the design but now I need to bring users saved in my access db to joomla mysql. I payed a plugin $ 15 that promised to solve this problem but I am having the following error and plugin owner does not help me!

The ".next" record is not available in the ODBC at http://www.site por 500.com.br using root@_____ (I blanked my password to avoid problems).
Last edited by eduardoma on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

johans
I've been banned!

Re: Creating new webdesign importing db

Post by johans » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:00 am

Hi,

Can you explain in detail on what is your plan? do you need to upgrade your site to Joomla 2.5?

eduardoma
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by eduardoma » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 am

@johans thank you for helping me. I do not need to upgrade to 2.5 (actually my client does not allow me). I need to import a database of users in access to joomla database! The plugin I payed is terrible! Thank you.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:54 pm

What I would do is first create a couple of test user on the site with the data items you need, then use the Userport extension to Export those users to a csv file. Open the file and see how the data is formatted, then format your Access file the same and save it as a csv file. Now use Userport to Import your users with the Access csv file. You need Userport 2.2 for Joomla 1.5, should be available on the Developer's site.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”