Is there way to easy migrate CSS to joomla style classes CSS

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dorsa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Is there way to easy migrate CSS to joomla style classes CSS

Post by dorsa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm trying to integrate a CSS file that my designer gave me into a new template in Joomla 1.5. But the HTML content generate by joomla is different than the original CSS that the designer thought. Yes, it uses divs and classes and ids but I'm not sure what the best approach to migrate and implement this is.

Is there any way to tell Joomla to generate tables, divs or <p> spans, instead of the default layout? Or to specify some additional classes?

I've seen that the templates that come with the default installation of Joomla have slightly different layouts, but the same classes, one using tables one using divs.

When I create my new template it generates by default tables in the

Code: Select all

<jdoc:include type="component" />
My main concern is this part. The rest I can even let be NON dynamic, but hardcoded, I tried to make the menu dynamic. When including a module I've seen you can specify a style, but it doesn't really include it:

Code: Select all

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="right" style="MyClassName" headerLevel="3" />
And I don't know what the headerLevel var is for.

A hint anyone?

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”