Old Emails and /administrator

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Skopt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Old Emails and /administrator

Post by Skopt » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Hello.

I have 2 major problems :-S

1. I have moved the website from my previous provider. I uploaded the FTP and the Database fiddle a bit in configuration.php to make it work and .htacces but finally got it working all except the /administrator , basically i can not log in the back end so i can upgrade from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5 or do any changes to website.

2 And second i have lost the emails , my previous email was office@mydoimain.com , i haven't created a new office address yet but i need to get in my mails . I have a few important emails with orders and such that i need to access ASAP. Is there any way in database or in ftp through code i can get a hold of them.

Can anyone please help?
Best Regards,
Axel

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Old Emails and /administrator

Post by toivo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:05 pm

got it working all except the /administrator , basically i can not log in the back end
These instructions could help: http://docs.joomla.org/How_you_reset_an ... assword%3F
And second i have lost the emails , my previous email was office@mydoimain.com
You need to raise this issue with your hosting company or email service provider(s).
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Skopt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Skopt » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 am

Thank you for replay. I think i made a mistake in expressing the problem i have.

Its not that i do not have the password. I do . But when i type www.mydomain.com/administrator , it redirects me to my home page. It does not connect to back-end login page.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:23 am

Have you cleared the cookies in your browser?

Does the administrator folder look normal, when you compare it to the contents of the administrator folder in the installation zip file? Did you have an .htaccess file in the administrator folder, too?

Skopt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Skopt » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 am

I moved the website to another provider. Had some problems with the old one, he gave me the backup to my website and i uploaded it with database and all to another provider.

i have .htaccess

I'm sorry for low grade answers on the technical part. i`m still new at this

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:56 am

I'm sorry for low grade answers on the technical part. i`m still new at this
No problems :)
i have .htaccess
Does the .htaccess file in the administrator folder have one or more command lines which start with the following strings of text:

Code: Select all

RewriteCond 
RewriteRule

Skopt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Skopt » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:09 am

Well this is strange. I logged in both ftp and file manager in cpanel and i can not see the .htacces i know its there since i put it there so the website would run after i uploaded the database and files in ftp.

Currious is that on Search in File Manager it finds a .htacces in /public_html but i can not see it :-S

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:22 am

The standard Joomla .htaccess file needs to be in /public_html but if you have some special requirements, it can also be used in the administrator folder. It is possible to limit the access to the administrator folder by using an .htaccess file to specify the subnets or fixed IP addresses from where connection is allowed.

Skopt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Skopt » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 am

In that case i need to have .htaccess on my PC write it then upload and rewrite the on that is on the website.

and the million dolor question. Is there a standard .htaccess i can upload ?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:53 am

The standard .htaccess file is in the installation zip file. After the normal Joomla installation you are expected to rename it from htaccess.txt to .htaccess.

A word of warning: you need to know what you are doing. Make sure you compare the version stored in the main folder of your site to the standard version to see if some special functions, essential to your site, are included.

If you have a copy of your site available, you could install it for testing on a localhost site, simply on your workstation, after installing a server bundle, for example Wampserver from http://www.wampserver.com/en

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”