Joomla Fresh Reinstall Problems

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mbpcba
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla Fresh Reinstall Problems

Post by mbpcba » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 am

Hey Guys,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out. I've been asked to look at a Joomla site for a colleague. It's on v1.5.14. The site was somehow corrupted and there was no backup taken. I've migrated what I can to v3.2 (on another host) using SP Upgrade and all the content seems to have come over fine. We are looking for someone to redo the template as it's only compatible with V1.5 but that's for later on.

The problem I have is that I've put a fresh install in a sub folder, it's accessing the original DB and there have been no connection errors, however, there is nothing showing in the backend or frontend other that the standard menus. None of the articles, categories etc are showing yet if we go into phpmyadmin I can see everythin is there.

I've scoured the web to no avail. Can anybody shed some light on why the site won't populate ?

Any info would be appreciated.

Just to mention that issues only arose with the site about 2 weeks ago. I have a feeling that the host upgraded their PHP version and their is no way to step it back.

mbpcba
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla Fresh Reinstall Problems

Post by mbpcba » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Just looking at the database in phpmyadmin. J25_ has all the info but Jos_ is empty. Anyone ?

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Joomla Fresh Reinstall Problems

Post by dpacadmin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:31 am

The j25_ tables sound like a Joomla 2.5 migration but the old tables should still be populated. I have seen where the table list on the left side in phpMyAdmin was incomplete but if you view the database's tables in the view on the right they are all listed even if you need to click through several pages of tables.

It could be the old site was using a different table prefix then "jos_", maybe they changed the prefix and moved all the data into a new set of tables with a different prefix you just need to look deeper into the database's tables. It could also be that someone truncated all the old jos_ tables thinking they were no longer needed. If your site was using a backup extension, like Akeeba Backup, any backup made would contain a copy of the database.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”