Migrated to 1.5.26 - blank edit article screen

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
diakop
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Migrated to 1.5.26 - blank edit article screen

Post by diakop » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Hello there,

The Joomla version we use has been updated to 1.5.26. and for a lot of articles,
the content is still shown on the site, but at the backend I can clikc on the edit
button, but i see a white screen instead of text.

For some articles the content IS shown. And when i make a new article, the article
title and meta data is saved, but any text i entered returns to me as "undefined".

I tried re installing the JCE plugin, also disabling all plugins, switching to another
theme... any advise on next steps i can take would be welcome!

diakop
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Migrated to 1.5.26 - blank edit article screen

Post by diakop » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:22 am

Thanks for NOTHING! ;-) we did it ourselves.

It had to do with character encoding.

We started comparing articles that worked with the ones that didnt work. Found out that special characters were not shown, would disable the system.

Apparaently something went wrong with either DB or Joomla migration and we fixed it in the DB with:

UPDATE jos_content SET title = convert(cast(convert title using utf8) as binary) using latin1);

UPDATE jos_content SET introtext = convert(cast(convert(introtext using utf8) as binary) using latin1);

UPDATE jos_content SET `fulltext` = convert(cast(convert(`fulltext` using utf8) as binary) using latin1);

We might need to do this for some other text fields later on, but for now this works....

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”