Moving My joomla 1.5 website

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 1.5?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
SDeveloper
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Moving My joomla 1.5 website

Postby SDeveloper » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:42 am

Hi All,
I have a website build before 4 years ago by joomla 1.5 on Godaddy old version of hosting, in yesterday I'm reserved a new modern hosting with blue host , and make backup for my website by using Akeeba extension, Also I made a compress for all website file with DB and download in my PC.

The issue is :-
When I'm trying to install the website in my new host , all the process of installation is finish completely but when I go to run the website this error appear to me ..

((Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function utf8_encode() in /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php:647 Stack trace: #0 /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php(251): JFilterInput->_decode('8f4m5702m1k1dj4...') #1 /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/environment/request.php(632): JFilterInput->clean('8f4m5702m1k1dj4...', 'NONE') #2 /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/environment/request.php(150): JRequest::_cleanVar('8f4m5702m1k1dj4...', 0, 'NONE') #3 /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(521): JRequest::getVar('27d3f5fd093a6e1...', false, 'COOKIE') #4 /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(114): JSession->_start() #5 /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php(151): JSession->__construct('database', Array) #6 /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/factory.php(661): JSession::getInstance('database', Array) #7 /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/factory.php(152): in /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 647)).

But when I change the php version from 7.1 to 5.4 this error message change to

((Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_encode() in /home2/sardarau/public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 647)) .

Please I need help ASAP .. anybody have an idea ??

Thanks,

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Moving My joomla 1.5 website

Postby Per Yngve Berg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:21 pm

1) Make sure you are running Joomla 1.5.26

2) It should run on php 5.4 or php 5.6. There may be a missing php module for the utf8-encoding.

3) Please use the FPA to provide information about your server.
https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860

SDeveloper
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby SDeveloper » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks dear for your fast reply
you can check this information in attached file hope to help me

Thanks a lot,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby Per Yngve Berg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:38 pm

It's not readable. Follow the directions and paste it into the forum.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby AMurray » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:17 am

Addition to Per's comment:
I can open the screenshots, but there is minimal information there. Joomla is not installed, or the fpa-en.php was not run from the same directory Joomla was installed.

As per the link here, viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860, it contains comprehensive instructions on running the report, and posting the results to this forum. The output is formatted in BBCode for the forum.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”