jtablesession::Store Failed, DB function failed error 1062

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Pope Pius X2
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: jtablesession::Store Failed, DB function failed error 1062

Post by Pope Pius X2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 am

I received a similar error a few days ago and after searching I found this topic.
jtablesession::store failed
DB function failed with error number 145

Table './j153/jos_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( 'skbfp6ff3e3r3tmjrb37i56qb3','1233913218','','0','1','1' )
Database Version: 5.0.58-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.6
Web Server: Apache/2.2.8 (EL)
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.9 Production/Stable [ Vatani ] 9-January-2009 23:00 GMT
I'm no expert on these things but it seems that someone is trying to gain unauthorised access to my site.

innuit12
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by innuit12 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:50 pm

cespinoza wrote:When I had this problem, I reported it to my hosting provider and they told me that it was an error in their global mysql service and they had to fix it. Else I had to repair the jos_session table from MyPhPAdmin:

1) Enter your Hosting Cpanel
2) Select PhpMyAdmin
3) Select your data base
4) Check the table jos_session
5) At the bottom search for a drop list and select the option: repair the table

That worked for me.
Thanks! Your fix worked perfectly. :D

My site went down with this error this morning.

dejansoftware
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by dejansoftware » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:28 am

Hi guys,

I have totally updated joomla 1.5.9. and this morning I have got the same error:

Code: Select all

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 145
Table '.xxx/jos_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( '20e67055be71afa6e05f7d324c1c0a4e','1235028339','','0','1','0' )
Try to repair the table but does not work for me.

Is this big security issue for all Joomla versions or what?

I have backup older then one month, don't tell me it is my fault.

What can I do?
Joomla team, please help

cespinoza
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cespinoza » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:00 pm

If you rent a hosting report the error to your provider. If they can't fix it so ask them for restoring the day before data base (hosting daily backup service) or the last sunday backup (hosting weekly backup service).

Don't forget to make always a daily backup of your data base or install a non-commercial plugin to do that for you automatically.

Tell me if that worked for you!

dejansoftware
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by dejansoftware » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:23 pm

here is the solution.

just copy this table from previous backup, open phpmyadmin, open database that you have to fix and open SQL, paste this code and run the script, it is all going to be fixed.

The problem can be solved within 2 minutes but still I don't know how is someone put down joomla 1.5.9.

If anyone know more information on how prevent this in future, please update this topic.

sscooby
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sscooby » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:05 am

The same thing happened in joomla 1.5.9 site was crashed session table corrupted i repaired it, How we can prevent this ... this is really a bad thing to happen ... i have changed the session handler from database to none in global configuration , will it solve the problem ?

dejansoftware
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by dejansoftware » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 pm

IT happened to me again, Joomla 1.5.9.
We can try set session lifetime a bit longer maybe 30 min and Session Handler to None.

If someone have some update about this, please let us know.

sscooby
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sscooby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:37 pm

after going into more depth of this issue i think its MYSQL issue , it is not configured properly i am not sure what configuration we need to change but i feel it is mysql not configured or optimized ... i have also contacted hosting providers they said that i was using too much memory and they have fixed it now i hope it will not happen again ...

baladic
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by baladic » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi!

I have the same problem. I made repair but the problem it remains. Deleted and recreating the table but the same problem. I inserted the values that displayed, with INSERT INTO command and and it worked!

mmazb3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mmazb3 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:34 pm

This thing happened to me today for the first time. Also running 1.5.9
I am also convinced that it's not a Joomla problem, because at this point I cannot access my CPanel. Hosting Provider's website just won't load. I have several other joomla installations, they are fine, but won't load too. The one that crushed, has SEF enabled, others don't.

bayjournal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bayjournal » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:24 pm

For the record my version 1.5.9 returned
jtablesession::store failed
DB function failed with error number 1016
Can't open file: 'jos_session.MYI' (errno: 145) SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( '651f6d2e67125ec8f91a968389c88a9c','1238364874','','0','1','1' )
this morning.

Panic. A quick search with Google led me to this page (thanks everyone who logged this problem and passed on the temporary fix). I could not do a normal REPAIR as the jos_session table was completely missing. I picked up an old session table from a backup using SQLAdministrator and restored it to the site. That kickstarted my joomla site and all seems to be functioning well again.

But why did the table go missing? It could have been my ISP using the depths of a Sunday night to do some kind of maintenance but I doubt it. The fact that so many Joomla people from various sites seem to have hit this problem all at the same time points to something else.

A new version of the software, the 1.5.10 security release, came out yesterday and has 66 bug fixes. I see no mention of the jos_session table problem but I am hoping that it may have been attacked. After all, if you put "jtablesession" into the forum search 10 pages of threads appear of people having this issue. This thread alone goes back to midway through last year.

Meanwhile, I would encourage administrators to keep reporting. Perhaps the underlying cause will become apparent.
Lee.

markoshust
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markoshust » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:54 pm

i don't think the table is 'missing' -- it's not like it got dropped. perhaps it was not showing in your gui sql program due to the settings of the program. next time it is 'missing', try issuing a REPAIR jos_session -- it should repair.

bayjournal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bayjournal » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:34 am

markoshust wrote:i don't think the table is 'missing' -- it's not like it got dropped. perhaps it was not showing in your gui sql program due to the settings of the program. next time it is 'missing', try issuing a REPAIR jos_session -- it should repair.
Mark, thanks but I normally use the Windows Client GUI MySQLadminstrator and not the web based MyphpAdmin (to big to fit on my webspace) or commandline (not allowed by my ISP). Inside of MySQLadministator "joss_session" was not being listed in the table lists--there are no options that could have masked it--that is all I had to work with. Dropped or not, it could not see it in my listings. To be certain, I had run a medium level repair on the tables that could be seen. I didn't know it was possible to repair a table that did not show in the default listing so if I do have the suitable tools in the future I will try a repair this way.

To get the site back on line, I needed to act quickly so I did the traditional procedure and used my backup--and seeing that was just the session tables, I could see no harm in this solution.

The fact is that this problem has a long and painful history. A pattern of recurrence and quick fixes but never been attended to properly. All I was trying to do was to make the point.

markoshust
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markoshust » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:23 pm

you should be able to do mysql commands from any gui - a simple EXPLAIN jos_session or REPAIR jos_session would repair it and cause it to show up again.

sunrunner20
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunrunner20 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:27 pm

I keep getting this even after I have repaired the table. However, I seem to get it when I tell Firefox to restore the previous session. Could these to events be related? I don't know what goes on when Firefox "restores" a session but maybe its keeping session data and submitting it or when opening two new pages within a few milliseconds of each other is confusing the session creation function of Joomla.

Maybe somebody with more understanding of the inner workings of Joomla could look into it

PS: I'm getting it on the current version 1.5.10

markoshust
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markoshust » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:32 pm

try changing the spot in the configuration relating to session_handler and see if that fixes your error. i set it to `none` and i have yet to receive the error again (which similarly were only appearing on pages with quick ajax requests with a few calls a second). somehow it seems the session id isn't being properly passed when pages are loading too quickly.

sunrunner20
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunrunner20 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:48 pm

So either way you look at it this is a bug.

markoshust
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markoshust » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:13 pm

sure looks that way. i can't buy the fact this is a problem with mysql, when everything else is running superbly on the same server; even other sites that use php's built in session management.

sunrunner20
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunrunner20 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 pm

I just got this on the admin backend page, upon with there is no AJAX afaik. I haven't tried changing the session manager yet.
PS: Its not a problem with MySQL. if you look at the error, and understand the table its trying to produce two identical session_ID's which is the primary index on the mySQL table... which can't be done. So it'll spit an error every time.

masoesa
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by masoesa » Fri May 08, 2009 2:14 am

sunrunner20 wrote:I just got this on the admin backend page, upon with there is no AJAX afaik. I haven't tried changing the session manager yet.
PS: Its not a problem with MySQL. if you look at the error, and understand the table its trying to produce two identical session_ID's which is the primary index on the mySQL table... which can't be done. So it'll spit an error every time.
This I understand but why is it happening?

I fixed my problem with the instructions of flushing the jsession table but I am afraid the error might retrurn.

How do you change the session manager and why do you think that will help?
http://going-natural.com
The site where Natural Beauty Shines

markoshust
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markoshust » Wed May 13, 2009 3:10 pm

following up with this, i have not seen the error since I changed $session_handler to 'none' in the configuration. there must be a bug with the database/mysql session handler that is causing this error.

jcagney
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jcagney » Wed May 13, 2009 7:52 pm

You folks are so awesome......fixed it for me too.... :laugh:

emomoney
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by emomoney » Fri May 15, 2009 7:28 am

I think this should be looked into by the Joomla developers. I had this problem today as well. I first thought it was a problem with my host, hostgator, but it only affected my Joomla 1.5 databases. All of my other MySQL databases were fine. It did corrupt one table on a Joomla 1.0 installation I still have, but the site was still able to function. The following tables were affected by a MySQL upgrade:
Error : Incorrect key file for table 'bak_components'; try to repair it
error : Corrupt
Error : Incorrect key file for table 'bak_core_acl_aro'; try to repair it
Error : Incorrect key file for table 'bak_session'; try to repair it
Error : Incorrect key file for table 'jos_agora_search_cache'; try to repair it
Error : Incorrect key file for table 'jos_agora_users'; try to repair it
Error : Incorrect key file for table 'jos_components'; try to repair it
Error : Incorrect key file for table 'jos_core_acl_aro'; try to repair it
Error : Incorrect key file for table 'jos_session'; try to repair it

Repairing the databses via cpanel failed, but HG was able to repair the databses on their end.

robijn50
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by robijn50 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Is there already a solution for this problem? I had 1.5.10 and had no problem at all, after the update to 1.5.11 i get this error several times. And yes the problem is solved when i repair the database, but its a nasty problem.

markoshust
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markoshust » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:22 pm

set session_handler to none in the config file

0le0
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 0le0 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:59 pm

cespinoza wrote:When I had this problem, I reported it to my hosting provider and they told me that it was an error in their global mysql service and they had to fix it. Else I had to repair the jos_session table from MyPhPAdmin:

2) Select PhpMyAdmin
3) Select your data base

That worked for me.
I already did this and nothing happend.
What else can i do?
Please help

emomoney
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by emomoney » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 pm

0le0 wrote:

2) Select PhpMyAdmin
3) Select your data base

That worked for me.
I already did this and nothing happend.
What else can i do?
Please help
Contact your webhost to run a repair on your databases. That's what I had to do to resolve the issue. It seems like the repair from cpanel has limitations, but Host Gator was able to run a repair.

0le0
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 0le0 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:58 pm

emomoney wrote: Contact your webhost to run a repair on your databases. That's what I had to do to resolve the issue. It seems like the repair from cpanel has limitations, but Host Gator was able to run a repair.
I´ve my own server so i can do what is required.
So how can i repair my database?

markoshust
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markoshust » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:07 pm

here is the sql:

REPAIR databasename;

pardocorp
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast