administer user groups

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Philipcare
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

administer user groups

Post by Philipcare » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:35 am

We're JOOMLA! newbies and we'v installed 4 JOOMLA! on a single server. The first works as a Portal and the other 3 JOOMLA! function for Staff + Academics + Alumni. In this way we gave permissions to each JOOMLA! and the students are administering their own JOOMLA!
An issue of course is indexation as each JOOMLA! we installed was created with its own Database... so I guess a Search will not work over ALL 4 JOOMLA! sub-websites :'(

Post Scriptum: when will the next JOOMLA! 1.6 version become available as stable version?
:pop

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: administer user groups

Post by humvee » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:13 pm

Philipcare wrote:We're JOOMLA! newbies and we'v installed 4 JOOMLA! on a single server. The first works as a Portal and the other 3 JOOMLA! function for Staff + Academics + Alumni. In this way we gave permissions to each JOOMLA! and the students are administering their own JOOMLA!
An issue of course is indexation as each JOOMLA! we installed was created with its own Database... so I guess a Search will not work over ALL 4 JOOMLA! sub-websites :'(
You may be able to use the Google Custom Search to bridge the different sites and then possibly incorporate this into own Module or Plugin. The former check out Googles own Web site the latter check out http://dev.joomla.org and http://docs.joomla.org.
Post Scriptum: when will the next JOOMLA! 1.6 version become available as stable version?
:pop
I expect it will be on the same time line as the previous versions "When it is ready!"

hth

Andy

dam-man
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by dam-man » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Mod Note:
Please start a new topic for a new question regarding the Forum Rules.
Topic splitted into two topics.
Thank you in advance!
Robert Dam - Joomla Forum Moderator
Dutch Boards | Joomla Coding Boards | English Support Boards

Philipcare
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Philipcare » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:45 am

Thanks for the fast reply 8)
Meanwhile we've explored the web-possibilities of JOOMLA! and were positively surprised...
Looks like we'll use the current setup untill the JOOMLA! 1.6 becomes available :-\

jamin123
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jamin123 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:33 pm

i am facing the same problem... i am also working on a project where in, i have different department and each department should have a moderator that can edit whatever is in his department but has no right to enter and change the other area

twcmex
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by twcmex » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Seems I remember something in the extensions directory called "multi-sites" or something similar that offered some kind of control like this....might be worth a look
-Joe

Return to “Administration 1.5”