Login problems

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
DigitalNinja
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Login problems

Post by DigitalNinja » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:42 pm

I cannot login to /administrator, the page refreshes and nothing happens. When i use the wrong password on purpose to see what happens then, Joomla warns me that it's wrong. So i guess it reads the password ok from my form and from the database. But sth's wrong with the login script, i guess, and it just doesn't log me in...

So, now.. Could you tell me which are (preferably all) the files required to perform the login so i try to replace them with freshly downloaded ones, hoping that would help. I wouldn't like to lose all the other changes i did so far, if possible.

Thank you.

DigitalNinja
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Login problems

Post by DigitalNinja » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Updated: I've noticed something now when i tried to login again.

I submitted the login form and it said that my session has expired and i should login again! So, i guess it did log me in before and gave me the session variable (or didn't it??), but it still wouldn't show anything except the login form, even if i tried direct links to something else besides index....

What is the problem and how do i solve it?

hannahross
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hannahross » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:39 pm

i cant login to the administrator

semancik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by semancik » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:45 pm

It looks like we have the same problem. Probably you can try what' s posted here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 5#p1350345

Good luck and let us know, if you solve the problem or not.

David

DigitalNinja
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DigitalNinja » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:23 am

semancik wrote: Good luck and let us know, if you solve the problem or not.
Quit on Joomla. I dont wanna run into one of this kind of problems once my web goes public and then panic about what i should do. I think its much safer to write my own code (like i always did), including the cms. Free time is no issue....

Best of luck to all Joomla developers here. Digital Ninja out.

Return to “Administration 1.5”