Enable/Disable plugins without logging in (from FTP) ?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
oswaldonfire
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Enable/Disable plugins without logging in (from FTP) ?

Post by oswaldonfire » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:00 am

Hi all,

I am having major trouble with my site. I use jfusion to sync my Joomla! and phpbb3 installs, and recently it appears to have died.

Here's the problem:

When I try to log in to the backend, I get an error message that looks like this:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/homepages/39/d254752071/htdocs/practice/administrator/components/com_jfusion/models/model.factory.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /homepages/39/d254752071/htdocs/practice/plugins/authentication/jfusion.php on line 19

so, I cannot log in to the backend at all to change any settings.

I have tried replacing the plugin and component directories of jfusion with fresh files, but to no avail. Maybe some setting somewhere else is the problem?

I have tried looking through jfusion's forums, and I have found a few people who have also had this problem.. but none of their solutions worked for me. So, instead of messing around with jfusion, I figured that I could just disable it and enable the default Joomla! authentication plugin to get into the backend. I figure there must be some way to do this by FTP. I am thinking that there is a file somewhere stating all the published plugins, and I can modify this to modify what is published. (kind of like the config.php file) Am I correct in this assumption?

If so, can anybody tell me what/where this file is? How should I go about modifying it? Will this idea even work?

I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on this matter.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Marion

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Enable/Disable plugins without logging in (from FTP) ?

Post by imanickam » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:27 am

The information about installed plugins and their status are stored in the database. The table name is jos_plugins. This table have columns such as published - 1 means published and 0 means not published. You can access your database using phpMyAdmin and make appropriate changes. Make sure to take a backup of the database before making changes. At least you could export the contents for future use.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

oswaldonfire
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by oswaldonfire » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks a bunch imanickam, that worked perfectly for me. I was able to log in to the backend after I published the joomla! authentication plugin. A bunch of error messages flashed up about users and jfusion, but I was able to log in to fix them.

Thanks again,

Chris

i_prosperous
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by i_prosperous » Wed May 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Thanks imanickam

juan_fernandez
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by juan_fernandez » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:37 am

Hi!
I have a similar problem: I cannot access to my BackEnd and I believe that the reason is that I have disabled the joomla user plugin (or some similar plugin/module) when I was personalizing the user registration. I know that it is not a password issue.

The problem that I am facing now is that I access MyPhpAdmin, enter the database of the page, and I am not able to find the jos_plugins table to activate the plugin. Probably the table has a different name but I do not dare to touch anything.

I am now working with the Xampp server.
MySQL 5.5.27
Joomla 2.5.11

Thank you in advance for your help!

dukisvk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dukisvk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:34 pm

juan_fernandez wrote:Hi!
I have a similar problem: I cannot access to my BackEnd and I believe that the reason is that I have disabled the joomla user plugin (or some similar plugin/module) when I was personalizing the user registration. I know that it is not a password issue.

The problem that I am facing now is that I access MyPhpAdmin, enter the database of the page, and I am not able to find the jos_plugins table to activate the plugin. Probably the table has a different name but I do not dare to touch anything.

I am now working with the Xampp server.
MySQL 5.5.27
Joomla 2.5.11

Thank you in advance for your help!
Hi, if you want to go via MyPhpAdmin, the table you looking for is prefix_extensions.
Search for plg_authentication_joomla and set enabled = 1.

By Dusan

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

dukisvk@

That is wrong. The table is prefix_plugins. This is Joomla 1.5.

dukisvk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dukisvk » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:55 am

@Per Yngve Berg
i had this problem today and this is my joomla version number:

Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable [ Ember ] 2-April-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

and it works...

Ironside
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Ironside » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:45 pm

If you want to change a plug-in from disabled to enabled in the database, can you simply change the 0 to a 1 using the keyboard?
Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

http://www.tetraplegicliving.com
http://www.oscarfishlover.com

Ironside
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Ironside » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:00 pm

All okay now, I had disabled the Joomla!_user plug-in which is why we couldn't login
Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

http://www.tetraplegicliving.com
http://www.oscarfishlover.com

Return to “Administration 1.5”