New User Registration Issue: Sent Home After Input...?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
YBRTS
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

New User Registration Issue: Sent Home After Input...?

Post by YBRTS » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:32 am

Thanks in advance for help - have googled endlessly, been on this forum, been on related forums and can't find the answer to the problem below.

Joomla version: 1.5.17
Host is GoDaddy
PHP version 5.2.8
OS Windows XP
Firefox browser

PROBLEM
1. When a new user clicks "create an account" they're brought to the template Joomla form. (no problem there)

2. They fill out the form and click register (no problem there)

3. After filling out the form, I'm sent to the homepage. Nothing happens meanwhile related to the registration. There is no message, no user is created on the backend, and no email is sent. Therefore no new users can be created from the frontend.

ATTEMPTED
Enabling the login module, doublechecked that user registration was allowed, attempted logins with various users, searched forums, tried enabling cache under "Global Configuration."

RELATED INFORMATION
A similar post I made to Kunena, before I realized the problem is probably on the Joomla end:
http://www.kunena.com/forum/138-support ... ationlogin

Some posts I've found on this forum, but I'm not sure if they cover my issue and the problem they outline is definitely out of my comfort zone...so before pursuing I wanted to check to make sure that I have the right problem:
abc7.eu/web-cases-blog/4-godaddy-and-joomla-smtp-problems.html forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=286509

EXTENSIONS
The extensions I'm running are pretty vanilla...Kunena and JXtended, also JoomlaGATOR.

SEF URLs are turned on, so I've made the change to .htaccess

Thanks in advance for any help...this is frustrating me to no end and preventing me from a site launch.

Bjorg
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: New User Registration Issue: Sent Home After Input...?

Post by Bjorg » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Does another extension require that the default Joomla! login be disabled, and is perhaps in conflict?

Hope this helps!

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Are you using a default Joomla template or did you roll your own? If the latter, you need to include this statement in your template's index.php

Code: Select all

<jdoc:include type="message" />
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

Nodrogchavez
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Nodrogchavez » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:31 am

In your Global Configuration under the System tab do you have all three User Settings set to Yes? And, your Type to Registered? You should also click on the Server tab and ensure that your e-mail settings are correct.

Return to “Administration 1.5”