Joomla Admin Password Reset

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ansaripk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla Admin Password Reset

Post by ansaripk » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I was developed a website for my client using Joomla 1.5 few years back. Client is non-technical person. Now he asked me to make some changes. Unfortunately client has deleted the email contained administration credentials I sent him.

Now I am unable to login into admin panel and client doesn't want to give me phpmyadmin access. Is there any way to reset administration panel password?
Please give your expert advise.

Thank You.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla Admin Password Reset

Post by toivo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:33 pm

https://docs.joomla.org/J1.5:How_do_you ... assword%3F
You have obviously seen the above document.

Unfortunately you are stuck, if you do not have an archive of your old emails either. Maybe you can explain to your client that the alternative is to hire a hacker to break into the site. That might just get you the access...
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

ansaripk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ansaripk » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:47 pm

toivo wrote:https://docs.joomla.org/J1.5:How_do_you ... assword%3F
You have obviously seen the above document.

Unfortunately you are stuck, if you do not have an archive of your old emails either. Maybe you can explain to your client that the alternative is to hire a hacker to break into the site. That might just get you the access...
Thanks Toivo for your reply. It's really hard to break the security of a joomla website.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:27 pm

It's really hard to break the security of a joomla website.
That would be true, had your client kept the Joomla version and its third party extensions uptodate. Joomla 1.5 is old and many of its third party extensions have had vulnerabilities published in the past few years.

If your client does not want to give you access, the client cannot blame you if the site gets hacked. Who knows, maybe it already has.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Administration 1.5”