Joomla 1.5.26 content recovery

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
birimbao
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.5.26 content recovery

Post by birimbao » Sun May 01, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi everyone,

Yeap, I know that 1.5.26 is pretty old one... but there are some serious reasons, why it needs to stay like this, so let's not get into this.

The problem I got is error 500 shown each time I click the top menu item, which should lead me to my articles content.

This is the only thing that doesn't work (I don't know why)
I tried to recover my old website from the backup. But the bug is already there!

I tried to fix and optimise data base, cleared cashe and old files...
I logged in to backend... category and section exist, as well as all articles.

That's not host problem (other websites includin joomla 1.5.26 work just fine)
So I'm thinking this might be some core component problem.

Which files should I replace?
Or maybe there is some other idea?

Please help me out. I'm struggling with that for several days already, and I'm out of ideas...

Thanks in advance.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla 1.5.26 content recovery

Post by sozzled » Fri May 20, 2016 5:31 am

My guess is that your website has been hacked. I had similar problems about a year ago when I had a few old "legacy" J! 1.5 website—most of those old sites were just hobbies of mine or experimental sites. I had one J! 1.5 site that I wanted to keep (well, I wanted to salvage some of its contents) and it blew up because someone had hacked it. So I looked for the "obvious things" (files that had been modified fairly recently), but in the end I decided it wasn't worth the risk and I migrated the site to J! 3. Best decision of my Joomla "life".

So, while I respect your view that we shouldn't go into the reasons why you've got an old J! 1.5 site, it's entirely your decision whether you want to persevere to resurrect it from the grave or cut your losses and move over to J! 3.

Whichever course of action you choose, you're probably in for a week or two of work. Good luck, however. I wish there was some other way I could help you. Perhaps someone else has a better alternative suggestion.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

Return to “Administration 1.5”