disconnect domain name to www server

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
wd_datek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

disconnect domain name to www server

Post by wd_datek » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:50 pm

dear all,

It is a really urgent case for us.
we are running a very old version of website www. No doubt it is infected by malware and blocked by google and other database and what they blocked is mydomain, which means they blacklisted our whole domain and lead to other "good" web services such as abc also can't be accessed. we are finding some resources to eliminate the malware but at the same time I think if there is a way to terminate the connection between mydomain and www
right now, when access mydomain_com in browser, it will automatically link to www server. I deleted DNS record, but things still not change. I stopped the website and try to access mydomain_com, but the browser still try to access www server (looks like redirect but not sure). I am not sure how to stop it. The rationale is if it is stopped then typing mydomain_com won't access to www_mydomain_com, and then google won't block our whole domain.
Please shed some light. Thanks a lot!

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: disconnect domain name to www server

Post by itoctopus » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:05 pm

DNS changes will take time to propagate - an extreme case may take 48 hours. Additionally, browsers, such as FireFox will cache redirects.

Having said that, are you sure that the redirect is actually somewhere in the DNS? Perhaps the redirect is somewhere in the .htaccess file.

Note: I may have misunderstood your question. Please let me know if this is the case.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Remove *.domain.com

wd_datek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wd_datek » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:14 am

dear itoctopus, thank you didn't understand. I don't think it is .htaccess file related since I dig into the code but can't find anything related. Furthermore, when I cleaned my brower cache, when I stopped my site, it will still access www when I just typed domain name in browser. please note at the time I ping domain name but resolve nothing which means the ip resolve is already updated, isn't it? so no clue right now...

dear Per Yngve Berg, what do you mean "Remove *domaincom"? thanks for shed more light..

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:15 am

If you have a dns entry with a wildcard, you have to remove it as it wiĺl match anything.

Return to “Administration 1.5”