changing header

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jpcharters
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

changing header

Post by jpcharters » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:57 am

can someone please point me to where i can change the header on my site. someone went in to fix some issues and i noticed my top banner was changed to the original template solar sentinel banner. i know the file name i need to change but dont know where to find it. any help is appreciated.
http://johnspasscharters.com

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: changing header

Post by imanickam » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:38 am

Reviewed the site and it looks like the following two image files are missing.

(a) water.jpg located in the directory \templates\rt_solarsentinel_j15\images\background\grey

(b) webbanner.png located in the directory \templates\rt_solarsentinel_j15\images\header\blue

For future reference: Tools such as FireBug (https://docs.joomla.org/Using_Firebug_W ... la_Website) would be of help in these kinds of situations.

I would suggest looking in the parameters of the template.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

jpcharters
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jpcharters » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 am

i was able to upload another copy of the webbanner.png that was missing and the water image was there but now its not displaying correctly. any ideas why? I dont know what these guys did to change all this when all they were
only supposed to do was remove some malware.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:05 am

It looks like the css entries are missing.

You could change the following css entry in he file template.css located in the directory \templates\rt_solarsentinel_j15\css.

Code: Select all

/* This is the Main template logo, Edit this to match the width and height of your new logo image */
#logo {width: 280px;height: 65px;}
As the comment specifies, change the value of the attributes width and height to match your logo image size. Be known that your logo image size is 725px X 179px.

Note:
Make a copy of the file before editing it.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Administration 1.5”