Can I allow users to install new plugins in a somewhat secure way?

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dadane
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can I allow users to install new plugins in a somewhat secure way?

Post by dadane » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:43 pm

I would like to make a community site, - where everybody is administrator more or less.
I trust that they will not [censored] it up deliberately, - and of course I need a backup plan.
So it's not really an issue that they might 'destroy' the page.
Net-graffiti is not an issue either. I believe that if Wiki can work so can my community site.

BUT I need to protect peoples confidential information (I need to register phone numbers, e-mail adresses etc). Is it possible to do this in a secure way? The idea actually is that people should be allowed to see each others information but only through some filters that I set up (and which is basically the only thing which they can't change).

And yes, - I suspect that it will be messy and a new skin for every day for a while, - but also that it will cool down eventually and work out well. At least it's worth trying I think.

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”