Moving configuration.php

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dannyt3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Moving configuration.php

Post by dannyt3 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 am

I read this topic about moving the configuration.php file.

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg604266

What if I do not have a folder named public_html ?  The configuration.php file is in my Main Joomla Directory?  What is a safe folder to move it to, or how do I create a safe folder to move it to?

Seapaddler
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Moving configuration.php

Post by Seapaddler » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:09 am

public_html is just the standard name for the website root directory aka Document Root.  Yours may be called something else.  If you don't know what yours is you can get it by viewing the PHP info file.  Note that if you log into your website's FTP account, you will not see a folder called public_html because you log directly into that folder to begin with.  If your FTP client has an address bar it may read /public_html/ when you first log in to indicate that this is the current directory you are in.  If so you simply need to click the button in your client that puts you one directory up.  Usually its an arrow button or two dots.

Make a php file with this in it upload it to your website and view it in your browser.

Code: Select all

<? phpinfo(); ?>
Or if you want something with simple output to read this will tell you all you need to know.  Place this file into the directory you installed your Joomla into.

Code: Select all

<br>
Your server's Document Root is 
<?
ECHO $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]; 
?>
<br>
Absolute path to this page is 
<?
echo getcwd(); 
?>
Last edited by Seapaddler on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”