How log / block logon's from multiple IP's?

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tvicars
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How log / block logon's from multiple IP's?

Post by tvicars » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Sorry in advance, as its likely a noob question.. I did try a search, but i may be too inept to accurately describe my issue in the contents of a search box. I am using Joomla 1.5.1. What i would like to do is prevent users from logging in from two separate locations at once.. As far as I am aware, with 1.5, If person A is logged in at location X, then person B, can log in at location Y and kick A off.

I want to know if that can be logged, or if Joomla can (in the situation below) say to person B. "There is currently someone logged in under this username and ID, this has been logged and an administrator has been informed"

Eventually, i want to set up a subscription based site and i want to try to prevent ID sharing...

tvicars
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How log / block logon's from multiple IP's?

Post by tvicars » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:24 pm

Any Ideas?

Does anyone know if Community Builder does this? (I realize its not fully 1.5 compatable yet..)

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”