Warning Message, Joomla 1.5

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security and Performance FAQs
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sig123
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Warning Message, Joomla 1.5

Post by sig123 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Before posting this, i searched several different pages, but couldn't find anything the same, so Ive had to add this post.

I am using Joomla 1.5, and my hosting company, Hostpapa have updated their PHP to 5.4.36, this seems to be causing me problems.

I am now getting several warnings accross my site, all directing me to my date.php. The warnings are all very similar, but identify different lines on the date.php.

The warning is as follows.

Warning:strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the systems timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. in case you used any of those methods and are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set the date.timezone to select your timezone in /home/sigru087/public_html/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 56.

When I look at line 56 it says.

$this->_date = strtotime(gmdate("M d Y H:i:s", time()));

I have no clue what to do, any help would be much appreciated.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Warning Message, Joomla 1.5

Post by toivo » Mon May 25, 2015 5:25 pm

You need to turn off error reporting from Global Configuration - Server or adjust the error_reporting setting of PHP to ignore non-fatal warnings and notices.

There are several ways to filter notices, warnings, Strict Standards and Deprecated messages. Here are two tutorials:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/un ... tic-method
http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/ ... ndards-fix
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon May 25, 2015 5:27 pm

sig123
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sig123 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi

I had already looked at the error reporting in the global config, it was already set to none. I did the following instead to cure the issue.

In the public_html folder, I added the following on the 2nd line of the index.php, this cured my problem. Thanks for your assistance guys.

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED);
ini_set('display_errors','Off');

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 1.5”