Ezproxy

Discussion and education for beginner / novice programmers interested in embarking on the development process to take advantage of the extensible nature of the Joomla! CMS.
mhuynh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Ezproxy

Post by mhuynh » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to know has anyone sucessfully integrate ezproxy with their Joomla homepage... ?
I'm trying to do it at the moment, but finding it difficult -- Ezproxy is an authentication to mask you IP to let remote users access web-based licensed databases.

I want to build it into the original joomla login module -- to integrate it and verify it through there...

I'm still working on it at the moment... but if anyone has done it before your help will be greatly appreciated...

mrzack
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Ezproxy

Post by mrzack » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:39 am

hi,

haws your integration? I am also looking at the same thing, but still cannot do it. I am not a programmer, so I am looking for people to help me.

mhuynh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mhuynh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:18 am

My integration wasn't very good. I'm not a programmer either... The only thing I did was writing a simple script to ban all IP's except a certain range and 1 static IP, because ezproxy masks your IP to fake it as the static IP address so you can remotely login. While the allocated IP range for access is for the on campus users.

Did you find a solution for it ?

mhuynh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mhuynh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:21 am

I'm starting to look into full integration of the login component with Ezproxy... I bought some books to have a look into it... I honestly don't have the time, but I would really love to get it full integrated... Because then the system will be really tidy... and intuitive, with all the componets like forums, etc working together....

mrzack
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrzack » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:58 am

hi,

i am still having dificulties on it. I am not a programmer but i still looking on it with my friends and not yet come with the solution.

mhuynh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mhuynh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:14 am

At the moment I'm using jflogin, to talk to ezproxy.. inside the module you can tell it which fields to pass on to ezproxy, to get it to pass the information on to it.

mrzack
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrzack » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:07 am

hi friends,

since ezproxy I still cannot intergrate with joomla, may I ask for a coding? I want to joomla check authentication from oracle server which mean deferent application from joomla, then I want to park that user name and password from external server to joomla. any body can give a coding for that. Hope this can be done.

Sorry guys I am not a programmer.

Return to “Joomla! Coding 101”