myApi - Facebook Connect users management Native joomla 1.5

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
circsoc
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

myApi - Facebook Connect users management Native joomla 1.5

Post by circsoc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Hello, yesterday I submitted a new extension for approval into the JED, but as per their FAQ's the approval might take a fortnight and I'm too excited to share this with you so I can't wait.

http://www.myapi.co.uk

myApi is a brand new Joomla software package made up of the myApi component login module, facebook connect parsing module, user login plugin, user authentication plugin, content plugin.

When used together these separate modules work together to deeply integrate facebook, the facebook API and facebook connect into your existing Joomla websites.

Here's a quick breakdown of the features

Users can log into their joomla accounts using their facebook credentials - no need to remember seperate logins

Facebook connect users are added to the Joomla users database and their accounts can go on to be used with other components like forums and community builder.

You can choose to publish users actions from your site to the users facebook mini feed, update status on user login, and publish mini feed stories when they first sign up

Add facebook comments automatically to all articles by section, category or just show on all artiness, same goes for facebook share buttons these are also added to all articles automatically.

Check out the demo site http://www.myapi.co.uk click the facebook connect button, register a new user account and check out some of the features of myApi

This component is 100% in BETA, if you can not get it to work or spot a potential problem in the code let me know and I'll look into it. Also if you have any feature requests let me know.

circsoc
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: myApi - Facebook Connect users management Native joomla 1.5

Post by circsoc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:55 pm

After reading the additional rules for this forum I see I should link to my JED listing, which hasn't been approved yet. If any administrator is considering deleting this post can you please reconsider until I hear from the approval team, if my extension does get rejected I'll delete this tread myself.

circsoc
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by circsoc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:00 am

I feel such a fool, any one who tried to use facebook connect on the demo site i posed above will have noticed it didn't work... I forgot to take it off developer mode :D

Try it now

srikanthg
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by srikanthg » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi circsoc,
The demo site is working good,i have logged in using my facebook login details.It is cool.

I have some problem in configuring the component in my local joomla site.When i enter API Key,Secret Key error is coming "Invalid API and Secret key combination".

when i login from my joomla frontend using facebook login details,it gives error:

Error while loading page from http://localhost/joomla
http://localhost/joomla is under construction. Please try again later.
Configuration errors:
To fix this error, please set your Connect URL in the application settings editor. Once it has been set, users will be redirected to that URL instead of this page after logging in.

I think i am doing some mistake in FaceBook application setup,please help me...

thanks
srikanth

urednik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by urednik » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:54 am

srikanthg
same problem here - but obviously the developer can not help yet, since he does not reply to my mail.

Maybe a help would be our configuration details:
Joomla 1.5.15 & 1.5.17
CB latest or without
MySQL 4.1.22-standard
PHP 5.2.9
Apache 2.2.11

I have also something in the error log:
Stack trace:
#0 .../administrator/components/com_myapi/facebook/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php(1015): FacebookRestClient->call_method('facebook.fql.qu...', Array)
#1 .../components/com_myapi/views/myapi/view.ajax.php(73): FacebookRestClient->fql_query('SELECT xid, fro...')
#2 .../libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php(310): MyapiViewmyapi->display()
#3 /home/vovkone/public_html/veneti.info/components/com_myapi/controller.php(49): JController->display()
#4 ... libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php(236): MyapiController->display()
#5 ... components/com_myapi/myapi.php(46): JController->execute('')
#6 /home/vovkone/pu in ... /administrator/components/com_myapi/facebook/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php on line 3025
[25-dub-2010 11:57:11] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'FacebookRestClientException' with message 'Incorrect signature' in ... /administrator/components/com_myapi/facebook/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php:3025
and
Stack trace:
#0 ... /administrator/components/com_myapi/facebook/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php(1015): FacebookRestClient->call_method('facebook.fql.qu...', Array)
#1 ... /components/com_myapi/views/myapi/view.ajax.php(73): FacebookRestClient->fql_query('SELECT xid, fro...')
#2 ... /libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php(310): MyapiViewmyapi->display()
#3 ... /components/com_myapi/controller.php(49): JController->display()
#4 ... /libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php(236): MyapiController->display()
#5 ... /components/com_myapi/myapi.php(46): JController->execute('')
#6 ... pu in ... /administrator/components/com_myapi/facebook/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php on line 3025
[25-dub-2010 11:57:11] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'FacebookRestClientException' with message 'Incorrect signature' in ... ... /administrator/components/com_myapi/facebook/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php:3025
Stack trace:
Voluntary history research on Veneti.info

urednik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by urednik » Sat May 01, 2010 12:31 pm

The website has been daily hacked, the only feedback from admin was that maybe it is his Joomla installation that is not up to date ...

Now I would never trust such a developer - if he can't get his joomla in order how can he develop a component???

I understand that we want to serve the community, but there must be some responsibility either!

urednik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: myApi - Facebook Connect users management Native joomla

Post by urednik » Fri May 14, 2010 7:19 am

Now he develops a new component, so I guess he concidered security now.

franconassis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by franconassis » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:43 pm

when a user connects to my joomla site through MyApi the user status is "registered". Is it possible to have a linked facebook acount as "editor"?
thank you very much
Gian

whitehorse1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by whitehorse1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:50 pm

myApi -- lots of bugs, esp. with IE.
I gave up and tried jfb-connect, which is working out very well (http://www.sourcecoast.com/extensions/j ... igosid=131)

lgrijsen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lgrijsen » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 am

There is also a module for Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6 that works with Facebook Connect. It is linked with the newest API from Facebook, without bugs:

http://gresign.nl/index.php/paypal/download

Good luck!

giuseppe07
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by giuseppe07 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:47 pm

when i conect with faceebok acount to joomla page

in joomla user email is like 521065520@497296082.rnd

i want form facebook real email

Is posible ?

thomaswelton
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by thomaswelton » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:57 pm

I wish I had email notifications when people replied to this tread. I probably could have help a few people out.
myApi version 1.3.4 was released last week and is full of bug fixes and new features. It's still totally free of charge so try it out if you still need a Facebook integration solution.

Also lgrijsen the demo sites for your component are not working for me, I get prompted for permissions but the page redirects and throws a fatal error. So feel free to fix them and continue to sell it for $5.

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”