Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla Installation? go: "Team Joomlancer PH - Auto Web INSTALLER Script"

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:40 pm

jb wrote:
guilliam wrote:
BUT IF, your webhost is using ITS OWN WHM and they program their own control panel, then thats someting WE CANNOT do to provide,..
Ooops!!! That was me, and not gws, with the advertising. So sorry.. I didn't even think about that. After reading your response, I went back up to edit the "ad" out of my post, and see that you've already done it for me (thanks)..  :-[ :-[ :-[  It won't happen again.. promise.

So yes, I believe my provider uses their own WHM.. I can find no indication of "what" it really is, although I think they would do well to either update it, or move to something which does a better job. So I totally understand your innability to provide for it.. understood. I'll suggest to THEM that they get on the Joomla bandwagon, and make an installer available for their users.

I'll get out of your hair, now.  :-\
argghhh.. it was indeed my fault, wrong name i have indicated. again apologies to "@gws", in this light also edited my prior post... and nope it was not me who edited but a co-moderator. geez, too much confusion.. thats what we get without proper sleep. :(

second, would love to make the script compatible if ONLY its not a company self made program. 
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

MercedesAMG
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MercedesAMG » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:03 pm

if it only works with cpanel your frontpage story should say so ...

there are pleskers and others who are newbies and you just confused them again by having a simple install for ONE
hosting package that they dont even have access to
Hey, Joomla! builds dream sites, I want my Dream Car!
Nothin' but the best!

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:53 pm

MercedesAMG wrote: if it only works with cpanel your frontpage story should say so ...

there are pleskers and others who are newbies and you just confused them again by having a simple install for ONE
hosting package that they dont even have access to
thanks for pointing that one out. will inform news editor about the news release(if youre refreing to the community news).

DirectAdmin WHM is already implemented. please read along this thread that as soon as requests for feature and compatiblity is raised by a member we implement it as much as we can and the soonest as we can.

if you are willing to SUPPORT this community project, you can do so by lending us a host that has a WHM of either PLESK or HELM.

as there has been requests for this but no one has OFFERED to lend us a host with such WHM.

regarding the "frontpage story" you mentioned, if youre refering to the community news: http://www.joomla.org/content/view/255/37/

and again your wiling to SUPPORT this community project, you can do so by editing the "front page story" yourself to which you think is more appropriate and send it directly to my email(info AT joomlancer DOT com) and i'll re submit it to the news editor for edting. will greatly appreciate if oyu can extend that support. its been a stressful week for us; and we wish to move on next week with our "day jobs".

we need each and everyone's support.
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

steerpike
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by steerpike » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi - one complete newbie here, having problems mentioned elsewhere in this thread, ie:

error!

Possible Error(s):
- invalid username/pass
- invalid cPanel theme

The cpanel theme on my host is bluelagoon, here's the end of the url:

2083/frontend/bluelagoon/index.html

I have tried several times & am sure that my cpanel user/password are correct.

One further thing to check - the domain name should be my domain name, not the domain name that appears when I log in to cpanel (they are different, the domain name changes when I have logged into cpanel) - is that correct?

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:29 pm

if you browse your site by http://www.mysite.com then just put:

http://www.mysite.com

steerpike
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by steerpike » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:01 pm

Thanks for your reply

that is exactly what I entered however -my own domain name, starting www. my cpanel username and password, so I cant; figure out why it won't work.

Could someone try from joomla ? eg if I gave you mt details etc? I could change these after

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:58 am

steerpike wrote: Thanks for your reply

that is exactly what I entered however -my own domain name, starting www. my cpanel username and password, so I cant; figure out why it won't work.

Could someone try from joomla ? eg if I gave you mt details etc? I could change these after
send me a yahoo messenger invite: webpilotz2
^^lets start from there.

i'll be happy to assist your installation and to see where the installation gets wrong. :)

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:16 am

Legal Disclaimer applied to this released Joomla Auto Web INSTALLER Script --> CLICK HERE.
Last edited by guilliam on Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:30 am

The multiple and conclusive tests and success of Mambo to Joomla migrations both  from Team Joomlancer PH and our brave ALPHA Testers who stood up to the ALPHA TEST challenge,.. TEAM JOOMLANCER PHILIPPINES is happy to announce the public release of the Mambo to Joomla Automaic Upgrade / Migrate / Update script to the public.

Currently(3 Oct 05, 425pm PH time) a 1.0.1 version of Joomla is the tar.gz file in our upload servers, The Team will update the tar.gz file to automatically execute a Mambo 4.5.2.x to Joomla 1.0.2 so that no more hassles of updating your Joomla 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 installations. just doing further testings what a mambo 4.5.2.x installation to Joomla 1.0.2 can have incompatibilities of. We do our best to see any incompatibilities before we release the migrattion script and installer script to install/migrate a Joomla 1.0.2 ver.   

make sure to read the published DISCLAIMER applied to this script(URL given above) or CLICK HERE.

here is the url where the script is waiting and sitting for your tons of migration to be done!

http://joomla.astang.net/automigrate

currently supporting cPanel and DirectAdmin WHM's or webhost Control Panels.

Last edited by guilliam on Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeen
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Post by jeen » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:42 pm

My host uses "Ensim Pro" version 4.0.3-22.fc.1 as control panel software.
Will the web installer script work with that? If not, is it on the "to-do-list"?
Regards, Jeen

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Post by guilliam » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:54 pm

jeen wrote: My host uses "Ensim Pro" version 4.0.3-22.fc.1 as control panel software.
Will the web installer script work with that? If not, is it on the "to-do-list"?
first time ive heard about it. will check with my team if they know the control panel. :) if we see a ood chance in making it compatible.. will surely add that in the roadmap both on the auto migration and the web installer.

-g

Woof
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Scrip

Post by Woof » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:09 am

all this does is copy the config.php and the joomla tar file to my host, nothing else, no errors. Any idea whats wrong?

pastor_rob
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by pastor_rob » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:58 am

I had a joomla 1.0 installled before I tried the script.  It gave me an error that says:

- Invalid Database Login

I followed the steps as mentioned ... maybe the Existing Mambo Installation DB Pass is needed.  How do I know what the password is?

Thanks in advance for the anticipated help!
He is the Good Shepherd - John 10:27

shaifful
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by shaifful » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:06 am

Count me for Malay language..
http://www.joomla-my.org :: Joomla! Malaysian Community :: Malaysia Joomla User Group!
http://www.joomlamalaysia.info

Rhee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rhee » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:27 pm

pastor_rob wrote: I had a joomla 1.0 installled before I tried the script.  It gave me an error that says:

- Invalid Database Login

I followed the steps as mentioned ... maybe the Existing Mambo Installation DB Pass is needed.  How do I know what the password is?

Thanks in advance for the anticipated help!

Open your Mambo configuration.php , your DB information should be listed there.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Scrip

Post by guilliam » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:44 pm

Woof wrote: all this does is copy the config.php and the joomla tar file to my host, nothing else, no errors. Any idea whats wrong?

Please check if your cpanel is using PORT 2083, its a known issue.. we are working to make it compatible with port 2083 since its currently for "port 2082". thus for now, supporting port 2082.

port number can be seen by checking on the URL which shows below:

will announce as soon as we got the SOLUTION for Port 2083 working.  ;)

-G

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:46 pm

shaifful wrote: Count me for Malay language..
got it noted. we will release another language file for the MIGRATION script soon.. when we got the scritps and the layout and texts of the installer/migration script sorted out. :)

-g

Woof
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Woof » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:25 pm

guilliam wrote:
Woof wrote: all this does is copy the config.php and the joomla tar file to my host, nothing else, no errors. Any idea whats wrong?

Please check if your cpanel is using PORT 2083, its a known issue.. we are working to make it compatible with port 2083 since its currently for "port 2082". thus for now, supporting port 2082.

port number can be seen by checking on the URL which shows below:

will announce as soon as we got the SOLUTION for Port 2083 working.  ;)

-G
Thanks guilliam, but thats not it. Mine hits on port 2082 just like its supposed to but all it does is copy the config and tar files and the gives me a success message. I have tried it a couple times now and get the same result each time.

steerpike
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by steerpike » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:44 pm

Hi - I previously logged a problem encountered using the install script - invalid username/password or theme. Sir Guilliam kindly helped out by trying to run the install himself.

He reported that my hosts Cpanel was v9 & v10 was required - however, I've checked with my host & they say they are running V10.

Now I notice another comment, that port 2083 does not work -this is the port number my host uses. So, that seems most likely to be the problem - am I correct?

If so, is a port 2083 compatible version to be released.

Thanks for all your help joomla guys

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:29 pm

steerpike wrote: Hi - I previously logged a problem encountered using the install script - invalid username/password or theme. Sir Guilliam kindly helped out by trying to run the install himself.

He reported that my hosts Cpanel was v9 & v10 was required - however, I've checked with my host & they say they are running V10.

Now I notice another comment, that port 2083 does not work -this is the port number my host uses. So, that seems most likely to be the problem - am I correct?

If so, is a port 2083 compatible version to be released.

Thanks for all your help joomla guys
hello mate! yes.. we will release the port 2083 version soon. both for the installer and the migration script. ;)

and based on further test that we have made on our ALPHA TESTS, i do stand corrected that the cpanel version matters. since we tried with with other cpanel  versions. later finding out its the port connection.

PORT connections are a little techie to understand to our valued newbies... we will update our selection page in the http://joomla.astang.com as soon as the other options and features is tested to be stable(stable to be released to the public - based on our alpha testing and dev standards ;) ).

-g

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:33 pm

Woof wrote:Thanks guilliam, but thats not it. Mine hits on port 2082 just like its supposed to but all it does is copy the config and tar files and the gives me a success message. I have tried it a couple times now and get the same result each time.
okay,.. if you have a moment to spare and hopefully i also get the time in my hands.. pls add me up in your yahoo messenger:

webpilotz2

for your security and protection(if you dont trust me that is.. ahihihi. .jokes!) change your cpanel password in advance and  i'll see directly what is going on with your installation. :)

-guilliam

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:40 am

I had the same problem as some of the other posters that when I tried to install into public_html all it did was download the script to my public_html folder, so I deleted the public_html folder and allowed the automatic installer to create joomla in public_html and all worked as it should. HTH gws.

manne2004
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by manne2004 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:53 pm

What about PLESK?
Did you test it yet guilliam?

I am waiting patiently for it to happen via PLESK...

k19
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Root Based install

Post by k19 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:53 pm

When will this be updated to support a root install?

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:22 am

manne2004 wrote: What about PLESK?
Did you test it yet guilliam?

I am waiting patiently for it to happen via PLESK...
yes.. this is the current compatibility were working on. thanks to those who provided a PLESK account. will inform as soon as its already out for public and working properly.

=============
k19 wrote: When will this be updated to support a root install?
will inform to the as soon as the script is modified to install in the webroot. this is for the cpanel install youre saying if im not mistaken, right? since the DirectAdmin control panel is enabled for this aleady. this will just be a quick adjustment i the script to do.

pls take note that CURRENTLY if you force to install it having BLANK  in the form filed which asks for the folder, it will be installed directly to the ROOT and not in the WEBROOT. so strongly suggesting NOT to try it for now until we make a public annnouncement that it can be installed i nthe WEBROOT.

-g

Hugo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Hugo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:32 am

Hello,

Just like another user here I'm hosted at powweb. They have their own control panel solution. I think it's propreatary, but it can be a spinoff of one you guys know.

Anyway, powweb is quite big and I think a lot of mambo/ joomla users are on their servers. I have one account with them that's just sitting there for the moment. Would it be of any help if I give you acces to deveolp a powweb version?

Hugo

focalguy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by focalguy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:18 am

guilliam wrote:
Woof wrote:Thanks guilliam, but thats not it. Mine hits on port 2082 just like its supposed to but all it does is copy the config and tar files and the gives me a success message. I have tried it a couple times now and get the same result each time.
okay,.. if you have a moment to spare and hopefully i also get the time in my hands.. pls add me up in your yahoo messenger:

webpilotz2

for your security and protection(if you dont trust me that is.. ahihihi. .jokes!) change your cpanel password in advance and  i'll see directly what is going on with your installation. :)

-guilliam
I tried a fresh install on my cpanel and I got the same thing. Just the tar and config file. I checked and my cpanel port is 2082. Any progress on this issue yet?

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:38 am

focalguy wrote:
guilliam wrote:

webpilotz2

-guilliam
I tried a fresh install on my cpanel and I got the same thing. Just the tar and config file. I checked and my cpanel port is 2082. Any progress on this issue yet?
it was already resolved.

i just made an install now before posting a reply to your post. and it went smooth.
question:

1. have you checked out what your cpanel THEME is?

2. did you made a shorter db name and db user name? since mysql db using cpanel usually adds your username of your cpanel and adds the  user name as a prefix. ie.: if oyur username is "pony123", and you made a db user namen abd db name of "deleteme" the user name and the db name thus will be "pony123_deleteme". solution? make a username of user db shorter.. and smae also with the db name.

3. did you put anything in the desired directory?

-guilliam

Dixen
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dixen » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:35 am

I just saw this this evening and did about a 13 second install... WOW; nothing more need be said in that regard.

cPanel Build  10.8.0-CURRENT 19
Theme cPanel X v2.5.0

I assume my install was a fairly typical one as those are my CP and Theme details above.  No issues at all...

I did have one question though...  Any chance of the installer being released as a component for Joomla?  I'm working on a project that would be able to make great use of this installer but I can guarentee the client would be rather put off by the fact that it's a remote script.  I dunno, just food for thought I guess.

steerpike
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by steerpike » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:46 am

Hello guilliam - will the installer work with port 2083 yet?

thanks

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”