sigplus Image Gallery Plus , how to link it ?

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ashraf0078
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

sigplus Image Gallery Plus , how to link it ?

Post by ashraf0078 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:20 am

Hi every one,

ineed an urgent help pls :( | thank you :)
I installed sigplus to my Joomla 1.5 and i manged to add the gallery using the {gallery}fruit{/gallery} in to the article page.

But my question is, can i link the gallery to other button not the images them selives ? ? and if it possible to remove the images from my article page and want them to show only when i click the button that will open java script gallery and show my images.

This my page
http://memar.ashraf.ly/index.php?option ... &Itemid=54

button = residential portfolio red box

images of the gallery = fruits , that i do'tn like them to show in my page.

hunyadi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: sigplus Image Gallery Plus , how to link it ?

Post by hunyadi » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 pm

You might wish to take a look at the section Full customization in the sigplus documentation. There is a section Advanced example: creating a gallery and opening its pop-up window programmatically, which features an example on how to trigger a gallery from javascript when the full customization mode is activated with the compact syntax

Code: Select all

{gallery /}
The example demonstrates usage by adding the javascript call to the href attribute of an anchor element but the call could be wired to the onclick event of a button instead. If you do not want the gallery to show, you can hide it by wrapping the activation tag

{gallery}fruit{/gallery}
into a div container whose visibility is set to hidden (CSS visibility:hidden); the gallery would be shown in the pop-up window when you click the button but visitors would not see a (scrollable) gallery on the page itself.

ashraf0078
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ashraf0078 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:39 am

thank you for the link and the information i try my best to ddo it but it's confusing or i did not understand it will !

i try to but only this tag {/gallery} in my article page and put the href link on my button but i did not work , it only show one image as normal url not the gallery !

i think if i did not but this tag {gallery}fruit{/gallery} how is sigplus gallery understand which folder i'm pointing too??

so my simple questions:
1. what code should i put in my button to open the gallery ?
2. what is the tag should i put in my article page ?

i'm stuck on this for hours, really need help in this thank you again :)

hunyadi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by hunyadi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:08 am

I think the steps are discussed quite well in the sigplus documentation but in case there might be some confusion, let me spell out the exact steps one by one:

1. You should activate full customization mode for sigplus. This is done by placing the activation tag

{gallery /}
into an article. This is not a typo, the syntax resembles the compact element syntax (no child nodes) of X(HT)ML, e.g. <br/>.

2. As the compact activation tag does not itself include the gallery (which you conclude correctly), you should explicitly include it using the tag

{gallery id="mygallery"}myfolder{/gallery}
Of course, you are free to hide it if you do not want it to be seen on the page:

<div style="visibility:hidden">{gallery id="mygallery"}myfolder{/gallery}</div>
The id attribute helps uniquely identify the gallery so that you can refer to it in code.

3. Wire the link activation event to opening the gallery. In source mode, enter

<a href="javascript:__jQuery__('#mygallery a:first').boxplusDialog();">mylink</a>
This will open the pop-up window showing the first image in the gallery, offering navigation controls to view the rest. Alternatively, you might wish to show the second image in the gallery upon clicking the anchor:

<a href="javascript:__jQuery__('#mygallery a:eq(1)').boxplusDialog();">mylink</a>
Nonetheless, all these examples are from the documentation. While it may seem surprising, the documentation is indeed a valuable asset in development, please try to harness the resources freely available to you.

thecrossroads
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thecrossroads » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:29 pm

hi there

please help out..
i am totally new .. to this..

i have downloaded and installed the plugin have the folder called fruit with pictures in it...
i wen to teh plug in and added the string command images/stories/fruit
and i get the following message:

There are no images in the gallery.

maybe i am doing something wrong..

any advice.. i have spent about 6 hours trying to figure this out ..

this is a link to the site i am trying to use it on www.thecrossroads.ro under PHOTOS / 2010

thank you so much...

mike

UWTELECOM
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by UWTELECOM » Thu May 31, 2012 4:07 am

I'm having a similar issue:

I already email to the developer but i know he is a busy fella and might not answer in a while, so I wanted to know if someone else here can point me to the right direction over here:

what I'm trying to achieve here is a module with the words : "watch our images" and when people click on that text the gallery pop-up to appear and then the fun begins XD

I'm trying to use the advance feature on sigplus: "Opening a pop-up window gallery with a custom hyperlink"method listed @ http://hunyadi.info.hu/en/projects/sigplus/advanced.

I'm following all the steps, what happens is the text I'm trying to anchor ("Open gallery in pop-up window" in your example) does not link, it shows up but it doesn't have the link property working.

*I'm using sigplus 1.4 and joomla 2.5
*I first tried to create a sigplus module, and specified on the Custom settings: id=mygallery, then create a custom html module and use the line:

{gallery link=mygallery}Open gallery in pop-up window{/gallery}

but this didn't work, no link on the anchor

*Later I tried the plugin method:
>Creating a custom_html module with the lines :
{gallery id=mygallery layout=hidden}myfolder{/gallery}
{gallery link=mygallery}Open gallery in pop-up window{/gallery}
But this cause the same exact effect: no link on the anchored text ("Open gallery in pop-up window")

Thanks in advance,

UWTELECOM
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by UWTELECOM » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:48 pm

first of all thanks to everyone that has been part of this little investigation
I wanted to let you guys know what is the current status from my end:

on Joomla 2.5/sigplus:

I applied the following script on an custom_HTML module, and on the HTML a used:

<p>{gallery /}</p>
<div>{gallery id="mygallery" layout=hidden}Random{/gallery}</div>
<p><a href="javascript:__jQuery__('#mygallery a:first').boxplusDialog();">mylink</a></p>

...which worked marvelous in Joomla 2.5, I got a module that I can position anywhere on my site and have any text on it linking to a beautiful image Gallery, that is great isn't ? ... well , no exactly...

I have another site using Joomla Version 1.5.22 and sigplus 1.3.4.12, and I tried to apply the same process but it didn't work, I already changed the root folder for sigplus plugin to just: "images" instead of "images/stories" like is the default for this version of joomla

What happens after positioning the module where I want it is that shows nothing on the site but the code i typed on the Custom_HTML module editor

i repeat the exact same code was used in joomla 2.5 and it work perfectly so i don't think the problem is that

any ideas?

UWTELECOM
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by UWTELECOM » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks a lot, my problem has been fixed thanks to the help of everyone involved in this project, to all of you: "Thanks!"

Here's what i did:
-first i created a sig plus module giving it the custom parameters of:
id=gallery,
layout=hidden
-later i created a custom_HTML module with the code of :
<a href="javascript:__jQuery__('#mygallery a:first').boxplusDialog();">mylink</a>
where "mylink" is what i wanted the text to show

Thanks hunyadi and all others, appreciated

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”