Extended menu + suckerfish installation tip, no trick

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jmll
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Extended menu + suckerfish installation tip, no trick

Post by jmll » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:37 am

Being new to Joomla it took me quite a while to figure out how to make the extended menu module work (from sheer dumbness no doubt, and scarce doc, because the basic setup is really easy in fact). So here is one solution with suckerfish_horizontal 1.0.1, mod_exmenu 1.0.3 and joomla 1.0.13.
Download and install mod_exmenu from extension directory.
Download suckerfish from http://de.siteof.de/extended-menu-templates.html
Create a directory on your desktop ('topnav') and unzip the suckerfish-horizontal.zip into it. Upload dir to /templates/yourtemplate/
Link the css from index.php:

Code: Select all

<link href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/topnav/css/menu.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
or otherwise.
Create your menu as usual: menu manager/new ... let's say, to be imaginative 'topnav'
On to the module manager. Do not publish the newly created topnav mod_mainmenu.
Copy the mod_exmenu, publish and open the copy, rename it to TopNav or whatever, select a position ('user3' in rhuk_solarflare_ii;  unpublish everything else from that position ... just in case!); select the Menu Name from the drop down box: topnav; set Source Type to 'menu', Menu Style to 'flat list', Expand Menu to 'yes'; Enable Menu Template to 'yes'; Template Name to 'topnav/menu.html'
Choose 'Menu Item Link(s): All (if that's what you wish).
Save these settings and back to menu manager/topnav/menu items/new/New Menu Item/Add Menu Item window. Now every time you add a new item, depending on the level of the parent item it is given, it will show as 1st, 2nd, 3rd ... level expanded menu all nice and neat with small arrows for child items. Great.

rpogge
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Extended menu + suckerfish installation tip, no trick

Post by rpogge » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:09 pm

Thank you!

blackfrancis75
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by blackfrancis75 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:59 pm

This is great! Thx

pjgorsuch
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pjgorsuch » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:33 am

Hi jmll,

I'm trying to get the extended menu module to work, and I followed your instructions, but menu items that I'm adding don't show up on the front end. Any guesses on why?

(I realize this is incredibly vague, if there's any information I could supply that would help please let me know)

Thanks!

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”