Facile Forms or Fabrik?

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
avi2l
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Facile Forms or Fabrik?

Post by avi2l » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi, I have come to the point where I will be creating some form submissions for my site.  I have read about Facile Forms and Fabrik.  From my understanding, people prefer Fabrik, or say it is more advanced.  However, Facile Forms has plentiful of free support and information.  So my question is, for someone who is gonna start with a new component, is it worth it to pay for the support for Fabrik, or is Facile Forms good enough to get me through.

Things to consider are, the migration to 1.5. 

Also, I would like to create a form on one site and copy it on to another.  Is this easily attainable? 

And the type of forms I will need are fill in questionares of about 50 fields and possibly other supplemental stuff. 

Also, can  I use this software to have adobe forms filled in on the page?

Any input or recommendations would be great.

thanks

pollen8
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Facile Forms or Fabrik?

Post by pollen8 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:40 pm

Hi

I can only speak for Fabrik (being its developer), fabrik 2.0 will be compatible with Joomla 1.5, although its still some way off being finished.
Both Fabrik & Facileforms will most likely meet your needs to create a form.
Fabrik can create zips (they're called packages) of your tables and forms, which you can download and install on another site.
Fabrik can't deal with those adobe pdf forms, (are they called FDF's or something like that???)
On installation fabrik gives you the option to install a sample form, this should on its own give you enough to understand how the basics work. As usual I'd suggest downloading and testing each product, they both have their own merits and disadvantages
aka

avi2l
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by avi2l » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:56 pm

Thanks Pollen for the info.  I am playing with them both.  I will probably look into the membership options on Fabrik later next week.

moonra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by moonra » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello, I'm trying to set up a simple form on Joomla for teachers to submit lesson plans, then have them displayed on the site. I was told the Fabrik extension would allow me to do this. Is this correct? This is all really new to me, I'm looking for some guidance - thanks.

moonra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by moonra » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello, I'm trying to set up a simple form on Joomla for teachers to submit lesson plans, then have them displayed on the site. I was told the Fabrik extension would allow me to do this. Is this correct? This is all really new to me, I'm looking for some guidance - thanks.

siddha05
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by siddha05 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Hello Pollen or anybody working with advanced Forms,

Can fabrik or any other form component to show more than one field in a same line as opposed to one below the other. I don't want to make my form too long in the vertical axis!

Secondly, can i generate pdf output of the form using fabrik? Ideally, I would like to generate a pdf template that can pull data fields from the form.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Sid

Crwills
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Crwills » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:48 am

I think Fabrik would be better choice. Some customization may fulfill your need.
C R Wills
Law Directory - http://www.attorneylawyerdirectory.org
Constuction Directory - http://constructiontoday.org

socialbandit
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Fabrik for apps

Post by socialbandit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:28 am

i am looking for an o help me build an extension to help me build a mobile app. can i use fabrik to develop a user - user interface?

careboy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by careboy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:02 am

Hi,thanks guys

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”