Split Extended Menu into two Vertical Columns

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
misfit949
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Split Extended Menu into two Vertical Columns

Post by misfit949 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi everyone, is it possible to split the extended menu module into two seperate vertical columns? I realize that I could just create two menus, but I wanted to make this as user friendly as possible for my customers. Any ideas?

carlosjaramillo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Split Extended Menu into two Vertical Columns

Post by carlosjaramillo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:34 am

Try with MegaMenu of Joomlarts.com. Only run in T3 Framework. I recommend you use de T3 V2 to create your template and use to create two, three... columns menus.

This is the link: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/download ... cat&id=317

sakuramann
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Split Extended Menu into two Vertical Columns

Post by sakuramann » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:13 am

Hi. I just thought to post it anyway, even though the question was posted long time ago.

So, you need to find out the menu list name using firebug (add-on for firefox, if you are using ie, I guess you can check it by page source or something, ask another question if you don't know what I am talking about).

For example, I had a menu module displayed in a article (container position) and wanted to make 3 column thumbnail menu. So I inserted the following css into my personalized template file.

#ja-container ul.menu li {
float: left;
width: 30%;
margin: 5px;
}

This will create 3 columns. Just adjust the width for however many columns you want to make it.
Ask me if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”