Is there a robust "Trouble Ticket" solution that uses Joomla Access Control?

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dc41
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Is there a robust "Trouble Ticket" solution that uses Joomla Access Control?

Post by dc41 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:11 pm

We have an ecommerce site using Joomla 1.0.13 and VirtueMart 1.013a.

We need a customer service (trouble ticket) solution that integrates with Joomla's access controls. Amoeba isn't customizable enough, but it appears all the other solutions use their own authentication system. I can't find a bridge.

Any help would be appreciated.

emphyrio
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Is there a robust "Trouble Ticket" solution that uses Joomla Access Control?

Post by emphyrio » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:43 am

dc41
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Is there a robust

Post by dc41 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:57 am

Yes... taskhopper has one HUGE drawback right now... you can't assign groups permissions. In other words, you have to manually add each user in order for them to submit anything.

We also need the ability for the admin to open a ticket for a customer, and the ability for both the customer and admin to attach a file to the ticket.

It looks like JTicket comes close, but it currently does not support attachments. I think I'll look into shoehorning SMF.

fschutzman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fschutzman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:47 am

I was looking for the same thing today. I found a site with a trouble ticket system. I do not think it does group but check it out anyway. It has a working demo.

http://pburkhalter.net/tts.php

fred

hollykathleen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hollykathleen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

dc41 wrote:Yes... taskhopper has one HUGE drawback right now... you can't assign groups permissions. In other words, you have to manually add each user in order for them to submit anything.
Task Hopper Reloaded 2.0 for Joomla 1.0 has the added feature of creating groups and assigning group permissions. Task Hopper for Joomla 1.0 is no longer being supported or developed by its original creators (they are instead focusing on Joomla 1.5). I however, am not upgrading to Joomla 1.5 anytime in the near future, so I needed some bug fixes and new features for the Joomla 1.0 Task Hopper. I developed Task Hopper Reloaded 2.0 for just this purpose. It includes bug fixes and new features for the Joomla 1.0 version of Task Hopper. You can learn more and get it here:
http://triogroto.com/support/index.php? ... &Itemid=68

Hope it's helpful!

Cognidox
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Cognidox » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:53 pm

It may be too late for the original poster, and it's a Joomla! 1.5 component, but for the sake of others who find this via search I'd like to let you know about our OTRS Gateway.
It provides a way of integrating Joomla! and the OTRS help desk system, which enables Joomla-based sites to access OTRS tickets.

OTRS (http://otrs.org/) is a flexible and highly scalable solution for managing customer requests in Help Desk, Customer Support or IT Service Management applications. Each case or incident becomes a “ticket” that is assigned to the right person(s), with email notification and reporting functions available. There is nothing as good as OTRS available for Joomla. But OTRS uses its own web templates, and that results in duplication of web-coding effort. Also, the help-desk component then looks and behaves in a different way from the rest of the Joomla-based site. With the OTRS Joomla Gateway, OTRS tickets are part of the Joomla web site template, and the user experience is seamless.

You can download the OTRS gateway from:

http://www.cognidox.com/opensource/otrs-joomla-gateway

You will find full installation and configuration instructions, as well as a tutorial video, at the same location. The OTRS Joomla gateway software is distributed under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL).

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”