Embedding Picasa Web Albums on Your Site

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mcfrojd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Embedding Picasa Web Albums on Your Site

Post by mcfrojd » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:36 am

On this site http://googlified.com/2007embedding-pic ... your-site/
There is a nice way to embed your picasa webalbums on a homepage.

When i try to use it in an joomla article it wount work, but in an standalone .htm file do work.

Now i wounder if there is someone out there with some programing skills that can make eather a module, plugin or component for joomla that uses the trick from the page above.

I've seen alot of peapole asking for a way to have picasa webalbums on there sites, bur so far theres been no sollution, i hope someone can use the way mentioned above to fix this.

/ McFrojd

mcfrojd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Embedding Picasa Web Albums on Your Site

Post by mcfrojd » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 am

I just found Prof3ta's Joomla! Picasa 2.0 i the extensions directory, seems to do the trick, but it only for joomla 1.5

interfx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by interfx » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:35 am

Can you share the intall directions for Prof3TA Picasaweb? The site is permanently down, I downloaded, but can not figure out how to implement i Joomla 1.5?

Thanks in advance -

PaulineNMU
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PaulineNMU » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:25 am

You can use this non-component method, you just have to update the script to point to the proper string so that it includes the joomla stuff..

IE.

Code: Select all

http://www.0000000.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=56&albumid=####
It will work just like the script is meant to on a normal PHP site.

Ta-da!

jan165
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jan165 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Can someone explain where I have to change the script? I just cant figure it out alone... THANKS!

emitter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by emitter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi, I'd be also interested in this topic, I haven't found any extension yet that would display ALL picasa albums of my picasa account. There are only such extensions that display manually imported albums. But I don't want to refresh my Joomla gallery if I upload some new pictures in Picasa. In Joomla 1.x, there was an extension called MorfeoShow, which did the job full automatic. Why isn't such thing for Joomla 1.5, 1.6 or 1.7?

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”