strange installation problem

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pslane
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

strange installation problem

Post by pslane » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:10 am

I have 2 Joomla websites and I am able to install an extension on one but the other one says "failed to move file" when I try to install it. ??? What settings could I have different on the one that won't install? I just hope that it's a matter of incorrect settings.

Thanks,
pslane

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: strange installation problem

Post by imanickam » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:01 am

Mostly it is due to wrong file permissions or wrong path for the tmp & log directories. Review of the following documents could be of help.

http://docs.joomla.org/Why_can%27t_you_ ... ensions%3F
http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_solve_Ins ... on_Manager
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

pslane
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: strange installation problem

Post by pslane » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:33 am

Turns out I didn't need to load the extension, although it looks like a good extension (attachment 2.2)

I have discovered how to insert a link to a downloadable zipped file in my article by just using extplorer and loading the zip file to FTP and linking to that. :D So I didn't have to use an extension after all.

I will still need to check the permissions in case I need an extension, etc. in the future. Thanks for the links.

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”