Weekly newsletter of web links - any suitable extension?

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
beijinger
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Weekly newsletter of web links - any suitable extension?

Post by beijinger » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:38 pm

I publish a weekly newsletter in PDF form with a round-up of stories of interest available online which I distribute to an e-mail list. I'm trying to find a solution whereby my readers can find a list of links to the relevant stories with a short excerpt or synopsis on a page on my Joomla site instead.

Does anyone know of any Joomla 1.0 Extension that would suitable for building a workflow around this? Ideally, I'd be able to archive each week's links to preserve the 'newsletter' idea.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions - I've looked in the extensions directory, but everything seems to be geared to sharing content from your site with others (whereas I'm going in the other direction, i.e. linking out).

adityajoom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Weekly newsletter of web links - any suitable extension?

Post by adityajoom » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:48 am

beijinger wrote:I publish a weekly newsletter in PDF form with a round-up of stories of interest available online which I distribute to an e-mail list. I'm trying to find a solution whereby my readers can find a list of links to the relevant stories with a short excerpt or synopsis on a page on my Joomla site instead Read all Quotes !!!

Does anyone know of any Joomla 1.0 Extension that would suitable for building a workflow around this? Ideally,Click Here I'd be able to archive each week's links to preserve the 'newsletter' idea.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions - I've looked in the extensions directory, but everything seems to be geared to sharing content from your site with others (whereas I'm going in the other direction, i.e. linking out).
I had the same requirement once from my client. Ofcouse there is no ready made extention for this but htis is really a nice to have feature.

My Client had a Auto Generated (RSS Feeds) News site which he wanted to send automated News on Daily basis to subscribers.

There is already a PHP Class that converts content to PDF. I will PM you the link.

Once the PDF is generated, You can use any existing Joomla Extention to send that PDF to subscribers at a preset frequency.

If you want i can draw the workflow and send to you. Just PM me.

Thanks
Aditya

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”