Purity from SVN has no top menu?

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
mkaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

ja_purity status

Post by mkaz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 am

The template contest was started in order to choose the third template to be included with the standard Joomla installation.
Ja_purity won.

Yesterday I downloaded the new 1.5.3 Stable Full Package and ja_purity is still not included in the package.
The only thing that changed since the end of the contest is the addition of this forum.

For somebody just joining or choosing Joomla, ja_purity exposure will be almost nil. It's not included in the package, I don't think the doc's mention it and it's getting harder and harder to find.
On the JoomlArt site it disappeared totally since it's neither a paid template nor the 'normal' free template for Joomlart.
I could not find it hosted on joomla.org. No updates or doc's about matching Joomla versions.

After this rather long intro, my short question:

Is ja_purity going to be included in the package? Will it be supported and updated to match each Joomla version? Will it be 'equalized' to the other 2 templates included in Joomla?

Best regards,
Michael

MasterC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Purity from SVN has no top menu?

Post by MasterC » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Hello,

I "upgraded" purity from the Joomlacode SVN repository. I was having multiple bugs in IE6/7 and was having a rough time going through each of them to work em out so I decided to upgrade first and then work on them. The upside is that the upgrade fixed all my bugs, and the site seems to load A LOT faster, woohoo! The downside is that now I don't have a top menu, boooo.

In the new Template Manager menu I selected SuckerFish, but I still don't have a top menu.

Any ideas, thoughts, jokes, comments, ridicules, etc are all welcome :)

-Chad

bttman
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Purity from SVN has no top menu?

Post by bttman » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:46 pm

MasterC wrote:Hello,

I "upgraded" purity from the Joomlacode SVN repository. I was having multiple bugs in IE6/7 and was having a rough time going through each of them to work em out so I decided to upgrade first and then work on them. The upside is that the upgrade fixed all my bugs, and the site seems to load A LOT faster, woohoo! The downside is that now I don't have a top menu, boooo.

In the new Template Manager menu I selected SuckerFish, but I still don't have a top menu.

Any ideas, thoughts, jokes, comments, ridicules, etc are all welcome :)

-Chad
hmmm... I must be blind... where did you find japurity on joomlacode.org?

joe

MasterC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MasterC » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Its in the Joomla section, as if you were going to download Joomla 1.5 itself from SVN, but only checkout the particular directory (in this case, ja_purity).

-Chad

sportman1280
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sportman1280 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:34 pm

I am having the same issue. anyone able to help?

MasterC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MasterC » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:42 pm

I ended up deleting the Top Menu module and recreating it. Seems to have fixed it, but now it appears I also have to go back to Menu Manager => Top Menu and recreate each entry to make it work correctly..

Kind of a "weak" fix, but it works. My guess is the user locations changed.

-Chad

travistrain
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

green header black menu error?

Post by travistrain » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:11 pm

I have green header and blue primary elements on and the menu at the top is black.
this is a fresh install of the templete and joomla 1.5.3
anyway to fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joojoom
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by joojoom » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:42 pm

I didn't have that issue until I added content on the front page, and now the top menu is gone. Thinking this template has quite a few bugs in it.
John

itzjonas
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Menu Type (Header Menu) Gone

Post by itzjonas » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:01 pm

I recently update Joomla to 1.5.4 which now includes JA_Purity in the core. Before the updated JA_Purity to comply with Joomla, there was a Header Menu that was defined in the Template Manager to allow for this sweet header menu with collapsible menus. It appears as though this is no longer available.

Is there any way to add that back in with the new code?

doncasterrunner
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Menu Type (Header Menu) Gone

Post by doncasterrunner » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:30 am

My site has used the JA_Purity template for about 6 months.

I have installed the 1.5.4 update on my WAMPSERVER testing environment and I also lost my top horizontal menu and can not get it back.

As a fix I simply deleted the JA_Purity directory on the 1.5.4 version and copied the JA_Purity directory from a previous backup in to the template directory and this worked. I don't know if this is good practice.

Martin

spadilla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by spadilla » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:23 pm

Same problem here - the problem seems to be with the new hornav module position and the footer menu being placed in the user 3 module position.
I had installed the JA_Purity template when it was first released and hacked it all up to meet my needs. Now that the 1.5.4 update includes a new version of JA_Purity, it overwrote all of my other modified files (in a test environment) and I am not sure what is a good thing to do here...

Should I use a backup of the old template with all of my modified files? I've tried this out and it seems to perform correctly, however I don't know if I am missing some important fixes in the new JA_Purity that came with 1.5.4

Any ideas ? I'm going crazy here :eek:

mariusvr
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mariusvr » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:48 am

Same problem here. After updating my site to Joomla 1.5.4 my top header menu is gone. I checked in the template HTML and the nice menu code has been removed and now a direct display of the "hornav" modules is called. However Joomla itself does not have a default Mootools menu from what I can see.

Why was this code removed? In my opinion the integrated menu feature was what made ja_purity stand out from the crowd.

I have included an old version of ja_purity to this post, to help other people who might have got this problem after upgrading to Joomla 1.5.4

Thanks, Marius
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JFusion is a revolutionary new universal user integration tool for Joomla. Visit http://www.jfusion.org for more details.

romszone_com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by romszone_com » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:22 pm

My friend and I had the same issue. What ever menu you want to be at the top, Change "Position" to "hornav". Then under "Advanced Parameters", remove "-nav" from "Menu Class Suffix" and add "_menu" to "Module Class Suffix". Also make sure "Menu Style" is set to "List"
CMS TopSites
Lets Affiliates automatically trade links with your Joomla / Mambo site and more...
View project and Demo at http://9zr.net/
Also get free games and more at http://romszone.com

dbarron
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dbarron » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:15 am

I noticed the same thing on mine. I kept trying to reinstall 1.5.4 thinking it was my ftp's fault. But I also noticed that something seemed to be missing in the template module on the admin side. I downloaded just the template (v1.2.0) from this link.

http://www.joomlart.com/contest/ja_purity.zip

I then transferred just the template to my site by ftp. (I didn't transfer the folder admin and the file en-GB.tpl_ja_purity.ini because I was unsure where they go. If anyone knows that would be helpful.) When I did that, the text directions showed up on the admin side that explained the templates features as well as how to setup the horz. menu.

Not sure if there is something missing from the update patch 1.5.3 to 1.5.4, but the only thing that worked was downloading just the template.

Hope that is helpful.

mariusvr
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mariusvr » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:38 am

Ok removing module class suffix resulted in the menu appearing again. However it only displays correctly for the black menu. This is because the following code change:

Code: Select all

<ul id="ja-cssmenu" class="clearfix">
into

<ul class="menu">
Since the blue menu styles (templates/ja_purity/styles/header/blue/style.css) use the "ja-cssmenu" references. The blue meny css is never applied and the menu looks very strange with the blue menu changing to black on mouse-over. Cheers, Marius
JFusion is a revolutionary new universal user integration tool for Joomla. Visit http://www.jfusion.org for more details.

urednik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by urednik » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 pm

Always show sub-menu Items set on Yes and you need no change of Module class suffix.

Also the color of the javascript jamoo menu can surely be changed somewhere.

What bodders me is that the menu items such as SEPARATOR(S) appear withouth any css and are even not divided into seperate tabs.

Any solutions?
Voluntary history research on Veneti.info

PhilOSparta
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Purity has no top menu?

Post by PhilOSparta » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 pm

I analyzed the old version against the new and determined that the old was somewhat hard coded to generate the "Top Menu". Follow these steps to get the "Top Menu" the way it used to appear.
You will be creating a new menu.

Extensions -> Module Manager
Select New ( Green Ball with + )
Select Menu Radio Button then Next

Details
Title: Real Top Menu
Note: There is already a menu called Top Menu that is located in position User3 at the bottom of the page. That confuses the issue. You may want to go into the menu manager and change the name of the Top Menu to Bottom Menu later.
Show Title: No ( This didn't seem to affect the the title. It doesn't show. )
Enabled: Yes
Position: hornav

Parameters -> Module Parameters
Menu Name: mainmenu
Menu Style: List
Apply OR Save and test your work.
That should get you the "Top Menu" that was provided in the original template.

PhilOSparta
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by PhilOSparta » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:22 pm

The initial post in this thread indicated loss of Top Menu on upgrade to new 1.5.4 with the new ja_purity version.
I believe I have a straight forward fix.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 6#p1351145
If there are any additional issues, let's discuss.

I hope that helps.

Phil

hetulhh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hetulhh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:11 pm

mariusvr wrote:Ok removing module class suffix resulted in the menu appearing again. However it only displays correctly for the black menu. This is because the following code change:

<ul id="ja-cssmenu" class="clearfix">
into

<ul class="menu">
Since the blue menu styles (templates/ja_purity/styles/header/blue/style.css) use the "ja-cssmenu" references. The blue meny css is never applied and the menu looks very strange with the blue menu changing to black on mouse-over. Cheers, Marius
Hi there. I upgraded to joomla 1.5.4 and my 2nd level menu is also appearing black. I am using the green menu style. How do I make it appear green? Where, in the code, do I have to change? Regards, Hetul

roderiko
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by roderiko » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 pm

hetulhh wrote: Hi there. I upgraded to joomla 1.5.4 and my 2nd level menu is also appearing black. I am using the green menu style. How do I make it appear green? Where, in the code, do I have to change? Regards, Hetul
Hi, I have the same problem, I use the green menu and appears in black...
If I you my old ja purity theme...is there a problem??

roderiko
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Purity has no top menu?

Post by roderiko » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm

PhilOSparta wrote:I analyzed the old version against the new and determined that the old was somewhat hard coded to generate the "Top Menu". Follow these steps to get the "Top Menu" the way it used to appear.
You will be creating a new menu.

Extensions -> Module Manager
Select New ( Green Ball with + )
Select Menu Radio Button then Next

Details
Title: Real Top Menu
Note: There is already a menu called Top Menu that is located in position User3 at the bottom of the page. That confuses the issue. You may want to go into the menu manager and change the name of the Top Menu to Bottom Menu later.
Show Title: No ( This didn't seem to affect the the title. It doesn't show. )
Enabled: Yes
Position: hornav

Parameters -> Module Parameters
Menu Name: mainmenu
Menu Style: List
Apply OR Save and test your work.
That should get you the "Top Menu" that was provided in the original template.
thanks... i follow yous steps... but i can't find the way to make the menu appears in green...
can you help me?

roderiko
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: green header black menu error?

Post by roderiko » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:46 pm

i have the same error... if someone find the way to put the menu in green let us know how to di it.

PhilOSparta
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by PhilOSparta » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:52 pm

Do you get the basic green menu scheme and the second level goes to Black, or can't you get green at all.
I noticed that all colors are black on the second level, and the menu list item that has the focus is black.

This has to be a CSS pre-emption problem. I'll work on it and see what I can figure out.

Phil

urednik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by urednik » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:14 am

urednik wrote:Always show sub-menu Items set on Yes and you need no change of Module class suffix.

Also the color of the javascript jamoo menu can surely be changed somewhere.

What bodders me is that the menu items such as SEPARATOR(S) appear withouth any css and are even not divided into seperate tabs.

Any solutions?
As I wrote above - there is no need to change anything, just follow the first step. All your solutions are double work.
Anyway - PHIL: still there is a problem with SEPARATOR MENUS (See the attachment). They do not have any CSS - also if I follow your advice of creating a new MENU MODULE.

*Roderiko:
you can use your previous version - just overwrite the JaPurity template files. But you should be aware that there are some javascript and other functions not working in the previous version. If you are ok with it, than you just switch!

urednik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by urednik » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:26 am

Only the second level and SEPARATOR links are problematic.

See my post here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 2#p1351572

PhilOSparta
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by PhilOSparta » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:53 pm

That's odd since my separators seem to be okay, but I get black active and focus buttons. The older version allowed for CSS color changes from the styles/header/green/style.css file. Now the ja-sosdmenu.css file provides for the background color at line 109 and line 90 when selected and rollover respectively. The green/style.css file doesn't get called for the background colors except for the initial colors on page load. I'm still analyzing the code that was changed from the last version.

urednik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by urednik » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:02 pm

Ok, so you are sure you have SEPARATOR links in your MENU?
Because it is really odd what happens to me :(

PhilOSparta
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by PhilOSparta » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 pm

I decided to start from scratch. This is the green theme fresh "out of the box".
The separators are provided by this code:
#ja-mainnav ul.menu li a {ja-sosdmenu.css (line 78)
border-left:1px solid #555555;
border-right:1px solid #333333;

In the old version the separators were under control of style.css ( Example from my yellow style. )
#ja-cssmenu li a {style.css (line 69)
border-left:1px solid #F8DBA4;
border-right:1px solid #FFFF88;

This is what the "fresh load" provides.

urednik
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by urednik » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Yes Phil, but try to create now a menu item SEPARATOR (that is a non-clickable text menu with second level menu items).
Because from scratch there are no separators by default!

roderiko
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by roderiko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:44 pm

this is my test site: http://www.madonnasecrets.com/portal/
and this is how the green menu looks...

i don't understand why ja purity have this modification with errors for green and blue menu...

anyone from joomla art and joomla team have to find a solution...

this is the template winner and with this error.... becomes into a problem to all the users of ja purity...

i hope both members (ja purity - jommla org) will find the fix to came back the simple use of this fabulous template.

thanks...

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”