Purity from SVN has no top menu?

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Romanito
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Purity from SVN has no top menu?

Post by Romanito » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:27 pm

I had the same problem as netwizard, only with Firefox.
I replaced template.css with the one of the demo, now it works OK.

Hope this helps.

joanverde
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by joanverde » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Yeah,
I’ve got the same problem. But my green header theme just’d like to become grey in strange places.

Suggestions anyone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brettflan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by brettflan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm

If parts are showing up grey, try this:
In the administration panel, go to Extensions->Module Manager. Edit the "Top Menu" or "Real Top Menu" or whatever module you happen to use. Under Advanced Parameters to the left side you'll see the option Menu Class Suffix. This should be set to "-nav", but is not set to anything by default when you create a new menu.

Hopefully that's what your problem is.

joanverde
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by joanverde » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks a lot!
It just works that way… Well everything except the surroundings, but that’s maybe what the extra code is supposed to solve?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Handberg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Handberg » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:13 am

I have a somewhat similar problem using the red style.
The -nav extension is on the top menu, but still it has a blue line in the hornav area, and the menus are grey. How do I solve this ?
hoif.jpg

sl4y3r1980
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sl4y3r1980 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Here, I've a good news for the users that using the ja_purity template, I founded it when I browsing at http://joomlart.com (site who creates the ja_purity template)
here's a tips for you to showing the top menu :

Instructions

Template Logo
Support 2 types of logo: Image and Text.

Horizontal Navigation
JA Purity provide embedded dropdown horizontal navigation system. There're 2 style of dopdown menu: JA CSS Suckerfish and JA Moomenu (Template parameter: Horizontal Navigation Type). Follow these steps to enable the dropdown horizon navigation.
1. Goto Module Manager, click a mainmenu module (Eg: Main Menu).
2. Select "No" for the module "Show Title".
3. Select "hornav" for the module "Position".
4. Select "Yes" for parameter "Always show sub-menu Items"
5. Select "List" for parameter "Menu Style"

Template Font Size
Choose default font size for the template. On front-page, when user increases/decreases font size, the setting is remember for later visits.

Template Width
The template width is very flexible. You could choose the preset width (Narrow/Widescreen) or define your width (Specified in percentage, Specified in pixel)

Template Styles
Template style is combined from 3 main elements: Header Themes, Background Themes and Primary Elements. The template provides 2x2x4=16 predefined styles.

Right modules collapsible function
Modules in right could are collapsible. You could enable/disable this function, set modules collapsed/expended by default...

Follow the instruction and it will successfully load. :D

maybe this will help you.

sumardika
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sumardika » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:01 am

Thanks sl4y3r1980

jarrob
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jarrob » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:38 am

brettflan wrote:If parts are showing up grey, try this:
In the administration panel, go to Extensions->Module Manager. Edit the "Top Menu" or "Real Top Menu" or whatever module you happen to use. Under Advanced Parameters to the left side you'll see the option Menu Class Suffix. This should be set to "-nav", but is not set to anything by default when you create a new menu.

Hopefully that's what your problem is.
This is the ONLY solution that worked for me - thanks!

The replacement CSS files in this thread only fix the drop down part - the top menu buttons are still grey. The '-nav' solution works WITHOUT replacing files or anything else on Joomla 1.5.7

TBC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by TBC » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Found this thread as the top menu doesn't display in 1.5.7. Looked in the module > top menu > advanced parameters > menu class suffix and it is already set to -nav but the top menu doesn't display at all.

EDIT: Saw/tried this from earlier and works, thanks PhilOSparta!
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 6#p1351145

MyrddinEmrys
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Still having trouble

Post by MyrddinEmrys » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:35 pm

Sorry... post deleted.

MyrddinEmrys
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: ja_purity status

Post by MyrddinEmrys » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Jenny wrote:The header has been fixed and it will be in the next release.. the hover and active menus are now registering the correct color.

In the meantime you can see the two attached files that contain the css for the style.css for each header color.
Hi Jenny,

Well, after some work and hours of reading the forum I'm now stucked at that point...

First let me say I'm working with joomla 1.5.7.

I've tried your bluestyle.txt and this is the result with Iexplorer:
IEvsFF1.jpg

Quite good, certainly!!

But with Firefox...
IEvsFF2.jpg

That godda...ed grey areas still appear :(

This is the web, if u want to see it in action:

http://provagerunda.webcindario.com/gerunda

Is this blue/green issue completely solved or I'm the only one who still has problems to tune it??

Thanks!

MyrddinEmrys
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MyrddinEmrys » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 pm

MyrddinEmrys wrote:
That godda...ed grey areas still appear :(

This is the web, if u want to see it in action:

http://provagerunda.webcindario.com/gerunda

Is this blue/green issue completely solved or I'm the only one who still has problems to tune it??

Thanks!
Well!! I reply myself again, with good news... everything works fine now!!

How?? Using the ja-sosdmenu.css of previous version of joomla.

So, for those 1.5.7 workers who want to use the blue style with hornav and JAMoo dropdown style, I attach the two files needed.

Hope this helps!!

P.D: Thanks to urednik for his valuable help in this matter

mtupstairs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Menu Type (Header Menu) Gone

Post by mtupstairs » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:42 pm

In my quest to customize my page, I was having some issues and found this post and I found that it did not seem to get a lot of attention. I think this is a very critical piece of information.
romszone_com wrote:My friend and I had the same issue. What ever menu you want to be at the top, Change "Position" to "hornav". Then under "Advanced Parameters", remove "-nav" from "Menu Class Suffix" and add "_menu" to "Module Class Suffix". Also make sure "Menu Style" is set to "List"
The purity template treats -nav and _menu very differently and which one you have set for a module in the hornav position can drastically change the visual appearance and behaviors. In addition, the two are not 100% independent of each other. So, for those customizing the Purity template be aware:
  • There is code for both ja-mainnav and ja-mainnav xx.menu
  • The code for each can appear in more than one style sheet
  • The code at times over laps (the most common instance I found was borders and it took me forever to realize that border from ja-mainnav setting were appearing in ADDITION to borders I had set in .menu portion
My apologies if this is all common knowledge to everyone. I will be the first to admit I am a self taught Joomla and CSS newb. I just thought it might help others to know a few things I learned from hours of trial and error. You can see my project at http://www.bgknights.com and I open to critique from the experts in the community. Hope this helps someone.

Update: I should also add, I did not download the new files in this post as I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that I had the latest ones since I have Joomla 1.5.8 and because I had done so much customization already. Perhaps some of what I mentioned above is different in the new files. I don't know. ;)

Regards,
Rob
No book ever taught me what trial and error has ..... on the other hand, things tend to take me twice as long to finish.

http://www.bgknights.com

blu8503
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by blu8503 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 pm

I noticed the same thing on mine. I kept trying to reinstall 1.5.4 thinking it was my ftp's fault. But I also noticed that something seemed to be missing in the template module on the admin side. I downloaded just the template (v1.2.0) from this link.

http://www.joomlart.com/contest/ja_purity.zip

I then transferred just the template to my site by ftp. (I didn't transfer the folder admin and the file en-GB.tpl_ja_purity.ini because I was unsure where they go. If anyone knows that would be helpful.) When I did that, the text directions showed up on the admin side that explained the templates features as well as how to setup the horz. menu.

Not sure if there is something missing from the update patch 1.5.3 to 1.5.4, but the only thing that worked was downloading just the template.

Hope that is helpful.

Hey everyone this is the fix!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diogenes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Diogenes » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 am

Ran into this upgrading from 1.5.6 to 1.5.10.

My solution: since I backed up the site before upgrading, I simply re-uploaded the JA_Purity template folder as a whole from the backup via FTP.

edit: had to make a change to the template.css file in the .contenttoc class, adding the line "float: right;" to keep the menu from pushing the TOC of multi-page articles to the right of ALL content.

explodedk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by explodedk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:09 pm

i got it worked out just by doing the -nav thing. but i have another problem also with the blue/green style thou its not the menu since i got it sorted with this fix...

the buttons around the page (login box - and newsletter signup) are still grey as the default theme is (see screenshot)

where can i change this into the bluish colors used throughout everything else...

thx in advanced...

blu8503
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by blu8503 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:48 pm

If it were me (which it wouldn't cause I think the grey on blue looks good) I would go to the template in the back-end and edit css template.css and search for button and start messing with the html color codes and see what happens..... worth a shot you can always change them back

KevinDavis004
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by KevinDavis004 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:34 pm

I seem to be having some issues with the template. I used the new css and I put in the fix and yet I'm still getting a gray on green menu bar.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

rungrang
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rungrang » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:59 am

thanks for knowledge

blu8503
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by blu8503 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:05 am

KevinDavis004 wrote:I seem to be having some issues with the template. I used the new css and I put in the fix and yet I'm still getting a gray on green menu bar.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Are you talking about the drop downs from the top menu bar...if you are search the forum this has been discussed at another location....

KevinDavis004
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by KevinDavis004 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:19 pm

blu8503 wrote:
KevinDavis004 wrote:I seem to be having some issues with the template. I used the new css and I put in the fix and yet I'm still getting a gray on green menu bar.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Are you talking about the drop downs from the top menu bar...if you are search the forum this has been discussed at another location....

Yes...

vision2020la
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vision2020la » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Somebody posted the solution upper here. You just need to get the original template files (the style.css under the header/blue or green or any other color and the original teplate.css)

If you have everything geniune then put -nav in the "menu class suffix" (Module manager, main manu, advanced settings)

Good Luck

hearingv
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Menu Type (Header Menu) Gone

Post by hearingv » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:24 am

romszone_com wrote:My friend and I had the same issue. What ever menu you want to be at the top, Change "Position" to "hornav". Then under "Advanced Parameters", remove "-nav" from "Menu Class Suffix" and add "_menu" to "Module Class Suffix". Also make sure "Menu Style" is set to "List"
Thanks for that, it worked a treat, my top menu is now back where it should be

hearingv
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by hearingv » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 pm

Jenny wrote:Download the above files.
Rename the blue one to style.css. Use that file to overwrite the style.css in the folder named blue in the header folder.

Repeat the above step with the green.
I tried to do this, in the file manager of the cpanel, and it just saved the file seperately as a style.css.txt file ?

IS there another place I have to overwrite it, or do I need to do manually somewhere.

hearingv
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by hearingv » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:58 pm

No need to answer re the css file upload
I found by putting the _nav in the menu class suffix and the _ menu in the module class suffix of the Top menu in Advanced Paramters everything is perfectly green.

I then discovered how to create a sub menu
click on the Top Menu, create a new menu item, and change the parent item to the one you want it to drop down from, and voila!! It is working just how I wanted it to.

It has only taken me all morning....

Marga
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Marga » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:46 pm

If you haven't tried this already try using https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60 or Chrome tool "Developer" is the 1st step to finding out what the problem is? The website http://css-tricks.com/ is a good place to go for CSS problems advice

smnkrblt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by smnkrblt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:13 pm

mkaz wrote:The template contest was started in order to choose the third template to be included with the standard Joomla installation.
Ja_purity won.

Yesterday I downloaded the new 1.5.3 Stable Full Package and ja_purity is still not included in the package.
The only thing that changed since the end of the contest is the addition of this forum.

For somebody just joining or choosing Joomla, ja_purity exposure will be almost nil. It's not included in the package, I don't think the doc's mention it and it's getting harder and harder to find.
On the JoomlArt site it disappeared totally since it's neither a paid template nor the 'normal' free template for Joomlart.
I could not find it hosted on joomla.org. No updates or doc's about matching Joomla versions.

After this rather long intro, my short question:

Is ja_purity going to be included in the package? Will it be supported and updated to match each Joomla version? Will it be 'equalized' to the other 2 templates included in Joomla?

Best regards,
Michael
Thank you .

meddu
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by meddu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 pm

Thanks for the files!!! very useful

princessfiona_2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Help with ja_purity hornav customisation

Post by princessfiona_2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi people

Is anybody able to assist me with an issue I'm having with creating a second menu just below hornav (I've created hornav2)? You can view what I've done at http://www.sciencefestival.com.au - my problem is that it is not fluid like hornav - even though I used exactly the same css (apart from colour changes). Also - the child menu had a left padding of 20px, which I removed to get it aligned to the left properly. I think this and the fluidity problem are possibly related issues.

You can see my full post on this at: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 5#p2165175

Any help would be marvellous - as I'm sure it has a simple solution - ie - something is controlling it outside ja-sosdmenu.css and I'd love to know what it is.

I convene the Canberra Joomla User Group and shared the problem with the group last meeting - it'd be cool to let them know what the fix is.

Thanks in anticipation

Princess Fiona

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”