Change logo size!! for God sakes!

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
jbone32
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Change logo size!! for God sakes!

Post by jbone32 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:34 am

Ive been trying for 8 hours to get the size changed on a custom logo!

It is for the perhelian rockettheme I dont want to use theyre text option.

I have made my own png with a size of 320 x 67 and uploaded it to my server and it gets cut off on the sides?

I deleted the files 1 by 1 and found out the logo was under a file called blank.gif which now that it is deleted has a marked out x and a invisible square restraining my new log...what gives how can you make a custom logo that will proportionally match these templates?

GameDaddy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Change logo size!! for God sakes!

Post by GameDaddy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:04 pm

You'll likely find instructions for loading the logo in the index.php file, or in one of the *.css cascading style sheets (in one of the template subfolders for the template you are using) depending on how the template was constructed.

I think RocketTheme templates are commercial, so I don't have a template handy I could review, otherwise I would tell you more.

jbone32
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jbone32 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 pm

There is no info on this in the template tutorials , Only how to change the text on the logo, Im trying to resize the logo.png to the size of my new logo and it gets cropped off.

Does anyone know where the code is to resize the logo?

jbone32
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jbone32 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:15 pm

I got it!!!..note the time of the posts how long it took..lol :D

First you find the template css file (templates\your template name here\template_.css.css and open with dreamweaver click top corner tab (edit) click (find and replace) search for (logo) line 367 and 368 change to your dimension size...save file...upload file to the same folder...confirm replace and refresh your page..there it is :p

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”