Articles not center align

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
HarryMatter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Articles not center align

Post by HarryMatter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 am

My articles disappear off the right of the screen. I'm using ja_purity. Do you know how to make article text wrap?

tallfellow
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tallfellow » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:43 pm

HELP

I cannot center a table in rhuk mulky way. It is in an article. I edit article using html. I have tried typing <CENTER> before <TABLE> with a </CENTER> after </TABLE> but the center tag disappears and the table (form) stays left aligned. My form is auto generated by my autoresponder (which is a seperate service not integrated with joomla.

This is the CODE:

<table style="border: 1px solid #000000;" border="0" cellspacing="40" bgcolor="#3b5999">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="text-align: left;"><strong><span style="color: #FFFFFF;">Where do I send your free reports on self esteem?</span></strong><br /><br /> <form style="text-align: left;" action="http://MYDNS.COM/FILEFOLDER/s.php" method="GET"> <strong><span style="color: #FFFFFF;">First Name:</span></strong><br /><br /> <input style="background-color: #ffffff;" maxlength="20" name="f" size="40" type="text" /><br /> <strong><span style="color: #FFFFFF;">Last Name:</span></strong><br /><br /> <input style="background-color: #ffffff;" maxlength="20" name="l" size="40" type="text" /> <br /><br /> <strong><span style="color: #FFFFFF;">Email address:</span></strong><br /> <input style="background-color: #ffffff;" maxlength="50" name="e" size="40" type="text" /> <input name="submit" src="../FILEFOLDER/images/go-button.gif" type="image" value="Submit" /><br /> <input name="r" type="hidden" value="1" /> <input name="a" type="hidden" value="sub" /> <input name="ref" type="hidden" value="none" /> <br /> <span style="color: #FFFFFF;"> <input checked="checked" name="h" type="RADIO" value="1" /> </span> <strong><span style="color: #FFFFFF;">I hate spam as much as you do.<br /> I will never give your email address to anyone, ever.</span></strong><br /> </form></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

I read some posts about changing css, I tried that, but i have never changed a css file and was afraid. So I would need fairly specific instructions if I have to do that.

Thanks in advance.

drmmr763
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by drmmr763 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:40 am

erm to center a table you could just write:

<table align="center">
--stuff--
</table>
-Chad Windnagle
Please use the search feature as your question might already have been answered.

http://www.s-go.net/ ~ Website Hosting - Strategic Marketing - Website Development - Print Work

tallfellow
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tallfellow » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:59 pm

ugh I spent over an hour on that. I had tried the align thingy about a million different ways. It finally worked for this noob. Thanks

themegolith
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by themegolith » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Adding this to my css file worked for me. Depending on your setup it may or may not work for you but for me it centered my article table, allows text to center to entire page, and keeps the print and email document button aligned to upper right corner. Also search your document for this existing code set to a different alignment and set it to center so that you don't end up with a conflict.

Code: Select all

/* Sets article alignment */
div.clearpad {float:center;padding:0 0px 15px 0px;}
Hope this helps.

esnyder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by esnyder » Thu May 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Help! I just read through this posting to try and solve my aligning problems! Here is my home page! http://www.todaysenergystore.com/

I can't get the images and text to align in the center when I view it in the browser! I have them placed in a table to try and format them correctly but it the browser the show up as aligning to the left and with no cell padding or spacing!

Any ideas?

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”