Trouble with Iridium template from Rockettheme

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Ninjanja
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Trouble with Iridium template from Rockettheme

Post by Ninjanja » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to make the rokstories modul and the menu work in Iridium template from Rockettheme, but I just can't make it look like the one they display at their site.
Pics added to point out the issue.
what I want.jpg
what I get.jpg
Help? :'(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Trouble with Iridium template from Rockettheme

Post by ranwilli » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:05 am

Rockettheme has active support forums... Always best to ask there for support.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

cwhitlock
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cwhitlock » Fri May 14, 2010 4:00 pm

I am having the same problem on www.kingcatmusic.com. I was a member there, and the support was not good. I never heard from them about my issue.

Did you ever figure it out?

Connie Whitlock
[email protected]

jamman14
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jamman14 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:00 am

Hi,

I know its a long process but i have the same template and had the same problem unistall the template re-install WITH sample data adn change the articles one by one and also the menu names titles etc one by one until it looks the way you want,

sorry if i wasnt clear but this sorted it out for me, also make sure all the nessacry modules are ENABLED.

:geek:

Chamira Athauda
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Chamira Athauda » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:37 am

A lot of commercial templates use all manner of tweaks and cheats to get the look them have in a demo.

I say cheats because you expect certain display items to be replicated easily but you find out they require the addition of inline CSS (inserted without the use of WYSIWYG editors, because the code is not valid!) &etc &etc.

Also, RocketTheme templates are very complex and usually need many of their extensions to be separately installed, on the Iridium theme there are 10 of these RocketTheme extensions. You can see all this on the live demo site, under the 'Extensions' menu item: http://demo.rockettheme.com/live/joomla/iridium/

On this template I would assume the modules have to contain Class names and the template CSS will style them correctly, for example:
  • - In the Module edit screen > Advanced Tab > you will find ' Module Class Suffix'
    - Using Firebug, look at the CSS of the live version of the demo site and see if these modules have extra Class names.
There is usually a lot of documentation for each template, start here: http://demo.rockettheme.com/live/joomla ... stallation

As jamman14 has pointed out install the the full demo version on your site and remove the things you don't need.

You may find that is a bit messy and time consuming, so what I usually do is install the full demo version locally or on a sub-directory of my website. Then I have some thing to compare against and investigate!

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”