Changing the font size of the header

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
zonkd
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Changing the font size of the header

Post by zonkd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:04 pm

The header font size is the same as the headlines, which encourages me to not have a header for the site - schoollaners.org

But on this neighbourhood site, it has a role to play. Calling it the 'smallest website in the world' helps to counter the fact that it must be heading in that direction.

I can't find which of part of CSS controls it. Hopefully, forum experts will recognise exactly the place to change the font down quite a few notches.

Be grateful for some advice, please, experts.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Changing the font size of the header

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Your site is using "cufon", where each word is turned into a text image rather then regular text. I have looked at a site like this before and found no way to alter test size using CSS. I don't know how "cufon" is implemented but maybe it has its own settings somewhere in your template, or there could be settings in cufon's JavaScript file.

zonkd
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Changing the font size of the header

Post by zonkd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:39 pm

That is new to me, dpacadmin, and thanks very much for pointing it out. No wonder so little of the innards made sense, although for a gardening community the template looks good, and very suitable.
Well, if the system is unorthodox, then the answer might be to use unorthodox ways.
I want the words 'smallest website in the world' around the masthead, so I've just dropped the message into the index page. Job done. It works.
There seems to be quite a lot about cufon on the net.
Thanks very much for the info.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”