Multiple Template Problem

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
mgleach
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Multiple Template Problem

Post by mgleach » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi, I am running joomla 1.5 with the latest release of virtuemart 1.1. I have two templates. One is assigned just to the homepage and the other template is assigned to all the other pages. When I have all pages assigned to just the one template the shipping within virtuemart works fine. When I have 1 template assigned for the homepage and another template assigned to the rest of the site, it crashes and sends me back to the homepage. Any idea why? Are there any work arounds?
Thanks,
Mike

africanshox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Multiple Template Problem

Post by africanshox » Sun May 11, 2008 10:34 am

hi did you find the solution to this problem? im aslo having the same issue when using more than one template with Virtuemart..during checkout, step 2 always crashes back to the front page.

anyone have any insight in to this issue?

mgleach
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mgleach » Mon May 12, 2008 8:14 am

The issue concerns the code on the "next"button. The link it sends you to contains index.php which has a different template attached to it. The only way I could see to work around it is to re-program the code within virtuemart itself. Somebody did say that joomla 1.5 does have a few issues with multiple templates. The way I have worked round it is to create an html page for the home page and then have my joomla site with 1 template assigned. Sorry I can't be more help.

africanshox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by africanshox » Mon May 12, 2008 6:00 pm

mgleach wrote:The issue concerns the code on the "next"button. The link it sends you to contains index.php which has a different template attached to it. The only way I could see to work around it is to re-program the code within virtuemart itself. Somebody did say that joomla 1.5 does have a few issues with multiple templates. The way I have worked round it is to create an html page for the home page and then have my joomla site with 1 template assigned. Sorry I can't be more help.

does your home page contain modules such as featured products or latest products? if so how did you do this?

mgleach
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mgleach » Mon May 12, 2008 6:28 pm

No I'm afraid not. There is no joomla content on the homepage. It's not a great workaround but one I could make work for my situation.

chetanmadaan
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by chetanmadaan » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Chetan Madaan - JM-Experts
http://www.Jm-Experts.com

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”