Page 56 of 61

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:46 am
by yvolk
riccardosl wrote:Why i can't see a clear Captcha image after the comments login ?

Wich plugin do you use for captcha?
It's KeyCAPTCHA for Joomla! 1.6
Please read more on the yvComment's Homepage (search for 'Captcha'...)

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:01 am
by vtgav
@yvolk thanks for the prompt repsonse ! I'll follow your suggestions and check this out, thanks, Gav

Re: yvComment - User permissions

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am
by vtgav
yvolk wrote:
vtgav wrote:I am trying out the J1.6 version but am having a small problem here.

I have disabled the option of guests commenting, and assumed that registered users would be able to create comments, but they can't ?!? higher level users ( authors, admins etc. ) can comment OK but 'simple' registered users do not get the option on an article to create a comment ??

I have searched the install /config notes but have not seen what to do.

Can you please advise what I have to do to allow any registered user to comment on articles ?

Apologies if the information is there and I am too dumb to see it !

thanks in advance,
Gav
Hi Gav,
Starting from v.2.0.003 yvComment uses ACLs (of com_content component, it's "Category for comments" and of Comments as "articles" ) to authorize the actions: Add (Create), Edit, Publish (Edit state) and Delete comments.
So what does this mean? :)
1. Please read the "ACL Tutorial for Joomla 1.6"
2. For your current situation:
- you have users, who are members of one User group: "Registered"
- by default users of this group can't "Create" Articles. Comments are (type of) articles also, so these users are not allowed to add comments.
- You want these users to be able to add comments but not other types of content, so you set permissions on one Category and not on the whole 'com_content' component (not for all Articles...):
in the Menu go to the:
Content->Category Manager->Edit category which is configured as your "Category for Comments" (for this Type of comments..., e.g. for "Comments Type 1")
For the "Registered" user group, "Create" Action set "Allowed" permission (in the "Select New Setting" column).
Hi, I've tried this out by changing the permissions as you suggest ( I think ) and its now a little strange ! when I go to an article the comment form appears, and I can fill it in and 'post'. It then shows it listed beneath the article ( so far so good ! ) but if I go to another page and back to the article the comment is not there ! also if I use the back end to see the comments, again it is not there - so it seems to be creating it in a strange way and then throwing it away ?!? as though there is another permission required for *something* ?!?

Gav

Re: yvComment - User permissions

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:18 am
by yvolk
vtgav wrote:
yvolk wrote:
vtgav wrote:I am trying out the J1.6 version but am having a small problem here.

I have disabled the option of guests commenting, and assumed that registered users would be able to create comments, but they can't ?!? higher level users ( authors, admins etc. ) can comment OK but 'simple' registered users do not get the option on an article to create a comment ??

I have searched the install /config notes but have not seen what to do.

Can you please advise what I have to do to allow any registered user to comment on articles ?

Apologies if the information is there and I am too dumb to see it !

thanks in advance,
Gav
Hi Gav,
Starting from v.2.0.003 yvComment uses ACLs (of com_content component, it's "Category for comments" and of Comments as "articles" ) to authorize the actions: Add (Create), Edit, Publish (Edit state) and Delete comments.
So what does this mean? :)
1. Please read the "ACL Tutorial for Joomla 1.6"
2. For your current situation:
- you have users, who are members of one User group: "Registered"
- by default users of this group can't "Create" Articles. Comments are (type of) articles also, so these users are not allowed to add comments.
- You want these users to be able to add comments but not other types of content, so you set permissions on one Category and not on the whole 'com_content' component (not for all Articles...):
in the Menu go to the:
Content->Category Manager->Edit category which is configured as your "Category for Comments" (for this Type of comments..., e.g. for "Comments Type 1")
For the "Registered" user group, "Create" Action set "Allowed" permission (in the "Select New Setting" column).
Hi, I've tried this out by changing the permissions as you suggest ( I think ) and its now a little strange ! when I go to an article the comment form appears, and I can fill it in and 'post'. It then shows it listed beneath the article ( so far so good ! ) but if I go to another page and back to the article the comment is not there ! also if I use the back end to see the comments, again it is not there - so it seems to be creating it in a strange way and then throwing it away ?!? as though there is another permission required for *something* ?!?

Gav
Hi, maybe you didn't notice something like this: "Thank you, your comment was successfully added, but it will remain invisible until site Administrator will check and approve it."
- If so, set 'Immediately publish comments' to 'Yes for registered' ...
- You may try to see and publish your comment from the backend. (Components->yvComment-> Comments)
- Set "Debug security" option of yvComment to 'Yes' to see more information about permissions.

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:37 am
by Hartzell
Can you say something about my issue yvolk?

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:51 am
by yvolk
Hartzell wrote:Can you say something about my issue yvolk?
I thought you've found the answer:
Hartzell wrote:I found my problem.
The last lines in article default.php looked like this...

<?php echo $this->item->event->afterDisplayContent; ?>
</div>
<span class="article_separator">&nbsp;</span>
<?php echo $this->item->event->afterDisplayContent; ?>
</div>
</div>
If someone encounter the same problem...
As I understand, this layout is part of that "JSN Epic template" which you are trying to use.
And the layout has a bug that you found.
So you can simply delete one of the two duplicating lines ?!

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:15 am
by riccardosl
yvolk wrote:
riccardosl wrote:Why i can't see a clear Captcha image after the comments login ?

Wich plugin do you use for captcha?
It's KeyCAPTCHA for Joomla! 1.6
Please read more on the yvComment's Homepage (search for 'Captcha'...)
i installed KeyCaptcha in joomla 1.5 but the image is not very simple to understand...

There is some plugin generate better captcha images?

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:25 am
by yvolk
riccardosl wrote:
yvolk wrote:
riccardosl wrote:Why i can't see a clear Captcha image after the comments login ?

Wich plugin do you use for captcha?
It's KeyCAPTCHA for Joomla! 1.6
Please read more on the yvComment's Homepage (search for 'Captcha'...)
i installed KeyCaptcha in joomla 1.5 but the image is not very simple to understand...

There is some plugin generate better captcha images?
If we are talking about Joomla! v.1.5 you have two more options for Captcha, please read yvComment for Joomla! 1.5 page for the links/description.

Re: yvComment - User permissions

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:10 am
by vtgav
yvolk wrote: Hi, maybe you didn't notice something like this: "Thank you, your comment was successfully added, but it will remain invisible until site Administrator will check and approve it."
- If so, set 'Immediately publish comments' to 'Yes for registered' ...
- You may try to see and publish your comment from the backend. (Components->yvComment-> Comments)
- Set "Debug security" option of yvComment to 'Yes' to see more information about permissions.

I checked again trying to create a comment on an article and got this with the debug security on :-

Not Allowed: "core.edit.state"; asset="com_content.category.106"; ItemID=0; type=1
Allowed: "core.create"; asset="com_content.category.106"; ItemID=106; type=1
ArticleID="98"; AddAllowedForArticle="1";
AddAllowedForArticle="1";
Allowed: "core.create"; stored; ItemID=106; type=1

and also comments are enabled to go through immediately ( without a check )

I don't know if the above helps in any way ??

thanks for your help anyways,
Gav

Re: yvComment - User permissions

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 am
by yvolk
vtgav wrote:
yvolk wrote: Hi, maybe you didn't notice something like this: "Thank you, your comment was successfully added, but it will remain invisible until site Administrator will check and approve it."
- If so, set 'Immediately publish comments' to 'Yes for registered' ...
- You may try to see and publish your comment from the backend. (Components->yvComment-> Comments)
- Set "Debug security" option of yvComment to 'Yes' to see more information about permissions.

I checked again trying to create a comment on an article and got this with the debug security on :-

Not Allowed: "core.edit.state"; asset="com_content.category.106"; ItemID=0; type=1
Allowed: "core.create"; asset="com_content.category.106"; ItemID=106; type=1
ArticleID="98"; AddAllowedForArticle="1";
AddAllowedForArticle="1";
Allowed: "core.create"; stored; ItemID=106; type=1

and also comments are enabled to go through immediately ( without a check )

I don't know if the above helps in any way ??

thanks for your help anyways,
Gav
Please try to find this new comment in the backend:
- is it published?
- what's the difference between this comment and comment added by e.g. "Author"
- What are permissions on this "article" (see them in article manager - select the comment-article...)

yvComment on Joomla 1.7 ?

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm
by iDanny
Hi,

Just tried to install the component, the plugins, the module and the french pack on a new Joomla 1.7 install. The installation went well.

Although the "Content - yvComment" has been published and configured to display in any category/article, it doesnt?

Frontend:
http://new.6degres.ca/index.php/fr/conc ... -ecommerce

I've attached a screenshot of the back end configuration

Thanks for your help
Danny

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:31 pm
by yvolk
@iDanny 1. Try to start from logging in to the frontend as Admin.
2. Turn Debug and Debug security On...

[SOLVED] Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm
by Meditant
Hello, i have a probleme with the version 2.03 on joomla 1.6.4, with 1.6.3 all work great but with the upgrade to 1.6.4 nothing works (plugins et module) ????

Could you help me

Thanks

Its OK a problem a ACL :-)

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.6

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:29 pm
by Beata
My Joomla is 1,6
I have installed : component, module and 2 plugins
I have created category "Comments"
I have indicated this category in plugin

I don't see some interface of comments at all

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:32 pm
by Meditant
i thinks you have the same probleme like me, change the acl of your category "comments" to "create" for registered.

Best regards

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 am
by damm
Hi, first is a really good component , great and easy.
But i got a error and dont know why , need help, please !!
Here the problem, on localhost is working fine no problem but when i put online i got this message :

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/24/d240558573/htdocs/update/components/com_yvcomment/models/comment.php on line 145

Here the php:

// Article, commented by this comment
function & getArticle() {
$yvComment = &yvCommentHelper::getInstance($this->CommentTypeId);

$row = null;

if ((!$this->_ArticleRow) and $this->_ArticleID != 0) {
********** $this->_ArticleRow->id = $this->_ArticleID;************** line 145
$this->_ArticleRow = null;

try {
// The code is based on
// 'components/com_content/models/article.php', getItem function
$db = $this->getDbo();
$query = $db->getQuery(true);

$query->select('a.*');
$query->from('#__content AS a');

// Join on category table.
$query->select('c.access AS category_access');
$query->join('LEFT', '#__categories AS c on c.id = a.catid');

$query->where('a.id = ' . (int) $this->_ArticleID);

$db->setQuery($query);

$data = $db->loadObject();

if ($error = $db->getErrorMsg()) {
throw new Exception($error);
}

if (empty($data)) {
return JError::raiseError(404,JText::_('COM_CONTENT_ERROR_ARTICLE_NOT_FOUND'));
}
Thank for all help

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:49 am
by Beata
Meditant wrote:i thinks you have the same probleme like me, change the acl of your category "comments" to "create" for registered.

Best regards

Thank you, Meditant,

It helped me as well

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:49 pm
by jylaneclark
I installed the yvcomment for Joomla 1.6 vs. 2.0.3 and now I have no administrator, everything has been disabled in the back end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't access anything.

I have tried uninstalling it and still no change.

I'm using Joomla 1.6.3

Please see attached.

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:53 am
by Beata
jylaneclark wrote:I installed the yvcomment for Joomla 1.6 vs. 2.0.3 and now I have no administrator, everything has been disabled in the back end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't access anything.

I have tried uninstalling it and still no change.

I'm using Joomla 1.6.3

Please see attached.

Try delete through FTP. If it is not allowed, go to CPanel and if it is Apache, Reset ownership for those directories, - than you can delete

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:06 pm
by tomzio
Beata wrote:
Meditant wrote:i thinks you have the same probleme like me, change the acl of your category "comments" to "create" for registered.

Best regards

Thank you, Meditant,

It helped me as well
It works for me too. Thx.

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 pm
by EvdK
Hey people,

Thanks for the great module. I used it before on Joomla 1.5 and it worked like a charm.

But with 1.6 it gave me a little trouble. After upgrading to 1.6.3 (as recommended) I did get it working. But I can't seem to make guest users post a comment. In 1.5 I already added a guest user etc.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Cheers,

EvdK

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 am
by joomir
in joomla Version 1.6.3 Back-end view of comments edit and delete buttons does not shown. what is problem?

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:37 am
by yvolk
joomir wrote:in joomla Version 1.6.3 Back-end view of comments edit and delete buttons does not shown. what is problem?
I see two possible causes:
1. yvComment reuses Joomla's stock images for buttons.
Maybe your installation doesn't have some files.
(See HTML source of the page to figure out what's missed)
2. Permissions. Turn yvComment's "Debug Security" on to get a clue ...

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:01 pm
by EvdK
I gave my guest users (authors) the permission to create and that solved my problem!

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 pm
by Beata
Translation of yvcomment don't work for me

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:23 pm
by btothertotheent
I am running J1.6.4 almost a totally fresh install. Just installed a template, and feedgator, thats it (unfortunately not akeeba yet :( )

So I installed the component, module, plugin, and the 2ndary plugin. Enabled the first plugin and all of a sudden when I go back a page I get this error:
Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /home/nngirlfr/public_html/adreviews.tk/components/com_yvcomment/helpers.php on line 140
It happens on the front end when I click to view a category list view (not the frontpage but of note, I currently have no articles on the frontpage).

I also get an error on the backend when I try to open the component or disable the plugin I enabled:
Fatal error: Call to a member function isAdmin() on a non-object in /home/nngirlfr/public_html/adreviews.tk/components/com_yvcomment/helpers.php on line 1639
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:37 am
by lindesay
Hi guys

I'm creating a site that will have some a few articles, but the majority of the site will be dynamically pages created from a database depending on the alias that is passed through. So far so good.

yvcomments looks very good too and I've got that working on the article pages. I can't figure out how to get comments working on my dynamic pages though. I'd like each "alias" to have its own set of comments, just like each static article will have its own comments.

I've been looking through the code for yvcomments, dispatcher and com_article and can't seem to work out how to make my module get any comments.

Has anyone done something like this?

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:52 pm
by Nuzzina
When YVComment for Joomla 1.7?

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:13 pm
by Denn1s
Hi Yuri --

Thank you for the great plugin.

I do have one issue I'm trying to work out. I run an online newspaper, and what I need to have happen is, when an article or comment is commented on, the editor needs to be emailed (as opposed to the author of the article / comment). Additionally, I'd like the author/commenter to be emailed only after the comment's been approved.

Any suggestions?

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:37 pm
by christian15213
does yvComment work with K2? is there a connector?