yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cvrak
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Post by cvrak » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Joenet wrote:No, seems you have not read everything. Otherwise you would have seen this
(3. Preparing for configuration):
2. If you plan to enable guests (visitors, unregistered users...) to post comments:
  • Create special 'Guest user', who will become (from Joomla's point of view) Author of all comments, created by different guests (guests are not themselves registered users of Joomla!). Joomla! doesn't have built-in 'Guest user account' (Guest user) to impersonate guests, so you have to create such user yourself:
    e.g. (in the backend menu->'Site'->'User Manager'->Click 'New' button) create user with 'Name'='Guest user' and 'Username'='guest'.
  • Guest user has to be in the Author group.
  • If you plan to edit comments with Joomla! built-in editor, this 'Guest user' should be enabled.

Just for testing, when I enabled guests to publish comments, it worked. But, when I login the problem appears again, no yvcomment is displaying!!
Also, I don't want to enable guest to publish any comments, only the registered users.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:45 am

cvrak wrote:
Joenet wrote:No, seems you have not read everything. Otherwise you would have seen this
(3. Preparing for configuration):
2. If you plan to enable guests (visitors, unregistered users...) to post comments:
  • Create special 'Guest user', who will become (from Joomla's point of view) Author of all comments, created by different guests (guests are not themselves registered users of Joomla!). Joomla! doesn't have built-in 'Guest user account' (Guest user) to impersonate guests, so you have to create such user yourself:
    e.g. (in the backend menu->'Site'->'User Manager'->Click 'New' button) create user with 'Name'='Guest user' and 'Username'='guest'.
  • Guest user has to be in the Author group.
  • If you plan to edit comments with Joomla! built-in editor, this 'Guest user' should be enabled.

Just for testing, when I enabled guests to publish comments, it worked. But, when I login the problem appears again, no yvcomment is displaying!!
Also, I don't want to enable guest to publish any comments, only the registered users.
Hi cvrak, I think the problem is that the logged in User doesn't have permission to add Comments.
Please see Configuring security-related options on the Homepage.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Allow comments on comment-->Threaded comments does not w

Post by yvolk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:57 am

Joenet wrote:Joomla 1.7:

"Allow comments on comment-->Threaded comments" does not work. It is not possible to reply to comments.

Regards
Joe
Hi Joe, I guess writing "does not work" you mean "I don't see "Reply" link for the comment" ?!

Please start from turning "Debug security" option to "On".
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Alternative Captcha for yvComment

Post by yvolk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:49 am

Hello!
Great extension i am trying to set it up on my website, but got stuck with captcha. Is it possible to use other captcha systems other then key kaptcha? I don't like assembling images and i think regular picture read captcha is better for users.
I see that there is Raw image captcha option in plugin settings but when i enable it i get error, probably becouse i don't have any raw image captcha installed. I tryed with some but it seems they don't support yvcomment. Could you tell me if is possible to use Raw image Captcha, and what extension is compatible for this display?
Thx in advance
Hi Borislav, the "Raw image captcha" option is for Captcha plugins that work like these plugins, developed for Joomla! 1.5:
1. BigoCaptcha (see the topic "Bigo Captcha")
2. "OSTWigits - Captcha", http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 91/details.

Unfortunately both these extensions where not adapted for Joomla 1.6
So currently I can not point you to any ready to use alternative Captcha for yvComment.

To be honest, it's not a big deal to update above mentioned packages for Joomla! 1.6. It's far more hard to support them...
Maybe some new developer will make this job for the community, starting from any of these GPLed extensions?!

Joenet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Allow comments on comment-->Threaded comments does not w

Post by Joenet » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi yvolk,
yvolk wrote: Hi Joe, I guess writing "does not work" you mean "I don't see "Reply" link for the comment" ?!
Yes, it was meant. Sorry, but my English is very bad. That is why I write short.

Screenshots:

1) "Debug security" option is "Off":

2) "Debug security" option is "On":

Best Regards
Joe
Lernen ist wie Rudern gegen den Strom; sobald man aufhört, treibt man zurück.
Chinesisches Sprichwort.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi Joe,
As I see in the debug messages, you've set "filter": you've allowed to have comments for some Categories only.
In order to allow Comments on Comments you should add category of Comments to the list of Categories. (Category Id = 10)

Joenet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joenet » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi yvolk,

OK, thank you, it works. Now there remains only the problem with captcha for Joomla 1.7.
Lernen ist wie Rudern gegen den Strom; sobald man aufhört, treibt man zurück.
Chinesisches Sprichwort.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Putting comments into something like {yvcomment}

Post by yvolk » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:45 am

I don't suppose there is a way to insert yvcomment into content itself using some kind of code. Perhaps something like {yvcomment}. The reason I want to do this is because I want to insert YVcomment in a pagebreak. Or is it possible for this to be a feature someday?
Hi Josh,
you are writing about just another way to place yvComment-generated HTML code on a page.
For all not trivial web designer's decisions yvComment has universal approach:
Setting "Position of comments in Article view" option to "Defined by Article template" (read more on the Homepage ...)
After this you can " <?php echo $this->item->comments; ?> " into any place of the page.
Particularly you can search Article's text for "{comments}" and replace it with $this->item->comments

Josh Lewis
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Josh Lewis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:37 am

I very much appreciate this. I'll have to look into it. 8)

sano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sano » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:22 pm

hi
i want to try this extension
but i can't find the 1.7 component link!!!
i found the plugin but where is the component!!!!!!!

sano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sano » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 pm

i installed module,plugin,component
i got this error below an article

This content item (id=4; title='My First Article') is Comment (yvComment thinks so...)), but it has no parent Article (its parentid=0). Please ensure that there are Comments only in this 'Category for comments': category_id=2; category_title='Uncategorised'.

and one more thing where are the admin menus i cant find them

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:28 pm

@sano Please search this topic by the message. This error message was discussed already.

sano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sano » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Thanx for ur reply i fixed it
but i have another question
is there any supported captcha extension for joomla 1.7 other than key captcha because i don't want to have to sign up to any account

sano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sano » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:52 pm

i actually have 2 more questions
does yvcomments have an arabic translation and if not i'd like to volunteer to translate it but u need to give me all the details i need to know cause am kinda new to joomla
the second questions is that what is the easiest way to administrate comments
what i mean is that i don't want to have to check the "comments" category to check for new comments every 5 minutes and if i do it this way i won't be able to figure which comment on which article!!

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 am

Hi @sano, everything is documented ;) :
sano wrote:Thanx for ur reply i fixed it
but i have another question
is there any supported captcha extension for joomla 1.7 other than key captcha because i don't want to have to sign up to any account
Please see http://yurivolkov.com/Joomla/yvComment/ ... ml#Captcha
sano wrote:i actually have 2 more questions
does yvcomments have an arabic translation and if not i'd like to volunteer to translate it but u need to give me all the details i need to know cause am kinda new to joomla
Yes, there are three :) Arabic translations already, please see packages with names starting with "Arabic-" at JoomlaCode-yvComment-Files page.
One of them is for yvComment v.2.xx: "Arabic_Unitag_ar-AA".
In order to create/update translation please follow instructions at this Section: "8. Styles and layout customization, localization (translation)".
sano wrote:the second questions is that what is the easiest way to administrate comments
what i mean is that i don't want to have to check the "comments" category to check for new comments every 5 minutes and if i do it this way i won't be able to figure which comment on which article!!
Please see the "Back-end view of comments" Section of the yvComment's instructions.

mrelusive
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrelusive » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Can someone help me?
When installed yvComment in the article section below the article I recieve this message:

This content item (id=10; title='1222') is Comment (yvComment thinks so...)), but it has no parent Article (its parentid=0). Please ensure that there are Comments only in this 'Category for comments': category_id=13; category_title='Uncategorised'.

I used joomla 1.7

mrelusive
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrelusive » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:56 pm

mrelusive wrote:Can someone help me?
When installed yvComment in the article section below the article I recieve this message:

This content item (id=10; title='1222') is Comment (yvComment thinks so...)), but it has no parent Article (its parentid=0). Please ensure that there are Comments only in this 'Category for comments': category_id=13; category_title='Uncategorised'.

I used joomla 1.7
Problem resolved, it is because not created category for comment.

mrelusive
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrelusive » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Hello again me.
This is great extension. I am do translate, not everything but only things that apear on website.

Only one i can't translate. It is:

Some user said:

I can't find where to rename said: word. ???

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm

mrelusive wrote:Hello again me.
This is great extension. I am do translate, not everything but only things that apear on website.

Some user said:

This word is part of the CSS, so it's not translated. It's inside this file: "\components\com_yvcomment\assets\style004.css"

mrelusive
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrelusive » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:12 pm

yvolk wrote:
mrelusive wrote:Hello again me.

Some user said:

This word is part of the CSS, so it's not translated. It's inside this file: "\components\com_yvcomment\assets\style004.css"
THANKE YOU

vahan403
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vahan403 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi I am new in joomla and have a problem with this component, I will be very appreciate if you will help me.
I use joomla 1.7.0
when i set (Allow comments on comment=Admin reply only) the reply button always appears regardless user is guest or admin and everyone can replay on a comment.
It also has problems with uninstalling, it doesn't drop yvomment Table from database.
I follow all steps carefully in configuring as written in documentation. Is it a bug or I did somthing wrong?

I want to allow to everyone post a comment but reply allowed only administrator.

FindContext: type=1; filter0=article; context=article, Ok
Not Allowed: "core.edit.state"; stored; ItemID=0; type=1
show_comments_on_comment='1'
Allowed: "core.edit.own"; asset="com_content.category.35"; ItemID=0; type=1
Allowed: "core.edit.own"; stored; ItemID=0; type=1

template=listofcomments, parentview=comment, parentoption=com_yvcomment, moduleclass_sfx=, DisplayTo=plugin
Pagination enabled=1; Params=1; ShowPagination=1; moduleclass_sfx=(not set); task=viewdisplay
orderby_pri=rdate
limit=20; limitstart=0; rowstotal=2
Comments (2)
<- commentLevel = 1
Allowed: "core.edit.own"; stored; ItemID=0; type=1
Not Allowed: "core.edit"; asset="com_content.article.86"; ItemID=86; type=1
Not Allowed: "core.delete"; asset="com_content.article.86"; ItemID=86; type=1
Not Allowed: "core.edit.state"; asset="com_content.article.86"; ItemID=86; type=1
Allowed: "core.create"; stored; ItemID=35; type=1
ArticleID="86";
Not Allowed: "core.edit"; asset="com_content.category.35"; ItemID=0; type=1
AddAllowedForArticle="1";

imustbecrazy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by imustbecrazy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:28 pm

25.The three options: "What to show on article page/frontpage/other page" have these values:
"'Comments (n)' text only"
"'Comments (n)' link only"
"Comments of one article"
The options allow you to have, for example:
'Comments (n)' links to comments on the the frontpage and blog pages, and list of comments on the Article page (default settings).
Comments of each Article directly on blog page, below each Article (Set "What to show on frontpage/other page" to "Comments of one article").
No comments on the 'article' view: only the 'Comments(n)' (or 'Add your comment') link that leads to the separate page with the Comments of this Article (Set "What to show on article page" to "'Comments (n)' link only").

Can you explain more please? I see the reply but when a comment is added, it doesn't show up on the original article. I have everything set to Comments of one Article and Show Comments on Comments set to yes. Also have Threaded Comments turned on, levels set to 4 and immediate publishing.

I thought this would show all the comments and comments on comments but they don't even show up on the comment page separately.

I hope you can help. Lots of wonderful things happening!
Thank you!
TJ

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:23 am

@TJ Maybe your comments are not published yet?
Check "Immediately publish comments " option ...

imustbecrazy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by imustbecrazy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:11 pm

I have it set to publish immediately. The first level comments on the article show up with a reply button, but second level ones aren't showing and don't even show up in the comments list. I have the section and category for the comments, listed in the sections/categories that may contain comments. Not all of my sections/categories have comments. This seems to be working fine except for the threaded comments not showing up.

I have the subject line showing and linkable. Do I need this? I would prefer not to show a subject line but understood in the instructions, this is necessary to allow comment on comment. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.
TJ

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:26 pm

@TJ Do you Use Content table for comments? If not threaded comments wouldn't work...

imustbecrazy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by imustbecrazy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Yes. I have it set to use the Content Table

sano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sano » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:38 pm

plz need help
when i install the component i get this error
Error building Admin Menus

sano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sano » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:03 pm

hey guys this is serious situation
i am still getting "error building admin menus"
when i try to install the component

fade2gray
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fade2gray » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:48 pm

sano wrote:hey guys this is serious situation
i am still getting "error building admin menus"
when i try to install the component
It seems you may have suffered an "unclean" uninstall of yvComment at some point.

You need to search for and delete any reference to yvComment in the menu table of your joomla database.
I don't code - I just butcher that of others'.

sano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sano » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:44 pm

i think ur absolutely right with ur conclusion
but could u be more specific on how to fix it cause i haven't edited database directly before

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”