yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
oeor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby oeor » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:17 pm

i got it to work.........instructions should be a little bit clearer.

CDWM
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:23 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby CDWM » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:31 pm

yvolk wrote:This is known incompatibility of 'Captcha delay' javascript code (see it in 'components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php' file). It should be improved to act differently for MSIE and Firefox.
Nobody to date found time for this work ;)

Ah, changing the setting to delay the captcha fixed this issue in Firefox, and I would love to be able to contribute by reworking that javascript, but I am not familiar enough with the language to try and fix it. Perhaps one of my minions....
yvolk wrote:This is by design: formatting is removed, because yvComment shows you only part of the long Article.
You may also change this in the same template file (use 'template override' Joomla! feature for your custom template).

This was easy to fix, and now the comment displays with out the article, and the comments looks as it will be displayed on the article page once it's approved. However, the file 'components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php' is the one I changed, saving it to 'templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php' did not work for me, so I left it in the original location. Will this cause issues with upgrades?

Thank you for all your help, and again, for the outstanding extension!
Website Design and Development: http://WebMakerInc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/webmakerinc

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

yvComment - How to improve instructions?

Postby yvolk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:08 am

oeor wrote:i got it to work.........instructions should be a little bit clearer.

Hi, oeor!
I will be happy to include your additions/corrections to the yvComment's instructions.
Please make life easier for the future users!

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

yvComment - Where to put custom template

Postby yvolk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:18 am

You should put your custom "template override" of this file:
'components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php'
to this location:
'templates/mytemplatename/html/com_yvcomment/comment/default.php'

From the yvComment's Homepage:
yvComment has full support of Joomla!'s "template override" feature for yvCommentPlugin, yvCommentModule and yvCommentComponent, the same as for any of Joomla!'s core components/modules. Accordingly, you may copy e.g. the file 'components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php' to the directory of your template (e.g. 'templates/mytemplatename/html/com_yvcomment/comment/default.php') and customize it, as you wish. Moreover, as you may have different templates for different parts of your site (more precisely: you may assign different templates for different "Menu items" of your Joomla! site), and you may have different templates for yvComment for them.

Q. I cannot find any code in 'components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php' file, which actually display comments
A. This line "displays comments":
echo $yvComment->ShowCommentsOnArticle($parmsv); }
- in fact at this line second template is called (nested template...): components/com_yvcomment/views/listofcomments/tmpl/default.php


Yes, custom templates generally need to be updated, when you upgrade yvComment.
One tip:
In order to easily find places that need to be changed you should compare side-by-side original (unchanged) templates of old and new versions of yvComment. So you will figure out changes for your custom template.

CDWM wrote:
yvolk wrote:This is by design: formatting is removed, because yvComment shows you only part of the long Article.
You may also change this in the same template file (use 'template override' Joomla! feature for your custom template).

This was easy to fix, and now the comment displays with out the article, and the comments looks as it will be displayed on the article page once it's approved. However, the file 'components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php' is the one I changed, saving it to 'templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php' did not work for me, so I left it in the original location. Will this cause issues with upgrades?

Thank you for all your help, and again, for the outstanding extension!
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Edit comment not working

Postby yvolk » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:33 am

Hi Karen! As I can see, you use Comments as a "users profile list"?! I think you better use Community Builder plugin for such (and many other community-related) purposes instead of yvComment. Community builder has exactly this view...

What's about yvComment, I can not tell anything before I can SEE the problem...
kgunnell wrote:Hi Yuri,

Thank you for such an excellent plugin, component and module. I have had to make some changes and put them in as a template override for my solution... I'm using joomla!1.5.8 and yvcomment 1.19.003. My site is http://www.netministries.ie. I am using the comments for a comment box purpose.
All comments relate to one article which is displayed on the front page but hidden. This article is of no importance for viewing.
I am very happy with how it is looking except for when the registered user clicks on edit of their own comment they are directed to a display of the article that the comment belongs to and not the comment. I'm sure I have changed something I shouldn't have. Can you point me in the right direction please of where this code is so I can check it out?
Also, I don't have the trash display in the components comments. I know this has been released in later versions but I am very reluctant to reinstall because of the changes I have made and I will have to do them again.

Thanks,
Karen
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

andyDavids
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:24 am

Re: yvComment module on non com_content page

Postby andyDavids » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm

yvolk wrote:Hi, Andy!
In fact, you found a bug in yvComment:
"yvComment module doesn't work, if yvComment plugin or yvComment component was not loaded"

I found such page on Joomla demo site: it's a page with selected Newsfeed (e.g. "Home >> News Feeds >> Joomla! Announcements")

To fix this, to the file "modules/mod_yvcomment/helpers.php", function modyvcomment():
after these lines:

Code: Select all

 
if (!$yvComment) {
  $Ok = false;
  $path = JPATH_SITE . DS . 'components' . DS . 'com_yvcomment' . DS . 'helpers.php';
  if (file_exists($path)) {
    require_once ($path);
    $yvComment = new yvCommentHelper();
  }
  if ($yvComment) {

please add this line:

Code: Select all

    $Ok = true;


andyDavids wrote:Hi there,

I have just installed yvComment version 1.20.0 and configured it to show 5 of all my recent comments without auto-adjusting to section / category / article and still I don't see a list of comments on my front page or any other page that is not related to the content component.

I want to display in that module the 5 most recent comments no matter what page I'm in at the moment. Can it be done?

thank you,
Andy


thank you :)

palminas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby palminas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:42 am

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been answered previously. I have looked through and searched with Google's site search functionality, but I cannot seem to find an answer. I am sure there must be one that is quite simple which I am overlooking.

I have installed yvcomment and bigocaptcha, and these work beautifully.

On my site, it displays:

ARTICLE TEXT
'Comments'

Then, you click on Comments

Then it shows

ARTICLE TEXT
a listing of all comments
input boxes to add a comment
bigocaptcha

I hope that makes sense. On the first page, it just shows the article and the word 'comments.' You have to click through to see the comments.

How can I make it so that it shows the comments below the article automatically? I want the comment list to just show up beneath the articles, wherever they happen to be, even if I place them on my frontpage.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

syndrael
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:14 am

YVComment and HTTPS

Postby syndrael » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 am

Hello,
I ve some troubles with Internet Explorer if my site is under HTTPS.
A pop up appears after clicking on every link. I think i've found where it is.
When the CSS page is called, it's called by HTTP, not regarding the current protocol.
Could you show which lines have to be modified to include '$this->baseurl' ?
Best regards
S.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:57 am

palminas wrote:Hello,
How can I make it so that it shows the comments below the article automatically? I want the comment list to just show up beneath the articles, wherever they happen to be, even if I place them on my frontpage.

Is this possible?

Thanks.
This was discussed some day ago: please see this topic. One user suggested some "hacks" to the yvComment to show comments on blog pages...
But yvComment doesn't have such option (yet...).

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: YVComment and HTTPS

Postby yvolk » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:03 am

syndrael wrote:Hello,
I ve some troubles with Internet Explorer if my site is under HTTPS.
A pop up appears after clicking on every link. I think i've found where it is.
When the CSS page is called, it's called by HTTP, not regarding the current protocol.
Could you show which lines have to be modified to include '$this->baseurl' ?
Best regards
S.

Please see/debug the file "components/com_yvcomment/helpers.php",
function ContentIDToURL

Please report your findings here.
Thank you!
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

palminas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby palminas » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:05 pm

This was discussed some day ago: please see this topic. One user suggested some "hacks" to the yvComment to show comments on blog pages...
But yvComment doesn't have such option (yet...).


Thanks. I will try again to find it. Much appreciated. Great Joomla addition, by the way! Many thanks for the contribution, you should be proud.

jester7820
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:54 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby jester7820 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:55 am

1st let me send a big thank you for a great module. Fills a big need and has been very stable.

Is it possible to control the redirect to the frontpage? I think the redirect can be confusing
to users as all the text that was around when you clicked post has now changed. Also there are
occasions where you are taken to the front page and then have to scroll down to enter the
owners reply. What I would like to see is that a POST or OWNER REPLY stays on the same
page/article.

I am assuming the behavior would need to be customized. Do you have any tips for a starting
point?

Thank you,

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:37 am

jester7820 wrote:1st let me send a big thank you for a great module. Fills a big need and has been very stable.
Thank you for your opinion... What I still didn't test/optimized is the scalability of yvComment (I mean, millions of comments) that is, of cause, closely connected to the question of Joomla!'s scalability...
jester7820 wrote:Is it possible to control the redirect to the frontpage? I think the redirect can be confusing
to users as all the text that was around when you clicked post has now changed. Also there are
occasions where you are taken to the front page and then have to scroll down to enter the
owners reply. What I would like to see is that a POST or OWNER REPLY stays on the same
page/article.

I am assuming the behavior would need to be customized. Do you have any tips for a starting
point?
I guess you mean that when a User edits comment and so com_yvcomment component works Joomla! works like the User is on the frontpage and not on the page of the Article being commented?!
I think, that this issue was solved in v.1.20.0 of yvComment, but there is no formal description of the algorithm "How Joomla! decides, on what page we are now", so for some articles Joomla! MAY still decide that that we're on the frontpage...
Please look at the fields of the yvComment form in the file "components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php".

Code: Select all

<form name='<?php echo $yvCommentFormName;?>' action='<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_yvcomment');?>' target="_top" method='post'>
  <input type='hidden' name='Itemid' value='<?php echo $yvComment->getComponentItemid();?>' />
  <input type='hidden' name='yvCommentID' value='<?php echo $this->get('yvCommentID'); ?>' />
  <input type='hidden' name='ArticleID' value='<?php echo $this->ArticleID; ?>' />
  <input type='hidden' name='task' value='<?php echo $this->task_next;?>' />
  <input type='hidden' name='view' value='comment' />
  ...

As you may see, I'm trying to send to Joomla 'ItemID' (of current "page")...

Maybe you will find more reliable :) way to stay on the same page. Please post your results here!
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

iguey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby iguey » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi, I am getting a SQL error every time I add a comment, can someone help me figure this out? The extension is working well otherwise, and it even posts the comments and everything. It's just that every time I go to add a comment, right after pressing the "submit" button I get this error between the original article and the comment I've just entered;

Database errors:
Error message: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND jf_content.published=1 AND jf_content.reference_id IN(126) AND jf_cont' at line 4 SQL=SELECT jf_content.reference_field, jf_content.value, jf_content.reference_id, jf_content.original_value FROM jos_jf_content AS jf_content WHERE jf_content.language_id= AND jf_content.published=1 AND jf_content.reference_id IN(126) AND jf_content.reference_table='content'"
SQL="SELECT jf_content.reference_field, jf_content.value, jf_content.reference_id, jf_content.original_value FROM jos_jf_content AS jf_content WHERE jf_content.language_id= AND jf_content.published=1 AND jf_content.reference_id IN(126) AND jf_content.reference_table='content'"

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:19 am

Hi, this SQL statement that causes error message, is generated nor by yvComment nor by Joomla! core.
It looks like you have another extension (that stores its tables with 'jos_jf_' prefix) that works behind the scenes (while yvComment stores new comment to the database) and whose SQL statement is erroneus at your site/configuration...

iguey wrote:Hi, I am getting a SQL error every time I add a comment, can someone help me figure this out? The extension is working well otherwise, and it even posts the comments and everything. It's just that every time I go to add a comment, right after pressing the "submit" button I get this error between the original article and the comment I've just entered;

Database errors:
Error message: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND jf_content.published=1 AND jf_content.reference_id IN(126) AND jf_cont' at line 4 SQL=SELECT jf_content.reference_field, jf_content.value, jf_content.reference_id, jf_content.original_value FROM jos_jf_content AS jf_content WHERE jf_content.language_id= AND jf_content.published=1 AND jf_content.reference_id IN(126) AND jf_content.reference_table='content'"
SQL="SELECT jf_content.reference_field, jf_content.value, jf_content.reference_id, jf_content.original_value FROM jos_jf_content AS jf_content WHERE jf_content.language_id= AND jf_content.published=1 AND jf_content.reference_id IN(126) AND jf_content.reference_table='content'"

syndrael
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:14 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby syndrael » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:28 am

jester7820 wrote:I guess you mean that when a User edits comment and so com_yvcomment component works Joomla! works like the User is on the frontpage and not on the page of the Article being commented?!

I've exactly the same behaviour. Could you try get the return Message after posting.
In my side, you are redirected to the front page only if there is a return message. And not you stay in the article page.
Best regards.
S.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 pm

1. Are you on the frontpage, if you press "Preview" button and there is NO error message?
2. Please see the post: SOLVED joomla 1.5.9 frontpage itemid - Maybe it will help in your case?!
syndrael wrote:
yvolk wrote:I guess you mean that when a User edits comment and so com_yvcomment component works Joomla! works like the User is on the frontpage and not on the page of the Article being commented?!

I've exactly the same behaviour. Could you try get the return Message after posting.
In my side, you are redirected to the front page only if there is a return message. And not you stay in the article page.
Best regards.
S.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

xerix32
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby xerix32 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:28 pm

I fount a bug (I think, correct me if not :laugh: )

I've posted it (with files) in your bugtracker, ID: 15155, here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/yvcomment/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=15155.

BUG Description
Joomla: 1.5.9
yvCommentComponent: 1.20.000
yvSmileyPlugin: 1.03.001

If you want to disable this function, in comments there are no smiles too!

I try to activate "whole page" and disactivate "Enable Smiley replacements for the text of Articles", but with no fortune...

Finally, I've read a few of documentation and I replace single line of code in 2 files to correct the problem:

FILES:
components\com_yvcomment\views\comment\tmpl\default_item.php - row 93
components\com_yvcomment\views\listofcomments\tmpl\default.php - row 275

"OLD" CODE:

Code: Select all

<div class='Fulltext'><?php echo $item->text; ?></div>


NEW CODE:

Code: Select all

<div class='Fulltext'>
<?php $fulltext = $item->text;
     $mainframe->triggerEvent('onSmiley_RenderText', array (& $fulltext) );
     echo $fulltext;   ?>
</div>


Tell me if it can help or it's only my problem!
Sorry for my english ;)

syndrael
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:14 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby syndrael » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:33 am

yvolk wrote:1. Are you on the frontpage, if you press "Preview" button and there is NO error message?
2. Please see the post: SOLVED joomla 1.5.9 frontpage itemid - Maybe it will help in your case?!


1.Sorry but No
2.Sorry but no "Item=1"

Let's investigate again.. ;-)

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 am

I think this is too hard type of debugging :laugh:
Seriously: debug it yourself or give me admin access to the site with this error, so I may check/debug myself...
syndrael wrote:
yvolk wrote:1. Are you on the frontpage, if you press "Preview" button and there is NO error message?
2. Please see the post: SOLVED joomla 1.5.9 frontpage itemid - Maybe it will help in your case?!


1.Sorry but No
2.Sorry but no "Item=1"

Let's investigate again.. ;-)
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
woody_sud
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby woody_sud » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi Yuri, is it possible to add a new parameter to move add form on top of comments list?, Some users have problems to find the add form on bottom or I guess they are too lazy to scroll the page at last. Will be great if you could add this parameter on "form position" in the plugin parameters.

Thank you very much for this great pluging.

lopnorth
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:19 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby lopnorth » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks for a great plugin. I have placed the yvcomment form on the bottom of my individual articles, which works fine. My only problem is when I go to do a preview before posting a comment, a small amount of my article appears above the preview (which is fine) except it shows the raw code for my buttons rather than the buttons themselves. Can you help? Thank you. Linda Harless

xerix32
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby xerix32 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:54 am

yvolk, you are usually very helpful...
Can you answer me? ;)

CDWM
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:23 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Where to put custom template

Postby CDWM » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:37 pm

yvolk wrote:You should put your custom "template override" of this file:
'components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php'
to this location:
'templates/mytemplatename/html/com_yvcomment/comment/default.php'


Got it! Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Now, another issue...I've turned on Comments on Comments for Admin Only, I do see the "Reply" button by each comment in the admin's List of Comments, but when I click it and type a reply, the reply doesn't show up on the article page under the original comment, nor does it show in the list of comments, although it does show up in the Article Manager in Section:Comments, Category:Unsorted Comments. How is this supposed to work and can I get the Admin's replies to display on the article page with the original comment?

I've added the Comments section and Unsorted Comments category to the plugin in the appropriate fields to allow comments on them.

See http://mycarveddoor.com/new/door-showroom/38 where I did post a reply in the Admin's List of Comments.

Thanks in advance, you're the most responsive extension developer I've ever had the pleasure to get advice and help from!
Website Design and Development: http://WebMakerInc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/webmakerinc

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

yvComment and yvSmiley

Postby yvolk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi, I answered you in the JoomlaCode Tracker
xerix32 wrote:I found a bug (I think...)
...yvolk, you are usually very helpful...
Can you answer me? ;)

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

yvComment - new form position suggestion

Postby yvolk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi, woody_sud!
Thank you for the suggestion. I will add this to the ToDo list:
--
Add new "position": "Above list of comments", to the "Position of 'Add your comment' form" option.
--
woody_sud wrote:Hi Yuri, is it possible to add a new parameter to move add form on top of comments list?, Some users have problems to find the add form on bottom or I guess they are too lazy to scroll the page at last. Will be great if you could add this parameter on "form position" in the plugin parameters.

Thank you very much for this great pluging.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

yvComment - preview raw text of the Article

Postby yvolk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi, Linda Harless! This was discussed here (14 Feb 2009).

lopnorth wrote:Thanks for a great plugin. I have placed the yvcomment form on the bottom of my individual articles, which works fine. My only problem is when I go to do a preview before posting a comment, a small amount of my article appears above the preview (which is fine) except it shows the raw code for my buttons rather than the buttons themselves. Can you help? Thank you. Linda Harless

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

yvComment - Does '"Administrator's reply only" work?

Postby yvolk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:54 pm

I've just tested this on my installation: it works!
Link to your site doesn't help me to figure out the problem, because it doesn't show me 'Reply' button ;)
...Maybe you have some wrong custom template?
CDWM wrote:Now, another issue...I've turned on Comments on Comments for Admin Only, I do see the "Reply" button by each comment in the admin's List of Comments, but when I click it and type a reply, the reply doesn't show up on the article page under the original comment, nor does it show in the list of comments, although it does show up in the Article Manager in Section:Comments, Category:Unsorted Comments. How is this supposed to work and can I get the Admin's replies to display on the article page with the original comment?

I've added the Comments section and Unsorted Comments category to the plugin in the appropriate fields to allow comments on them.

See http://mycarveddoor.com/new/door-showroom/38 where I did post a reply in the Admin's List of Comments.

xerix32
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby xerix32 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:10 pm

The problem, I think, is in misunderstanding of how yvcomment/yvSmiley may
mork... so you're trying to hack code.

Maybe, you need to:
1. Configure yvSmiley to "Enable Smiley replacements for the text of Articles"
2. Configure yvComment to "Execute content plugins" (so you won't
need to add triggerEvent...).

Hi Yuri,

thanks for the reply! :D

With your suggested configuration ("Enable Smiley replacements for the text of Articles" + "Execute content plugins") smiles are displayed even in my articles. I do not want this to happen! I want smiles only in comments beacuse in my articles there are situations involving in wrong "smile replacement".

Example:

Code: Select all

There are 2 cpu :(from AMD and INTEL)

and this will wrongly became:
There are 2 cpu :(from AMD and INTEL)

Also in "Programming articles" there are a lot of this situations expecially with script and BBCode tag.

jester7820
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:54 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby jester7820 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:00 am

RE: Redirects to Frontpage upon certain POST or REPLIES

yvolk wrote:I guess you mean that when a User edits comment and so com_yvcomment component works Joomla! works like the User is on the frontpage and not on the page of the Article being commented?!
I think, that this issue was solved in v.1.20.0 of yvComment, but there is no formal description of the algorithm "How Joomla! decides, on what page we are now", so for some articles Joomla! MAY still decide that that we're on the frontpage...
Please look at the fields of the yvComment form in the file "components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php".

Code: Select all

<form name='<?php echo $yvCommentFormName;?>' action='<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_yvcomment');?>' target="_top" method='post'>
  <input type='hidden' name='Itemid' value='<?php echo $yvComment->getComponentItemid();?>' />
  <input type='hidden' name='yvCommentID' value='<?php echo $this->get('yvCommentID'); ?>' />
  <input type='hidden' name='ArticleID' value='<?php echo $this->ArticleID; ?>' />
  <input type='hidden' name='task' value='<?php echo $this->task_next;?>' />
  <input type='hidden' name='view' value='comment' />
  ...


1.20 did improve the issue I was seing. When posting a NEW comment, it no longer goes to the front page. However, an action like Owners reply still was going to the front page. I am still very new to Joomla and standards, but this change seems to work well for me. You or someone else may find a better way, but this seems to work for now. After logging in and clicking reply, it stays on the current page (same URL). I tested with and without SEF so it appears to be safe from my perspective. The change is to the form action using this function: JURI::getInstance()->toString();

com_yvcomment/views/listofcomments/tmpl/default.php

Code: Select all

      <?php   if ($ShowReplyButton) :   ?>
         <td>
           <form action='<?php echo JURI::getInstance()->toString();?>' target="_top" method='post'>


Here is a link with some information: http://docs.joomla.org/JURI/getInstance

I hope this helps, but I'm still learning. YMMV.

Let me know what you think, I'm will to try again or something else if this won't work.


Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 14 guests