Collapsible Menu

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
writinghand
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Collapsible Menu

Post by writinghand » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:34 pm

Hi guys,

I tried all of the major menu modules and didn't like the look until I found the tabs & slides module. I set it to work for my left column where the CB login and menus are.

Unfortunately, the tabs and slides collapses EVERYTHING in the left column, even the other modules. My mini-calender and who's online modules display error messages when I try to expand them.

Aside from minor color issues, the tabs and slides does exactly what I want for a collapsing menu. Is there a way to tinker with the module files? Or did I miss something in the configuration?

Another problem... I use a modified version of the free js_vectoria template. How do I remove the thin border thar wraps my maincontent area? (I'm sure this is common knowledge to many of you)

My website is http://www.writefine.com

Thanks,

Harold

Robert52401
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Collapsible Menu

Post by Robert52401 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:54 am

if you have a link to the template download, I can look into the border around the content issue.
Thanks.

writinghand
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Collapsible Menu

Post by writinghand » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:41 pm

Thank you for the generous offer.

I found the problem, I didn't have it configured properly. I had to create a new module position and link each menu to the tab & slide module. It still doesn't show up in firefox.

I decided to leave the border but ran into another problem. Some of the members would like my header image to redirect them to the homepage. Normally, I could do this with no problem but my header is a background image that I swapped out. (I renamed my custom header to match the template background header name. Now I can't seem to hyperlink it.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”