AllVideos Reloaded for Joomla 1.5 discussion thread

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rw1
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: AllVideos Reloaded for Joomla 1.5 discussion thread

Post by rw1 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi Fritz, Long time no see! Hope you are well!!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to have an external video such as a [youtube] video in a playlist?

If so how do you refer to it in the <location></location> tags of the playlist xml file?

Thank you.

EDIT: And can anyone tell me if it is possible to set the text hover color in the module playlist? Thank you.

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:34 pm

rw1 wrote:Hi Fritz, Long time no see! Hope you are well!!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to have an external video such as a [youtube] video in a playlist?

If so how do you refer to it in the <location></location> tags of the playlist xml file?

Thank you.

EDIT: And can anyone tell me if it is possible to set the text hover color in the module playlist? Thank you.
Hi Robin ;)

Q1:
Yes and No. From the local player's perspective it is a Yes: Simply put the URL of the FLV file to play in the <location></location> tags, but - here comes the No-part - Adobe's flash has a security mechanism to prevent cross-site-scripting: If you load the video from a different site than the player itself, then before fetching the video file, flash fetches a file named crossdomain.xml from the site where the video is located. (That is: http://www.[youtube].com/crossdomain.xml) In that crossdomain.xml file, the owner of that site can define, which remote hosts are allowed to fetch the video. In case of [youtube], that file looks like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- http://www.[youtube].com/crossdomain.xml -->
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*.[youtube].com" />
  <allow-access-from domain="*.ytimg.com" />
  <allow-access-from domain="*.google.com" />
</cross-domain-policy>
So [youtube] allows fetching the video only, if the flash player was loaded from one of the domains [youtube].com, ytimg.com or google.com. Since in your case that is not the case, the player will not play the video. (That's the reason, why the {[youtube]} tag of AVR uses [youtube]'s player - loaded from [youtube] - instead of its own). The simplest solution for this limitation would be: Download the video, put it on your site and stream it from there.

Q2:
Not tested actually, but I believe, those elements should use the same phicolor="#123456" setting like the other control elements.

Cheers
-Fritz

tfuller
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by tfuller » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:50 pm

So is this crossdomain.xml possibly why the m4v video I am calling in one site from another will not play?

I am working on integrating the AllVideos Reloaded into my component. mp3 and google videos work just fine but when I reference an .m4v video that is held on another server I only get the tags {m4vremote}http://www.mysite.com/video.m4v{/m4vremote}.

Would such an xml file solve that problem and if so, do you have hints on constructing it or is there documentation from Adobe on that?

To see what I mean here is the link to a test site that as of 3-13-08 8:50am PDT has a link to the view inside my component that is trying to load an external m4v file.

http://www.joomlaoregon.org/biblestudy/ ... 2&Itemid=2

Thanks! Awesome plugin by the way. I'm so happy to be able to integrate it with my own component.
Author of component Joomla Bible Study:
http://www.JoomlaBibleStudy.org

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:26 pm

tfuller wrote:So is this crossdomain.xml possibly why the m4v video I am calling in one site from another will not play?

I am working on integrating the AllVideos Reloaded into my component. mp3 and google videos work just fine but when I reference an .m4v video that is held on another server I only get the tags {m4vremote}http://www.mysite.com/video.m4v{/m4vremote}.

Would such an xml file solve that problem and if so, do you have hints on constructing it or is there documentation from Adobe on that?

To see what I mean here is the link to a test site that as of 3-13-08 8:50am PDT has a link to the view inside my component that is trying to load an external m4v file.

http://www.joomlaoregon.org/biblestudy/ ... 2&Itemid=2

Thanks! Awesome plugin by the way. I'm so happy to be able to integrate it with my own component.
No, on your site, the plugin's markup appears as plain text, which means: the AllVideos Reloaded Plugin is either not called at all or disabled. Also: I just tested the tag from your site on my test-server and it works fine here (apart from streaming extremely slow). Normally, if some media cannot be loaded, the behavior is: It shows the GUI, but when you hit the play button (or autostart is enabled) then the loading icon in the center of the video keeps spinning forever.

About general documentation on crossdomain.xml an d flash security:
See http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/main/ ... 01621.html

BTW:
The default behavior when - like in your case - no crossdomain.xml is provided , Flash shows a small popup, asking the user if he wishes to load the content. So in order to avoid that dialog, it is a good idea to put some crossdomain.xml on the same server where the video file resides.

BTW2:
Another solution is to use a proxy, located on your site. Instead of specifying the remote URL, you the would specify a local url and the proxy would the fetch the videostream on behalf of the player (without requiring a crossdomain.xml).
There are several proxies written in PHP out on the net and when I started my plugin project, I evaluated them all in the hope I could provide such functionality within Joomla. Unfortunately, they all are poorly designed, punching huge security holes in your Joomla site. The most common problems were:
  • Open relay vulnerability: Proxy takes target-url and delivers it blindly without checking if the the request is legit.
    Performance: Since written in PHP, transferred data is at least buffered once in apache which can consume huge amounts of memory.
The following is not yet released! (Just so you get an idea what will be possible in the future).
I therefore have written a standalone proxy in C which - at least I believe so - is quite secure and and does not impact the webserver itself performance-wise. It works like this:
  1. 1. When generating the embedding code, AllVideos Reloaded calculates a hash value from the original media-URL and Joomla's current session-ID and puts that together with the URL into a database table.
    2. Instead of the original URL, the embedding flash code then uses a local URL representing the hash (something like movie="http://YourSite.com:YourProxyPort/avr_cbd2fc503e88e0d2b99a521a5f67e309.m4v").
    3. When loaded in the browser, the MediaPlayer requests that URL and the request arrives at the proxy.
    4. The proxy extracts the hash string from the URL, queries the database with that and retrieves the real URL, fetches it and delivers it back to the player.
    5. The proxy deletes the record from the table.
    6. The records in the database are being expired after some time if the player did not issue an actual request (e.g: browser has crashed, or network connection was broken etc).
Before people start asking:
Part 2 is 5 and 6 are not yet implemented and I currently have no idea about any time-frame ... The current code is in SVN, so if some C Guru is listening: Feel free to help out ;)

Ciao
-Fritz

rw1
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by rw1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:19 am

felfert wrote:
Hi Robin ;)

Q1:
Yes and No. From the local player's perspective it is a Yes: Simply put the URL of the FLV file to play in the <location></location> tags, but - here comes the No-part - Adobe's flash has a security mechanism to prevent cross-site-scripting: If you load the video from a different site than the player itself, then before fetching the video file, flash fetches a file named crossdomain.xml from the site where the video is located. (That is: http://www.[youtube].com/crossdomain.xml) In that crossdomain.xml file, the owner of that site can define, which remote hosts are allowed to fetch the video. In case of [youtube], that file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- http://www.[youtube].com/crossdomain.xml -->
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*.[youtube].com" />
  <allow-access-from domain="*.ytimg.com" />
  <allow-access-from domain="*.google.com" />
</cross-domain-policy>
So [youtube] allows fetching the video only, if the flash player was loaded from one of the domains [youtube].com, ytimg.com or google.com. Since in your case that is not the case, the player will not play the video. (That's the reason, why the {[youtube]} tag of AVR uses [youtube]'s player - loaded from [youtube] - instead of its own). The simplest solution for this limitation would be: Download the video, put it on your site and stream it from there.

Q2:
Not tested actually, but I believe, those elements should use the same phicolor="#123456" setting like the other control elements.

Cheers
-Fritz
thanks fritz, brilliant as usual, ive just moved to new york so busy settling in, i hope all is going well with you! all the best, robin :)

jxrossel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Download when using a playlist

Post by jxrossel » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:18 am

Hi,

I know that you can define the "link" parameter to specify a download link for a simple file. I am wondering if something similar is possible when using a playlist. I am using a XSPF playlist. Is there a tag that I can use in the playlist to specify the download link?

Thanks

Jonathan
Jonathan

My website: http://www.themotherfunkers.ch, a taste of swiss funky music.

steenmf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by steenmf » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:33 am

Hi.
I´m looking for a component that allows my site-users to upload user-generated videomaterial to the site in a [youtube] fashion. From what I can read it´s unclear to me if AllVideo Reloaded is the right component for this (with or without tweaking). Anyone who can advise me on this? Or recommend me some other component for this purpose? Thanks!

jxrossel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jxrossel » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:22 am

Hi,
I´m looking for a component that allows my site-users to upload user-generated videomaterial to the site in a [youtube] fashion. From what I can read it´s unclear to me if AllVideo Reloaded is the right component for this (with or without tweaking). Anyone who can advise me on this? Or recommend me some other component for this purpose? Thanks!
Allvideos reloaded is really a media player. There are no front-end managers. Maybe you can try seyret http://www.joomlaholic.com/index.php?op ... n&Itemid=4, but I am not sure wether it is fully 1.5 compatible. I know the guy was working on it. Probably working in legacy mode.
Jonathan

pippo_jedi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Noob question

Post by pippo_jedi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:06 am

Hello,
I'm trying to make your plugin work, but something isn't right... I understand it's a noob question, but everyone is a noob one time...
I'm trying to see a flash video and a mp3. neither of them works. I see only javascript code in firebug.
the file are in the videos and audio folder and the names are spelled correctly (I copied them and pasted in the url bar and the download starts, so they're there for sure)...the code in the article is:

{flv}pitagora{/flv}

{mp3}ciube{/mp3}
I tried it with a remote example with a [youtube] file and it worked, so it should work... i feel very stupid :'(
can anyone help me? ;)

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Noob question

Post by felfert » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:15 am

pippo_jedi wrote:Hello,
I'm trying to make your plugin work, but something isn't right... I understand it's a noob question, but everyone is a noob one time...
I'm trying to see a flash video and a mp3. neither of them works. I see only javascript code in firebug.
the file are in the videos and audio folder and the names are spelled correctly (I copied them and pasted in the url bar and the download starts, so they're there for sure)...the code in the article is:

{flv}pitagora{/flv}

{mp3}ciube{/mp3}
I tried it with a remote example with a [youtube] file and it worked, so it should work... i feel very stupid :'(
can anyone help me? ;)
Are you able to watch the video on this page?

If yes, your web-server setup probably delivers the wrong mime type for .flv and .mp3 files. I you use IIS, have a look here.

If no, this sounds like a client-side problem with your flash. What version has your flash-plugin? (Visit this page at Adobe for checking). Currently, when using JW MediaPlayer for local content, AllVideos Reloaded sets the required flash version to 9.0.115 and it normally should generate a popup-upgrader when it detects an older version. However that upgrader sometimes fails to show. If your flash is older than 9.0.115 and you don't want to upgrade, you can try the following:

In plugins/content/avreloaded/fmt-flash.php, find the word XPINST. Just before that word, you can find the hardcoded required version in single quotes. Try changing it to something older (e.g. '8'). In the next version of AllVideos Reloaded (in a couple of days), the required flash version will be configurable in the backend.

Cheers
-Fritz

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Download when using a playlist

Post by felfert » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:36 am

jxrossel wrote:Hi,

I know that you can define the "link" parameter to specify a download link for a simple file. I am wondering if something similar is possible when using a playlist. I am using a XSPF playlist. Is there a tag that I can use in the playlist to specify the download link?

Thanks

Jonathan
Yes, use

<info>http://your.server.com/your/download/url</info>
. On this page you can find an example and download the corresponding xml file.

jxrossel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jxrossel » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:02 am

Hi,
felfert wrote: Yes, use

Thanks for your fast answer!

I tried what you advised but I encountered a problem. I used the <info> tag to point to the file that was supposed to be downloaded, but when I clicked on the download button, a second tab opened in the pop-up (the module is opened as a popup) and firefox tried to play the file with the quicktime plugin. Then firefox crashed... I found out that this was happening because firefox was set to deal with mp3 files in that way. I had to set its "automatic" actions manually in order to have the "save as" window opening when activating an mp3 link. Only then the download button worked.

I guess that many users could face the same problem but without knowing what to do. Is there a way to make sure that a "save as" window opens when the download button is clicked?

Thanks,
Jonathan

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:33 am

jxrossel wrote:Hi,
felfert wrote: Yes, use

Thanks for your fast answer!

I tried what you advised but I encountered a problem. I used the <info> tag to point to the file that was supposed to be downloaded, but when I clicked on the download button, a second tab opened in the pop-up (the module is opened as a popup) and firefox tried to play the file with the quicktime plugin. Then firefox crashed... I found out that this was happening because firefox was set to deal with mp3 files in that way. I had to set its "automatic" actions manually in order to have the "save as" window opening when activating an mp3 link. Only then the download button worked.

I guess that many users could face the same problem but without knowing what to do. Is there a way to make sure that a "save as" window opens when the download button is clicked?

Thanks,
Well, that's a general problem when providing downloads for file types which normally would be interpreted by the browser. It happens even if you simply use a normal href= link to such a file. What you have to do in such case is not to provide the link to the plain file but to some actually downloadable version. You can do this in several ways:
  1. Zip the file and put it on your server, then provide the link to the zip instead of the original.
  2. If you have access to your apache-configuration: Put the file in a second directory on your server and then use apache's ForceType config directive inside a Location or Directory directive to force all files in that directory to be application/octet-stream.
  3. Use some "force-download" wrapper and provide a link to that one. A force-download wrapper is a little php-script which adds the necessary HTTP headers to the file. The link then would look similar like this:

<info>http://your.server/images/audio/force.php?name=original.mp3</info>
    , depending on the wrapper.
  4. Use some Joomla! download component which allows direct linking and provide a link to that.
Note:
force-download wrappers can be quite dangerous if they are poorly designed and blindly use the provided parameter without checking access permissions. Imagine what happens if some attacker uses

<info>http://your.server/images/stories/audio/force.php?name=../../../configuration.php</info>
whoops, he got your site's config file which contains the DB password (and more).

Cheers
-Fritz

[Edit]
On my site, I use a wrapper in combination with apache's mod_rewrite which should be quite secure:
I have a a subdir [MyServerRoot]/external/ where I put all my external scripts. In there, I have a file, named forcedl.php (Note: In that file, the server-root is hardcoded. Replace [ServerRoot] by your actual server's root):

<?php
function err($code) {
    switch ($code) {
    case 403:
        header("HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden");
        echo '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You are not allowed to requested this URL.</p>
<hr>
</body></html>';
        break;
    case 404:
        header("HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found");
        echo '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL '.$_SERVER['PATH_INFO'].' was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
</body></html>';
        break;
    }
    exit;
}
if (!isset($_SERVER['PATH_INFO'])) {
    err(403);
    exit;
}
$file = $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'];
if (strpos($file, '[MyServerRoot]/images') !== 0) {
    err(403);
    exit;
}
if ($file == "") {
    err(403);
    exit;
}
if (!file_exists($file)) {
    err(404);
    exit;
}
if(ini_get('zlib.output_compression'))
    ini_set('zlib.output_compression', 'Off');
ob_end_clean();
header('Pragma: public');
header('Expires: 0');
header('Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
header('Cache-Control: private', false);
header('Content-Type: application/force-download');
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.basename($file).'";');
header('Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary');
header('Content-Length: '.filesize($file));
readfile($file);
exit;

In my apache config, I then use these directives:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/external/forcedl.php
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} force-download=1
RewriteRule (.*) /external/forcedl.php/$1
This results in the following behavior: Whenever I use an URL which points to some file inside my images dir and has the query parameter ?force-download=1 appended, it uses the script to force a download.
Last edited by felfert on Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pippo_jedi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pippo_jedi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:48 am

felfert wrote:
pippo_jedi wrote:Hello,

{flv}pitagora{/flv}

{mp3}ciube{/mp3}
can anyone help me? ;)
Are you able to watch the video on this page?

If yes, your web-server setup probably delivers the wrong mime type for .flv and .mp3 files. I you use IIS, have a look here.

If no, this sounds like a client-side problem with your flash. What version has your flash-plugin? (Visit this page at Adobe for checking). Currently, when using JW MediaPlayer for local content, AllVideos Reloaded sets the required flash version to 9.0.115 and it normally should generate a popup-upgrader when it detects an older version. However that upgrader sometimes fails to show. If your flash is older than 9.0.115 and you don't want to upgrade, you can try the following:

In plugins/content/avreloaded/fmt-flash.php, find the word XPINST. Just before that word, you can find the hardcoded required version in single quotes. Try changing it to something older (e.g. '8'). In the next version of AllVideos Reloaded (in a couple of days), the required flash version will be configurable in the backend.

Cheers
-Fritz
Thank you! the problem was exactly the required flash as I have 9.0.31.
Now if it helps you the problem may be that I have a linux machine with amd64 on it, so there is no official flash player for this combination: I have to manually install the flash player for i386 and then use a wrapper to make it work (with some pains: sometimes firefox freezes). I know that my kind of users is not THAT much wide spread but we are a bunch nevertheless, you may consider adding some sort of warning to the user if it has an slighter older version (like me, I didn't know where was the problem, I had to ask you) and that it should manually upgrade.
Thank you for your time, I'm going review your plug in :-D

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:31 pm

pippo_jedi wrote: Thank you! the problem was exactly the required flash as I have 9.0.31.
Now if it helps you the problem may be that I have a linux machine with amd64 on it, so there is no official flash player for this combination: I have to manually install the flash player for i386 and then use a wrapper to make it work (with some pains: sometimes firefox freezes). I know that my kind of users is not THAT much wide spread but we are a bunch nevertheless, you may consider adding some sort of warning to the user if it has an slighter older version (like me, I didn't know where was the problem, I had to ask you) and that it should manually upgrade.
Thank you for your time, I'm going review your plug in :-D
You are right of course! In 1.0beta2 of the plugin, I use google's swfobject JS library version 2.0RC1. Meanwhile, swfobject-2.0 final is out which apparently fixes that problem. The next version of AllVideos Reloaded will use that version and will provide a text-only warning message if that doesn't work.

Thanks
-Fritz

jxrossel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jxrossel » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi Fritz,
felfert wrote:
Well, that's a general problem when providing downloads for file types which normally would be interpreted by the browser. It happens even if you simply use a normal href= link to such a file. What you have to do in such case is not to provide the link to the plain file but to some actually downloadable version. You can do this in several ways:
  1. Zip the file and put it on your server, then provide the link to the zip instead of the original.
  2. If you have access to your apache-configuration: Put the file in a second directory on your server and then use apache's ForceType config directive inside a Location or Directory directive to force all files in that directory to be application/octet-stream.
  3. Use some "force-download" wrapper and provide a link to that one. A force-download wrapper is a little php-script which adds the necessary HTTP headers to the file. The link then would look similar like this:

4. Use some Joomla! download component which allows direct linking and provide a link to that.
Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. That one must have eaten half of your day...! I was guessing that the problem was more general, as you said, and I am going to try your suggestions (well, first I will need to study them, cause it's quite heavy to digest...). I'll probably go for the Joomla downloader, if I find one. Anyway, thanks for the lesson!
Jonathan

jxrossel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jxrossel » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi again,
jxrossel wrote:Hi Fritz,
felfert wrote:

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. That one must have eaten half of your day...! I was guessing that the problem was more general, as you said, and I am going to try your suggestions (well, first I will need to study them, cause it's quite heavy to digest...). I'll probably go for the Joomla downloader, if I find one. Anyway, thanks for the lesson!
As this may be of some interest for others, let me give you the amateur's point of view on the question... ;)
  1. I didn't use the "zip the file" way, because unzipping a file is already difficult for some users.
  2. I don't have access to the apache server configuration, but ... see below.
  3. Far too complicated for me :eek:
  4. I could not find any 1.5 native downloader that were nice enough.
So, well, I found out that you can define a .htaccess file to overload apache settings on a folder and his subfolders. Of course, your webhost must allow this overriding (mine actually does!). So, step by step, here is the procedure:
  1. Create a folder in your media folder, e.g. /images/stories/downloads/
  2. Create an empty file called .htaccess and place it in the newly created folder
  3. Edit the file and add:

#changes the mime-type of the files to force downloading when the files
    #are called. The mime-type is the file type tag given by the server.
    ForceType application/octet-stream

Then, save the file
  4. Make a copy of all the files that you want to be downloadable into the new folder
  5. Edit the playlist and for each track, add an <info> tag with a link to the corresponding file in the "download" folder
That's it! The only drawback of the method is that each file is stored twice on the server. If you don't have to many files, it is not really a problem.

Thanks Fritz!
Jonathan

westward
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Popup window

Post by westward » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:52 am

Hi!

Last string on the demo page http://allvideos.fritz-elfert.de/the-module.html - "Watch another video in a popup window by clicking _here_".

I want to make a page with some flv video, like that:
Video samples:
123.flv
456.flv
And I want to have the same behaviour: each video in popup window, sure when visitor clicks on the corresponded url.

On the demo site I don't found any code sample for popup window. Any word on the FAQ or the Documentation section.

Maybe somebody can help me with my question?

sorry for my bad English.
WBR

Joscarfas
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Joscarfas » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 am

Hey guys - I'd really appreciate some input here. Does anyone have any idea why the color background only shows on th e left and right sides of the player? I've been playing around with the global parameters and my CSS template, but can't get it right

madsamurai
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by madsamurai » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:06 pm

Hello,
This looks like a great solution for flash embedding, etc. and I'm looking forward to using it.

I just had one question, and that is how to provide alternate content for users without the flash plugin (or whatever other plugin is needed and unavailable)? I see you're using swfobject to embed flash, but I assume it's only going to overwrite the tag itself and not the div it's contained in, so I'm guessing my "normal" method of just putting alt content within the div that would be overwritten by swfobject probably won't work here?

Specifically, my client wants his own image there but linked to the adobe download site... he's a picky one, so I'm afraid I have to figure this out.

Thanks!

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:53 pm

madsamurai wrote:Hello,
This looks like a great solution for flash embedding, etc. and I'm looking forward to using it.

I just had one question, and that is how to provide alternate content for users without the flash plugin (or whatever other plugin is needed and unavailable)? I see you're using swfobject to embed flash, but I assume it's only going to overwrite the tag itself and not the div it's contained in, so I'm guessing my "normal" method of just putting alt content within the div that would be overwritten by swfobject probably won't work here?

Specifically, my client wants his own image there but linked to the adobe download site... he's a picky one, so I'm afraid I have to figure this out.

Thanks!
Fetch the new plugin version 1.0beta3 (just released)!
In that version, in the advanced parameters, there's a textbox where you can enter HTML for the alternate content.

Here's a short changelog of 1.0beta3

New Features
  • Added altcontent parameter
  • Added flashver parameter for adjusting minimum Flash version. Thanks to Chris Martin
  • Added shownav attribute
  • Added ability to negate conditionals in player definitions
  • Added a preset for virb.com
  • Added chinese provider 6CN
  • Added m4v tag
  • Added cache for ripper responses.
  • Added dutch translation, thanks to Gerard Enschut
  • Added auto-generated multi language documentation
  • Generate ChangeLog.html and include it in distribution
  • Added link to ChangeLog in admin backend.
Changed Features/Behavior
  • Updated to JW Media Player 3.15
  • Disabled display of related videos at the end of a video in [youtube]'s player
  • Removed showvolume attribute (Support was removed in JW Media Player since v3.14)
  • Changed bofunk tag to use flash instead of WMP due to site changes on bofunk.com
  • Change to new Yahoo player
  • Removed preset for Stage6.com (Site has been shut down)
Bugfixes
  • Added workaround for "double-slash" problem in module.
  • Added index.html in plugin subdir
  • Fixed positioning of Virb.com player
  • Fixed a bug in the mediacode patch engine which lead to config vars being overwritten on the fly.
  • Fixed attribute parser for style and legacy attributes.
Misc.
  • Removed Makefile from normal distro - Used for development only
  • Sorted external presets
  • Cleaned up installation XML
Cheers
-Fritz

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Popup window

Post by felfert » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:24 pm

westward wrote:Hi!

Last string on the demo page http://allvideos.fritz-elfert.de/the-module.html - "Watch another video in a popup window by clicking _here_".

I want to make a page with some flv video, like that:
Video samples:
123.flv
456.flv
And I want to have the same behaviour: each video in popup window, sure when visitor clicks on the corresponded url.

On the demo site I don't found any code sample for popup window. Any word on the FAQ or the Documentation section.

Maybe somebody can help me with my question?

sorry for my bad English.
WBR
At the demo site, I have relized this by using the module and the player's JavaScript funtionality. Here is a short description how to do it:
  1. Create a new custom module, based on the AllVideos Reloaded Module.
  2. In the module parameters, make shure that you disable the "Show Title" option on the left.
  3. Fill in your media code, enable "Use popup" and select the popup's size. Leave everything else empty!
  4. In the "Menu Assignment" section, select the pages where you want to use the popup functionality.
  5. Publish the module at (almost) any position.
  6. In your content (or anywhere else on the same page) call the JavaScript function avrOpenPopup0()
E.g.: The source of the link at the demo site looks like this:

<p>Watch another video in a popup window by clicking <a href="#" onclick="avrOpenPopup0();">here</a></p>
Steps 2 and 3 should make the normal module content invisible (only the module's JavaScript is generated).
If you publish multiple different custom AVR modules on a single page, the name of the JavaScript popup function to call is avrOpenPopup0, avrOpenPopup1 and so on...

Cheers
-Fritz

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:28 pm

Joscarfas wrote:Hey guys - I'd really appreciate some input here. Does anyone have any idea why the color background only shows on th e left and right sides of the player? I've been playing around with the global parameters and my CSS template, but can't get it right

Can you please provide an URL to your page, so that I can check that myself?

Thanks
-Fritz

Hellman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Hellman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi... Great plugin, I was really missing it from the old Joomla

I just got a question; I saw on your website that you had a .flv popup embedded that actually worked. Im looking in to doing something similar on my website, just that the link should be thumbnails instead of text. And the media type is .wmv files hosted locally on the server, not from other sites. There should be about 200 files and thumbnails on the page. I have tried doing this with Javascript and your module but it doesent seem to work. It just embeds the player in on the page and regards the javascript, so no popup for me :(

Can someone give an example on a piece of code that would load a instance of the module with a .wmv file in a new popup window, then i can adapt it so it fits my page

Thanks...

And great work! :)

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Hellman wrote:Hi... Great plugin, I was really missing it from the old Joomla

I just got a question; I saw on your website that you had a .flv popup embedded that actually worked. Im looking in to doing something similar on my website, just that the link should be thumbnails instead of text. And the media type is .wmv files hosted locally on the server, not from other sites. There should be about 200 files and thumbnails on the page. I have tried doing this with Javascript and your module but it doesent seem to work. It just embeds the player in on the page and regards the javascript, so no popup for me :(

Can someone give an example on a piece of code that would load a instance of the module with a .wmv file in a new popup window, then i can adapt it so it fits my page

Thanks...

Just answered that 3 articles before ...
BTW: Don't use wmv. This is just asking for problems (with codec compatibility - and performance until you don't run an RTMP server). FLV is way better suited, m4v with H.264 codec is the choice for high quality (look at the spitzer video on the demo site) ...

Hellman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Hellman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:06 pm

felfert wrote:
Hellman wrote:Hi... Great plugin, I was really missing it from the old Joomla

Thanks...

Just answered that 3 articles before ...
BTW: Don't use wmv. This is just asking for problems (with codec compatibility - and performance until you don't run an RTMP server). FLV is way better suited, m4v with H.264 codec is the choice for high quality (look at the spitzer video on the demo site) ...
Yeah... I saw that... I must have been writing my reply to this thread when you wrote it... Or maybe im going blind :laugh:

Thanks... Just got some more questions then :) As I understand, then i will have to create a module for each of my media files and name theese modules; avrOpenPopup0, avrOpenPopup1 and so on? And then link to my media in thoose modules?

I will look in to converting my existing media to .flv files, it looks great on your site, and yeah, they are smaller in size... Although i have 7Gigs of webspace with 500Mbit guaranteed bandwidth... But yes, its better to be safe than sorry

Thanks!

believe
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by believe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:05 am

Fritz, I just unistalled 1.02 plugin and uploaded 1.03, I downloaded the spitzer video but when I click the play button, it doesn't show the video and I can't hear any audio. There is a black screen with a continuous loading icon. do you have any suggestions? :-[

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:49 am

believe wrote:Fritz, I just unistalled 1.02 plugin and uploaded 1.03, I downloaded the spitzer video but when I click the play button, it doesn't show the video and I can't hear any audio. There is a black screen with a continuous loading icon. do you have any suggestions? :-[
This usually indicates that the player cannot load the video file.

The easiest way to debug stuff like this, is with FireFox and the FireBug plugin, available here. If you have installed that, go to your page where the video is not working, then click on the FireBug Icon to open FireBug. In FireBug, select the Net Tab. In the Net Tab, you will see a List of all network-requests made by the browser (and the FlashPlayer). Scroll down until you find the request for the video file (If there was an error, that request is usually red). Click on the little '+' at the left and you can see your server's response. (I bet it is "404 Not found" or similar).

Without FireBug, it's a little more complicated:
Again, visit the page which contains the video that doesn't work, then open the "View HTML Source" (or similar). Then, in that text, search for the string

<!-- AllVideos Reloaded Plugin
(which marks the start and end of the code, inserted by the plugin. A few lines below that start, look for the string similar to the following:

file:'/images/stories/videos/016-showcase_xplanets.m4v'
If the file's extension does not read .m4v, then you have used the wrong tag.

Ciao
-Fritz

PS: I recall, you had problems with that specific video before. So simply give me an URL of your page and I'll try to find out... ;)
Last edited by felfert on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by felfert » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:55 am

Hellman wrote: ...
Thanks... Just got some more questions then :) As I understand, then i will have to create a module for each of my media files and name theese modules; avrOpenPopup0, avrOpenPopup1 and so on? And then link to my media in thoose modules?
Thanks!
The names of the modules themselves don't matter. The function names are derived by their sequence on the page. The first module on a particular page creates the function avrOpenPopup0, the next module creates avrOpenPopup1 and so on.

Cheers
-Fritz

madsamurai
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by madsamurai » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:13 am

felfert wrote:
madsamurai wrote:Hello,
I just had one question, and that is how to provide alternate content for users without the flash plugin (or whatever other plugin is needed and unavailable)?
Fetch the new plugin version 1.0beta3 (just released)!
In that version, in the advanced parameters, there's a textbox where you can enter HTML for the alternate content.

Here's a short changelog of 1.0beta3

New Features
  • Added altcontent parameter
And he's a mind reader too! You're my new hero, Fritz :)

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”